Choline Lowers Homocysteine Levels, But Only In Folate/B12 Deficient People

lvysaur

fradon

Are dietary choline and betaine intakes determinants of total homocysteine concentration? - PubMed - NCBI

More specifically, choline + betaine. It lowered homocysteine both in the fasted state and after a methionine meal.

So if eggs (choline) seem to do you good, it might be worth eating leafy greens (folate). If coffee (homocysteine) causes problems, this might fix it.

I would say the same for B12, but I think most Peaters are sufficient in B12.

only issue is for some undermethylators folate and b12 can lower methylation for me it just wipes out my energy.

ddjd

only issue is for some undermethylators folate and b12 can lower methylation for me it just wipes out my energy.
not if you take the methyl versions methylb12 and methylfolate. that would only increase methylation.

magnesiumania

not if you take the methyl versions methylb12 and methylfolate. that would only increase methylation.
Of what??? Its so confusing when people just say methylating when you can overmethylate, say dopamin while you undermethylate something else at the same time? I understand those b vitamins provide methyl but where does it go?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals