Chris Masterjohn Seems To Be Falling Apart

InChristAlone

I think Chris is confident enough of himself to put himself out there and that's mighty admirable of him. There's this thing common in people, and often I'm guilty of it, where we just want to listen to the perfect examplar of health as our guide, as opposed to someone who's going through an unresolved war within himself or herself. But the person who's been through a lot, and has been learning a lot and sharing it, has a lot more to learn from. And it's often the case that the golden boy, or girl, is simply hiding his mistakes, not wanting to destroy the myth of his infallibility, and is actually just so wrong it pains to see his legions of followers suffering as a result.

I've come to disdain such experts and I'm also not a big fan of people who have an expert worship mentality. I like that people learn from other's challenges and trials, as there's much to learn from them. As a professor once told me, it's not the answer that's important, it's how you arrive at the solution to the problem.
Yeah it is hard to admit you haven't figured out a health problem while helping other people solve their's. It does take being humble and down to earth. I'm glad people with a career on the line are willing to do it. Can't forget people have been caught lieing about their cancer to sell books! haha

postman

It wouldn't surprise me if there is something to this. Some of the symptoms that Chris gets from not supplementing VA for just a couple of weeks, I get them as well. Those are not deficiency symptoms, you don't become deficient in VA in 2 weeks. It seems like he has poisoned himself with massive doses of VA for years. Whether that has anything to do with his new illness nobody can know. Garrett is brash as always but he might be correct. I hope Chris gets well.

Amazoniac

We can't know for certain what is causing his issues. But I'm seeing some denial in his defensive post to Dr Smith. First he fails to mention that he was using high dose supplemental A to control allergies, he may not be using it right now but he definitely was. Then he tries to say moderate alcohol consumption is associated with good outcomes, well who cares if some people live long and drink? And who knows what health problems they suffered with throughout their life due to the alcohol! You cannot ignore that alcohol consumption reduces important nutrients by citing a study saying it's okay to drink. Also why does he feel the need to combat Smith? Chris is making his health issues very public that doesn't mean Smith should analyze the F out of him publicly but he has the freedom to use his platform to express himself. I get the desire to want to connect everything he is researching, I tend to do it myself. I just don't publicly say what I'm thinking. But God knows I analyze the F out of people's health problems. It actually kinda sucks because you think you might know the cause and you can't stop thinking about it. I lost a good friend because I analyzed her friend's cancer.... ugh ugh!!! Learned to keep my mouth shut to friends about health!!

I feel bad Chris has had health issues despite his knowledge, sometimes knowledge doesn't give us any healing power. Sometimes it can override what our body is telling us when we analyze and think too much. Science minded people can get too analytical and less intuitive. Sometimes life doesn't behave scientifically. How can you explain why someone comes back from the dead for instance? Or miraculous healings? Or why someone who takes care of themselves really well gets cancer? Chris would say its all genetic, but there is more to life than genes, or diet, or exercise.

Either way... cautionary principle.... something that can cause toxicity we need to be cautious with. That includes vitamin A, alcohol, toxic metals, mold, pharmaceuticals, etc.
*ETA Caffeine too..
It wouldn't surprise me if there is something to this. Some of the symptoms that Chris gets from not supplementing VA for just a couple of weeks, I get them as well. Those are not deficiency symptoms, you don't become deficient in VA in 2 weeks. It seems like he has poisoned himself with massive doses of VA for years. Whether that has anything to do with his new illness nobody can know. Garrett is brash as always. I hope Chris gets well.
He's defensive because it's threatening his reputation: his opinions are influenced by sponsors, that he agressively dismisses, demeans or excludes alternative views. Chris was probably composed in his response attempting to not reinforce these. But how would you feel about it and having someone scrutinizing your life, starting from a post with personal details of health struggles, to conclude with a diagnose?

It wouldn't surprise me if excess poisonoids was involved either, but he increases his tolerance with fast metabolism, nutritious diet and (if I'm not wrong) high protein consumption, coffee, sun exposure (although it's intoxicating at the same time), bodybuilding, and other factors that I can't remember now. He could be dealing with some issue that's kept under control with higher doses at the expense of other parts.

Nevertheless, arguments continue to confirm how clueless this guy is, and even if everything was accurate, his attitude is as immoral as his practice.

Ella

Forum Supporter
We forget gurus are mere mortals, not super beings. Chris had a lot on his plate. Must be super stressful staying at the forefront of the research, synthesizing it, consolidating, then communicating with all the various platforms and media which is now available to the wider community. Put yourself out there as the go to guy, places much pressure on the body. No time for rest. No time to switch off. No time for repair and regeneration. No time to sit down and enjoy the food you eat. You are stuck on that treadmill not able to jump off; taking shortcuts just to survive. You may feel invincible when running on adrenaline but eventually you pay the price.

I wish Chris all the best and hope he takes all the time he needs away from the public eye to heal and get off that treadmill. Chris may have made mistakes but that's because we are all in uncharted waters and he should not lose hope. Look at this setback as an opportunity to refine his knowledge and fill in those missing pieces. When we think we may be lacking in certain vitamins or minerals, we need to trust the body's wisdom, that perhaps this is part of its armamentarium against invaders.

Regardless of what you think of Colin T Campbell, I think his talk on supplementation is timely.

@burtlancast what is your opinion on the Roy Swank diet?

mangoes

I thinkChris is very sick. Pictures of him on his FB page that are not touched up do not look good. Face too long, too much gums to teeth ratio in his mouth...something is definitely up.

what does excessive gingival show have to do with health? particularly the symptoms he’s describing, parasthesia, abnormal gait

paulwalkerrip

Is he an advocate for PUFAs? Could that explain his low cholesterol? And how would he make enough vitamin D as well as hormones?

Nah he's pretty bullish on saturated fat from what I've seen. I know that he certainly watches his intake of that macronutrient though.

burtlancast

@burtlancast what is your opinion on the Roy Swank diet?

After reading his 1953 paper, he seems to have obtained good results. He's actually replicating part of the good results of the Gerson diet, without equaling them.

His hypothesis about fats triggering MS isn't correct, of course. It's related to a lack of sunlight, more precisely UV radiation and the effects of the Vit D it creates in the skin.

Maybe the fact the patients abstained from eating cholesterol-containing foods suppressed the micro organisms involved in MS ( Revici proved sterols enhance viral activity, while fatty acids inhibit it)

Today, the Coimbra protocol has much better results, and maybe too the Bob Beck blood electrifier.

Last edited:

Max23

yeah...maybe he is overthinking it though and not listening to his body, who knows. I definitely don't feel less hope from his story...if anything I feel like the more extreme things he has tried with all the organ meats and WP were not smart.

Could be so. Maybe your health is not as hopeless so stories like this won´t make you feel so hopeless. I have heard some weird things he has done, but I don´t know the details. I know him as the YouTube and podcast dude whose thinking sounds very reasonable. I have listened to his videos about vitamins and methylation and so on. They have been educational.

Even with weird dietary stuff a disease of a young person should be reversable. He sometimes seemed to go too scientific with diet. I would listen to my intuition more. Wouldn´t it be cool if he went on a vitamin A free diet? He would either prove Garrett wrong or make people investigate more of what´s up with it.

Is eating organ meats extreme? I thought it was peatian.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Could be so. Maybe your health is not as hopeless so stories like this won´t make you feel so hopeless. I have heard some weird things he has done, but I don´t know the details. I know him as the YouTube and podcast dude whose thinking sounds very reasonable. I have listened to his videos about vitamins and methylation and so on. They have been educational.

Even with weird dietary stuff a disease of a young person should be reversable. He sometimes seemed to go too scientific with diet. I would listen to my intuition more. Wouldn´t it be cool if he went on a vitamin A free diet? He would either prove Garrett wrong or make people investigate more of what´s up with it.

Is eating organ meats extreme? I thought it was peatian.
the interesting thing about the low vitamin A diet, is it seems the more extreme your previous exposure to VA, the more you crash after the initial honey moon at around the 6-7 month mark. I would be VERY interested to see what he would do after the initial great times wore off.

Amazoniac

the interesting thing about the low vitamin A diet, is it seems the more extreme your previous exposure to VA, the more you crash after the initial honey moon at around the 6-7 month mark. I would be VERY interested to see what he would do after the initial great times wore off.
Yeah, it didn't occur to me that adapting to a certain intake will make the body call for it. When needs aren't met, there will be revolting phase with protests during readaptation. He must use it at a faster rate, so it's possible for him to experience early signs of shortage when it's suddenly withhelded. You know the day destroys the night, night divides the day..

InChristAlone

I doubt he would ever try the VAD. He is doubling down that vitamin A is amazing see recent infographic:
78323576_2548461178522828_7027495162674675712_o.jpg

Sativa

lmao @ people opting for (potentially excessive?) high intakes of [supplemental] vit A (or D... or anything...)

Regardless who you are, if your approach is not strategic or impeccable, you will simply cause self-sabotage...
A bit like taking a 'physical Peat' approach, whilst remaining ignorant of the 'non-physical dynamics'.
Only a fool would ignore half the story!
(and then wonder naively why things aren't going to plan...)

(People are generally so polarized, they lack the lucid perception of the non-physical aspect to their existence, thus they remain naive to such things, which is basically moronic & foolish. Who would only read half of an instruction manual, and ignore the other half? That's called self-sabotage 101)

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Ugh the autoimmune call out of type 1 D is painful
Yeah that was pretty sad. As if all you needed was more vitamin A so you didn't get type 1.

J

jb116

That's what is being said at all. It's not about lack of Vit A causing so-called auto immune but about the T cell regulation by Vit A related to immune activity. I've had personal experience with using Vit A for crohn's.

InChristAlone

That's what is being said at all. It's not about lack of Vit A causing so-called auto immune but about the T cell regulation by Vit A related to immune activity. I've had personal experience with using Vit A for crohn's.
But how would someone prevent type 1 with vitamin A? I know a Peat fan who developed type 1, did he just need to eat more liver and maybe he wouldn't have gotten it? That just doesn't make any sense.

J

jb116

But how would someone prevent type 1 with vitamin A? I know a Peat fan who developed type 1, did he just need to eat more liver and maybe he wouldn't have gotten it? That just doesn't make any sense.
I'm not quite grasping why one would jump to asking that question based on that statement. It's confusing the involved effects of the given "auto immune" condition and wondering the cause versus what would be involved in fixing structural tissue thus reducing immune system activity due to cleaning debris of chronically damaged tissue. They aren't mutually the same - although it doesn't necessarily mean they are also totally not related either. That particular statement is not about Vit A preventing Diabetes 1 so asking the question doesn't follow.

InChristAlone

Also a Peat fan in the FB group claims every time she takes vitamin A she gets a herpes outbreak.. that can't be doing anything good for her immune system. I've been eating no liver, no supplemental A or D, barely any egg yolks less than the RDA for vitamin A everyday for the last year and I have no immune system problems. No viral issues. No asthma, no intestinal disorders, no allergies and best of all no autoimmune attacks as far as I know. Thank God I took it easy, had I listened to most Peat fans I could be dealing with a lot more by now. Look around the only ones doing well take it easy on the supplements (including the toxic water soluble vitamin A) and are using thyroid, they need the thyroid to speed through the excess. Coimbra protocol is proving to destroy people as well. We have another Peat fan who is giving his girlfriend 100k vitamin A and loads of D for what a doctor thought might be LEUKEMIA. Peat fans need to cool it.

InChristAlone

I'm not quite grasping why one would jump to asking that question based on that statement. It's confusing the involved effects of the given "auto immune" condition and wondering the cause versus what would be involved in fixing structural tissue thus reducing immune system activity due to cleaning debris of chronically damaged tissue. They aren't mutually the same - although it doesn't necessarily mean they are also totally not related either. That particular statement is not about Vit A preventing Diabetes 1 so asking the question doesn't follow.
I've never heard of someone fixing the cells in the pancreas and producing their own insulin again so in regards to what CM said that vitamin A helps prevent auto immune attacks like the disease type 1 diabetes I'm just wondering how that is possible. Crohn's seems way different than a pancreas that can't produce insulin anymore.

J

jb116

I've never heard of someone fixing the cells in the pancreas and producing their own insulin again so in regards to what CM said that vitamin A helps prevent auto immune attacks like the disease type 1 diabetes I'm just wondering how that is possible. Crohn's seems way different than a pancreas that can't produce insulin anymore.
For "autoimmunity" it makes no difference the disease, be it crohns or diabetes 1, Tregs as part of the immune system regulate how "aggressive" the immune system cleans up so to speak the debris. Vit A, in the right amounts happens to have a strong influence on Tregs helping to regulate the immune system appropriately. For me it was this knowledge several years ago that helped me to attain gut repair, amongst several other things for overall control and overcoming my situation. Immune responses are not about specific diseases, that is essentially a medical distinction. This is why Peat's over arching idea on metabolism resonated with me from the get go. It's about a total system coherence. Nutrients, hormones, vitamins and minerals all play their role.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals