Chondroitin Sulfate - Good For Heart Disease?

TreasureVibe

RESPONSE OF ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE TO CHONDROITIN SULFATE‐A

The Man Who Cured Heart Disease With a Natural Molecule, 20 Years Before Cholesterol Drugs!

CSA, Chondroitin Sulfate A and Friends

Heart Health & Chondroitin Sulfate

The Man Who Cured Heart Disease Naturally - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Is Heart Disease from a Sulfur Deficiency? - Investigators Report

To cite that last article:

When it comes to the toxicity of glyphosate, Stephanie Seneff PhD is the authority. She views coronary artery disease as a deficiency in cholesterol sulfate. And what inhibits the formation of cholesterol sulfate? That’s right, glyphosate (14). Not only does glyphosate destroy gut bacteria, but it inhibits the trans-sulfuration pathway. Read more from Dr. Seneff about the devastation caused from glyphosate.

Thoughts? And how does this fit in with Ray Peat's ideas?

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Nice post. Thinking though that taking chondroitin sulphate for sulphate sufficiency, vis a vis Dr. Seneff's theory regarding glyphosate, where would one find chondroitin sulphate extracted from organically fed bovine? Commercially fed cows are full of glyphosate that gets into their meat and connective tissue (think gelatin and gelatin caps). So, unless the 'purified' chondroitin has no glyphosate, you would need to source from organic raw material. Any thoughts?

Dave Clark

Years ago my doctor told me not to bother with glucosomine/chondroitin for my degenerated discs and arthritis in my back, he said they don't work on that bone structure. True, the circulation to that area is not as good, but this post caused me to search more about chondroitin, and I found a few studies that showed improvement in spinal discs. Shouldn't listened to my doctor. It seems the anti-inflammatory effects of chondroitin are still being discovered in different systems of the body, intestines, arteries, discs, organs, etc. I have a feeling we will hear more good news about this compound in the upcoming years. It may get talked abouit just as much as collagen.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

According to this source, chondroitin sulfate A is good for the following according to research:

1. A lipid-clearing effect in the blood.
  2. Stimulation of cellular metabolism.
  3. Increased fatty acid cellular turnover (more rapid and efficient metabolism of fatty acids.)
  4. Increase in RNA and DNA synthesis of cells.
  5. Increase in growth, size and quantity of normal cells.
  6. Anti-atherosclerosis, anti-atherogenic activities.
  7. Anti-inflammatory effect.
  8. Anti-thrombogenic and anti-coagulant activity.
  9. Increases the number of coronary artery branches and collateral circulation in experimental atherosclerosis.
  10. Accelerates healing, regeneration and repair of myocardial necrosis (tissue death) and progressive degeneration (of cardiovascular tissue in heart disease).16

This source also compliments Dr. Peat's stance on fish oil, I cite:

"In tests on aged atherosclerotic subjects, mortality, serum cholesterol, blood clot formation time and the weight of clots were all reduced when chondroitin sulfates were given.12 Briefly then, chondroitin sulfates may very well provide protection against cardiovascular disease in the same manner as eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) without providing that fatty acid which can oxidize quickly, forming dangerous free radicals in the absence of sufficient amounts of antioxidants. In addition, CSA goes a step further in helping return elasticity to damaged cardiovascular tissue in which it is found as an important component of the intimal walls of vessels."

Nice post. Thinking though that taking chondroitin sulphate for sulphate sufficiency, vis a vis Dr. Seneff's theory regarding glyphosate, where would one find chondroitin sulphate extracted from organically fed bovine? Commercially fed cows are full of glyphosate that gets into their meat and connective tissue (think gelatin and gelatin caps). So, unless the 'purified' chondroitin has no glyphosate, you would need to source from organic raw material. Any thoughts?
Good point but I think purified chondroitin sulfate is available on the market. I have a product that is made from this company, which maintains a high quality grade:

CS b-Bioactive® | Bioibérica S.A.U.

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Thanks for the additional info on chondroitin. I have been asking several companies for a COA of their chondroitin, some have not got back to me, others sent lab analysis that did not give the information I wanted, i.e. metals, pesticides, glyphosate, etc. Either they just don't have them, or they don't want to disclose the info. One company that produces collagen sent me a COA that showed a generalized test for metals that was not greater than 20 ppm. Well, that doesn't necessarily sound 'good', plus it doesn't say 'which' metals. I didn't get an answer back from Biotics Research that produces a purified chondroitin sulphate, I will pass the info on if they do give me something. I also want to contact American Biologics about their product. The CS-b-Bioactive looks good, but I want to see their COA as well, plus it seems like Cosamins is the only product I will be able to find that have theirs in it. If the purification takes out 'all' contaminants that will be great, if not, searching for a company that sources their raw material from organically raised animals will be in order. It's getting tough to find food, nutrients, etc. that do not have some sort of toxins, etc., but it behooves us all to search.

Dave Clark

I finally just settled on American Biologics Purified Chondroitin Sulfate, they seem to have the best value. Got mine from Pure Formulas. Hoping it does some good things for me. With all the things that we do for ourselves, sometimes it is hard to know what is giving any good effects that we may experience. One other thing, unrelated, that I think affects many people, especially people over 50, is low stomach acid. I seen a chart that shows that when we are young we put out about 180 mg/hr of HCL, but by the time we are 50 it drops to about 60 mg/hr. This diminished stomach acid means proteins do not get digested properly, or absorbed, as well as important minerals, and who knows maybe chondroitin, too. One easy home test is to take a betaine HCL/pepsin cap with a meal, if your gut doesn't burn, you have low stomach acid. You keep adding caps to your protein-rich meal until you feel the burn, then back off one cap, and that is generally your dose to normalize stomach acid, of course, meals with less or no protein will require less or no caps. Dr. Jonathan Wright wrote a book on it: ' Why we need stomach acid'.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Just would like to note this for the reader of this thread, chondroitin sulfate and GAGs are implicated in cancer metastasis and cancer growth in studies. Unknown if these studies reflect real life scenarios because most if not all were performed on animals.

Dave Clark

Just would like to note this for the reader of this thread, chondroitin sulfate and GAGs are implicated in cancer metastasis and cancer growth in studies. Unknown if these studies reflect real life scenarios because most if not all were performed on animals.
Thanks for posting. I don't get too excited about cancer studies done on nutrients, everything from vitamin E to beta carotene to folic acid has some type of study saying it is cancer causing. A lot of planets have to be aligned, so to speak, for that to happen, plus what type of study, in vivo, in vitro, etc. In the right conditions something could be cancer causing, and then again in different conditions it may even be health promoting. Just like some nutrients can accelerate cancer with someone who has cancer, but yet be cancer protective in a healthy person. Something to be aware of though.

johnwester130

RESPONSE OF ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE TO CHONDROITIN SULFATE‐A

The Man Who Cured Heart Disease With a Natural Molecule, 20 Years Before Cholesterol Drugs!

Heart Health & Chondroitin Sulfate

The Man Who Cured Heart Disease Naturally - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Is Heart Disease from a Sulfur Deficiency? - Investigators Report

To cite that last article:

When it comes to the toxicity of glyphosate, Stephanie Seneff PhD is the authority. She views coronary artery disease as a deficiency in cholesterol sulfate. And what inhibits the formation of cholesterol sulfate? That’s right, glyphosate (14). Not only does glyphosate destroy gut bacteria, but it inhibits the trans-sulfuration pathway. Read more from Dr. Seneff about the devastation caused from glyphosate.

Thoughts? And how does this fit in with Ray Peat's ideas?

this looks much better than vitamin c/lysine/.taurine for heart failure