Chris Masterjohn Seems To Be Falling Apart

Dave Clark

By the way, I was suspecting for a while now that fungal infections affect poison/"vitamin" A metabolism by leading to (arguable) inappropriate induction of the similar enzymes, wasting other nutrients such as magnesium, molybdenum, etc, and possibly inflamming the intestine (or the region in question), which is a priming site for handling it.
- Acetaldehyde As A Cause For Chronic Migraines In Candida Patients

- Manganese Promotes Bacterial Growth, Zinc Cures
- Temporary Strict Iron Avoidance And Its Potential Advantages

Raj mentioned in an interview some exceptional cases getting slightly drunk from sugar (awbuzze?) when dealing with infections of this sort. It's a challenge to have an alcoholic factory at meal times.
If Chris ate meat he wouldn't have zinc issues. I did not know he was vegan. I see now by reading the Garrett article that he used to be vegan. I doubt then that zinc is a problem for him if he eat organ meats, etc.

GreekDemiGod

@Tarmander Used to eat canned cod liver (+oil) back in my Carnivore days, F. Tufano bought me into it. One can had 800 calories in it. I was convinced it was giving me magic powers.

Dave Clark

Wow. That seems a bit uncalled for. It’s sad that he is going through this and the last thing he needs is an armchair public diagnosis and critique of his lifestyle.
Its the ol' Hammer swinging at all the Nails again. That's one reason I ignore those hammer/nail guys like Smith.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

@Tarmander Used to eat canned cod liver (+oil) back in my Carnivore days, F. Tufano bought me into it. One can had 800 calories in it. I was convinced it was giving me magic powers.
yup. People probably wouldn't take all the fish oil they are if it did not at least make them feel good at first.

By the way, I was suspecting for a while now that fungal infections affect poison/"vitamin" A metabolism by leading to (arguable) inappropriate induction of the similar enzymes, wasting other nutrients such as magnesium, molybdenum, etc, and possibly inflamming the intestine (or the region in question), which is a priming site for handling it.

Raj mentioned in an interview some exceptional cases getting slightly drunk from sugar (awbuzze?) when dealing with infections of this sort. It's a challenge to have an alcoholic factory at meal times.

Thank you for linking the Acetaldehyde-Candida thread. One reason I had to stop drinking beer with my buddies is because the next day migraine and vomiting became so severe I thought I would require hospitalization.

Wishing Masterjohn a quick and full recovery.

Max23

This is so sad to hear. If a person with his knowledge, abilities and opportunities can´t find the cause of his problems, then there is even less hope for the rest of the sick people. My feeling is that everybody either is already ill or will become ill. I hope he digs deep and solves his puzzle.

J

jb116

Keep in mind he had toxic mold exposure for almost a full year oh, and he was on antifungal medication.

Amazoniac

I think that my enemy didn't choose the best title, it's suggestive and can be misleading.
Mito said:
First, for clarity, a few points about my health. The problems I am currently suffering from are, on a scale of 0-10, at about 0.5-1. The main problems are twitching, paresthesia, and a gait abnormality that started almost two years ago when I took terbinafine for a fungal infection. The night I started terbinafine, the twitching was at a 7-8 out of 10. After several days of experimenting with electrolytes, I got it down to a 1-2 out of 10. After developing strategies around acid-base balance, I got it down to a 0.5 out of 10, where it gave way to a subtle paresthesia in my cheeks, which very slowly has lessened in intensity and frequency to the point where it is now subtle and infrequent. The gait abnormality got progressively worse while on terbinafine, slowly reaching a 3 out of 10, and went away when I got off it. It recurred twice in the last year, and in both cases I suspected that B vitamin deficiencies were at the root of it, and I made it almost completely disappear within days by altering my B vitamin intake.

Last edited:
OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

This is so sad to hear. If a person with his knowledge, abilities and opportunities can´t find the cause of his problems, then there is even less hope for the rest of the sick people. My feeling is that everybody either is already ill or will become ill. I hope he digs deep and solves his puzzle.
yeah...maybe he is overthinking it though and not listening to his body, who knows. I definitely don't feel less hope from his story...if anything I feel like the more extreme things he has tried with all the organ meats and WP were not smart.

Herbie

The health guru industry (snake oil salesmen sacred arena) has come to new lows when one gets a health issue the others make videos to diagnose their health issues, defame them and their health and undermine their business in a sly way. Even when one dies they are quick to use them as an example to join their cult with no respect for the deceased.

Can it get any lower? It’s s a real guru eat guru world out there.

Health gurus are the true hero’s, they mess themselves up, figure out why and then we pay for our saviors lessons.

Its not like there is a shortage of vulnerable sick people out there.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The health guru industry (snake oil salesmen sacred arena) has come to new lows when one gets a health issue the others make videos to diagnose their health issues, defame them and their health and undermine their business in a sly way. Even when one dies they are quick to use them as an example to join their cult with no respect for the deceased.

Can it get any lower? It’s s a real guru eat guru world out there.

Health gurus are the true hero’s, they mess themselves up, figure out why and then we pay for our saviors lessons.

Its not like there is a shortage of vulnerable sick people out there.
It makes you wonder if some of it is scripted to get more business (from both sides). I believe he is sick though.

Wow. That seems a bit uncalled for. It’s sad that he is going through this and the last thing he needs is an armchair public diagnosis and critique of his lifestyle.
+1

dfspcc20

Is he an advocate for PUFAs? Could that explain his low cholesterol? And how would he make enough vitamin D as well as hormones?

I don't think he goes as far as Peat in saying PUFA are outright toxic. From what I remember, he's more of the opinion that some n-3 fats are needed by the body, but the amount needed is so low that it should be easy to obtain plenty with a normal diet (i.e. the amount in 1-2 egg yolks).

I don't think he writes for Wise Traditions anymore, nor speak at the conference, so I'm not sure how much he is still in the WAPF bandwagon. He is probably one of the most knowledgeable people regarding Price's work, though. He didn't seem to be a fan of FCLO as of 2015, but admits to using CLO in the past.

Weighing in on the Fermented Cod Liver Oil (FCLO) Controversy | Chris Masterjohn, PhD

InChristAlone

We can't know for certain what is causing his issues. But I'm seeing some denial in his defensive post to Dr Smith. First he fails to mention that he was using high dose supplemental A to control allergies, he may not be using it right now but he definitely was. Then he tries to say moderate alcohol consumption is associated with good outcomes, well who cares if some people live long and drink? And who knows what health problems they suffered with throughout their life due to the alcohol! You cannot ignore that alcohol consumption reduces important nutrients by citing a study saying it's okay to drink. Also why does he feel the need to combat Smith? Chris is making his health issues very public that doesn't mean Smith should analyze the F out of him publicly but he has the freedom to use his platform to express himself. I get the desire to want to connect everything he is researching, I tend to do it myself. I just don't publicly say what I'm thinking. But God knows I analyze the F out of people's health problems. It actually kinda sucks because you think you might know the cause and you can't stop thinking about it. I lost a good friend because I analyzed her friend's cancer.... ugh ugh!!! Learned to keep my mouth shut to friends about health!!

I feel bad Chris has had health issues despite his knowledge, sometimes knowledge doesn't give us any healing power. Sometimes it can override what our body is telling us when we analyze and think too much. Science minded people can get too analytical and less intuitive. Sometimes life doesn't behave scientifically. How can you explain why someone comes back from the dead for instance? Or miraculous healings? Or why someone who takes care of themselves really well gets cancer? Chris would say its all genetic, but there is more to life than genes, or diet, or exercise.

Either way... cautionary principle.... something that can cause toxicity we need to be cautious with. That includes vitamin A, alcohol, toxic metals, mold, pharmaceuticals, etc.
*ETA Caffeine too..

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
We can't know for certain what is causing his issues. But I'm seeing some denial in his defensive post to Dr Smith. First he fails to mention that he was using high dose supplemental A to control allergies, he may not be using it right now but he definitely was. Then he tries to say moderate alcohol consumption is associated with good outcomes, well who cares if some people live long and drink? And who knows what health problems they suffered with throughout their life due to the alcohol! You cannot ignore that alcohol consumption reduces important nutrients by citing a study saying it's okay to drink. Also why does he feel the need to combat Smith? Chris is making his health issues very public that doesn't mean Smith should analyze the F out of him publicly but he has the freedom to use his platform to express himself. I get the desire to want to connect everything he is researching, I tend to do it myself. I just don't publicly say what I'm thinking. But God knows I analyze the F out of people's health problems. It actually kinda sucks because you think you might know the cause and you can't stop thinking about it. I lost a good friend because I analyzed her friend's cancer.... ugh ugh!!! Learned to keep my mouth shut to friends about health!!

I feel bad Chris has had health issues despite his knowledge, sometimes knowledge doesn't give us any healing power. Sometimes it can override what our body is telling us when we analyze and think too much. Science minded people can get too analytical and less intuitive. Sometimes life doesn't behave scientifically. How can you explain why someone comes back from the dead for instance? Or miraculous healings? Or why someone who takes care of themselves really well gets cancer? Chris would say its all genetic, but there is more to life than genes, or diet, or exercise.

Either way... cautionary principle.... something that can cause toxicity we need to be cautious with. That includes vitamin A, alcohol, toxic metals, mold, pharmaceuticals, etc.
*ETA Caffeine too..
Good points. I suppose when you put yourself out there on the internet you open yourself up to this sort of thing. I agree a person should be able to say what they want on their own site but at the same time it still somewhat crosses the line of professionalism and human decency imo.

InChristAlone

Good points. I suppose when you put yourself out there on the internet you open yourself up to this sort of thing. I agree a person should be able to say what they want on their own site but at the same time it still somewhat crosses the line of professionalism and human decency imo.
Yeah he crossed a professional boundary for sure.

yerrag

I think Chris is confident enough of himself to put himself out there and that's mighty admirable of him. There's this thing common in people, and often I'm guilty of it, where we just want to listen to the perfect examplar of health as our guide, as opposed to someone who's going through an unresolved war within himself or herself. But the person who's been through a lot, and has been learning a lot and sharing it, has a lot more to learn from. And it's often the case that the golden boy, or girl, is simply hiding his mistakes, not wanting to destroy the myth of his infallibility, and is actually just so wrong it pains to see his legions of followers suffering as a result.

I've come to disdain such experts and I'm also not a big fan of people who have an expert worship mentality. I like that people learn from other's challenges and trials, as there's much to learn from them. As a professor once told me, it's not the answer that's important, it's how you arrive at the solution to the problem.

postman

Raj? Do you mean Raj Peatel?

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

*ETA Caffeine too..
Great post. I also thought Chris's rebuttal was a bit weak, but he brought up some interesting points and I did not know how to articulate it. I think Chris is very sick. Pictures of him on his FB page that are not touched up do not look good. Face too long, too much gums to teeth ratio in his mouth...something is definitely up. I hope something changes for him.

I think that was his intention. Those who disagree still dislike him, those who agree nod along, and those who don't know are drawn by the drama

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals