Chris Kresser Talks Absolute Nonsense

Dave Clark

Take a better look around this forum Nicole, there is nothing but members complaining of sickness. Honestly, when I first came to this forum I wondered how the Peat way could be so good since the majority of members complain about health problems. And, what is worse, in my opinion, than the largest thread on this forum being an Anti-Peat thread, so I think anyone hear is entitled to be enthusiastic about what ever they feel works for them.

jaminhealth

Take a better look around this forum Nicole, there is nothing but members complaining of sickness. Honestly, when I first came to this forum I wondered how the Peat way could be so good since the majority of members complain about health problems. And, what is worse, in my opinion, than the largest thread on this forum being an Anti-Peat thread, so I think anyone hear is entitled to be enthusiastic about what ever they feel works for them.

Dave Clark, it's like that on the other forum that SOME forever knock my methods, most take a lot of pharma drugs and have to say something to justify their drug use.

I've been my own doctor for many decades and if I could take back the hip surgery, I probably would...it really left me with a mess.

Nicole W.

I think they came here originally with the health problems due to following deleterious diet trends or to stress of some sort. I don’t think healthy people flock to forums like this because they don’t have serious problems to solve. That is why everyone is sick here or generally not feeling wel.

jaminhealth

I think they came here originally with the health problems due to following deleterious diet trends or to stress of some sort. I don’t think healthy people flock to forums like this because they don’t have serious problems to solve. That is why everyone is sick here or generally not feeling wel.

How many are truly 100% healthy? People start to get issues once they are born and many are born with health issues and defects. I love to share my successes and started health forums in 2005 with a dsyfunctional thryoid and learned so so much, so I like to help others

YamnayaMommy

are you in the grape seed extract business?
Honestly I don’t know why the moderators don’t ban this jaminhealth account. It’s obviously a contractor for some Swanson marketing agency. How many dupes have already bought some GSE supplement because of the miraculous benefits according to this granny with no health problems and clear skin etc.

yerrag

How many are truly 100% healthy? People start to get issues once they are born and many are born with health issues and defects. I love to share my successes and started health forums in 2005 with a dsyfunctional thryoid and learned so so much, so I like to help others
I must have missed your posts on GSE. What is in it? What alkaloids, or terpenoids, or coumarins, or other substances are in there that you think is helpful to your condition?

OP
T

thomas00

I can say I am healthy because I am NOT sick, OA is a condition .

No offence intended given that OA is hell but calling it a condition is the sort of slippery language doctors and drug companies use when they can't offer any cures and don't want to appear inept. Patients are lead astray.

Sure OA doesn't kill people but as Ray and some others here have shown it's clearly a result of health gone haywire.

OP
T

thomas00

How many people actually implement the kind of approaches Ray talks about though?

It seems like in the earlier posts here people knew what Ray was about, thyroid was a priority etc. Now it seems there a lot of people who's first contact with Ray is this forum and not his own site or interviews.

tara

are you in the grape seed extract business?
Seriously.... a great question!
+1
Thanks for drawing attention to it.
I've seen no personal attacks against j.., a ramping up of her promotions, and attacks on questioners.
If she weren't a paid marketer, I'd wonder why she would escalate like that.

Tenacity

How many people actually implement the kind of approaches Ray talks about though?

It seems like in the earlier posts here people knew what Ray was about, thyroid was a priority etc. Now it seems there a lot of people who's first contact with Ray is this forum and not his own site or interviews.

I sometimes read the old threads from a few years ago and there is a stark difference about the way people approached this forum. The old Haidut threads where everybody is trying to work out some mechanism together are my favourite, because there's real learning going on. I think you're completely right that a big portion of people on the Peatosphere now don't even engage with his work. It's probably a consequence of him gaining more popularity.

tara

... don't even engage with his work ...
I do think it's a concern when people talk about 'peating' etc without having read or heard anything from the man.
Some people seem to be under the mistaken impression that posters here all represent Peat's views, and expect that following whichever bit of advice from the forum means they are following Peat's advice.

Nicole W.

I do think it's a concern when people talk about 'peating' etc without having read or heard anything from the man.
Some people seem to be under the mistaken impression that posters here all represent Peat's views, and expect that following whichever bit of advice from the forum means they are following Peat's advice.
I agree
YES, this. I think forum members who are genuinely familiar with Ray’s ideas have a moral obligation to call out theories or comments attributed to Ray Peat but diverge dramatically from his ACTUAL views or beliefs. The forum will continue suffer if we continue to allow misinformed posters to go unchallenged.

tara

YES, this. I think forum members who are genuinely familiar with Ray’s ideas have a moral obligation to call out theories or comments attributed to Ray Peat but diverge dramatically from his ACTUAL views or beliefs. The forum will continue suffer if we continue to allow misinformed posters to go unchallenged.
I have become less vigilant in recent years - and sometimes forget that many posters will not have read older posts that make some of these things clear.
I know I do and say things that are not specifically Peat's advice, but I try to be careful not to attribute any those to him.

Last edited:

jaminhealth

I agree

This forum seems to be pretty active and busy and I don't see any suffering as is stated above. I've already read some advice I didn't know and I've been working with alternative health for going on 30 yrs. But I certainly don't agree with everything Ray Peat offers.

Aaron

This forum seems to be pretty active and busy and I don't see any suffering as is stated above. I've already read some advice I didn't know and I've been working with alternative health for going on 30 yrs. But I certainly don't agree with everything Ray Peat offers.

No, this forum has been garbage for a while now. What initially drew me here were members who seemed highly educated engaging in legitimate scientific discourse, delving much deeper into the literature than almost anyone I've ever seen. There were essentially a half dozen Haiduts exchanging ideas at any given time. Now I'm seeing more and more posters spewing non-information about refined supplements cherry-picked as being good. At least 2018's theme of members rubbing vitamins on their ballsacks was somewhat interesting.

postman

for example:

4 Natural Alternatives to Aspirin

he is the embodiment of the establishment anti-establishment.
Some people would say the same about Ray Peat, a guy who recommends coca-cola, asprin, and a dozen other pharmaceuticals. But it's more complicated than that, that's a very superficial position to take, as is what you're doing with regards to Kresser. I don't know why you're so triggered about someone not liking aspirin, not everyone has the same experience with it, and there are plenty of papers showing potential harmful sideeffects.

But no, he criticized the dogma, let's make a hate thread! Kresser works for the establishment. An old lady with her grape seed pills works for the grape seed industry, and if anyone doesn't get healthy by following Rays advice it's because they didn't do it well enough, while at the same time of course there isn't a ray peat protocol. Schrödingers diet.

OP
T

thomas00

His views on aspirin aren't a challenge to dogma though. They are bogus establishment positions that have been mostly debunked by Ray and others.

His entire approach basically revolves around the naturalistic fallacy and the huge market he can appeal to with it.

Black and white thinking about pharmaceuticals and health don't do anything but help line the pockets of trash supplement manufacturers.

Dave Clark

Many people here jump on the 'oxidants are good, antioxidants are bad' bandwagon. When both are needed. These same people that condemn anti-oxidants will eat 'healthy' food, which of course is loaded with... you guessed it, anti-oxidants. You have to be short sighted to think anti-oxidants only come in supplement form. I always take notice the hospitals aren't lined up with people who take anti-oxidants and other valuable nutrients. The people on the forum that think oxidants are so good and antioxidants are so bad should just eat white flour, sugar, and maybe cardboard, so they don't become hypocrites. Because I promise you without antioxidants you would be sick and dead in short order. But, there are people on this forum that like to cheerlead for oxidants (a lot of ozone people are starting this nonsense). This is one example of how something Ray talks about gets twisted out of whack, and another example of black and white thinking. Of course, this is just my observation of a few, it doesn't represent everybody.

Nicole W.

No, this forum has been garbage for a while now. What initially drew me here were members who seemed highly educated engaging in legitimate scientific discourse, delving much deeper into the literature than almost anyone I've ever seen. There were essentially a half dozen Haiduts exchanging ideas at any given time. Now I'm seeing more and more posters spewing non-information about refined supplements cherry-picked as being good. At least 2018's theme of members rubbing vitamins on their ballsacks was somewhat interesting.
What can we do about it though? How can members help this forum return to its roots?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals