Choline: An Essential Nutrient for Public Health that we’re not getting enough of in our diet

P

Peatness

I tried eggs again yesterday and this time I didn’t get the same mood alteration. I think the mood issue was being caused by thiamega which I have now stopped. I have also suspended adding meat back into my diet because of increased joint pain. I will wait for things to settle and try again. Thanks to the eggs (3 yolks) and some cheese I was able to recall my dream which I’ve written about here.

InChristAlone

I tried eggs again yesterday and this time I didn’t get the same mood alteration. I think the mood issue was being caused by thiamega which I have now stopped. I have also suspended adding meat back into my diet because of increased joint pain. I will wait for things to settle and try again. Thanks to the eggs (3 yolks) and some cheese I was able to recall my dream which I’ve written about here.
Thanks for sharing, yeah cholinergic foods will help with dream recall as does vitamin B6. Seems like many ppl aren't having miraculous cures with the thiamine.

P

Peatness

Thanks for sharing, yeah cholinergic foods will help with dream recall as does vitamin B6. Seems like many ppl aren't having miraculous cures with the thiamine.
It's possible thiamega tanked my blood sugar. I won't be having eggs everyday but I will keep them in my diet. It's nice to dream.

cedric

" The Antiinflammatory Use of Galantamine and Choline
Foiling Cytokine Storms with Cholinergics
The α7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor plays a substantial role in
mediating the inflammatory effects of proinflammatory cytokines.
By Will Block"

Grapelander

It's possible thiamega tanked my blood sugar. I won't be having eggs everyday but I will keep them in my diet. It's nice to dream.
Dump out the contents of a capsule and mix with 2 or 3 times that amount of sugar. Then try a small amount at a time with milk or juice.
That supplement looks like medical grade. I think I would get sick.

b1.JPG

I have my B-vitamin powders at home pre-mixed with sugar. I take about 25mg of that mix a few times a day.

P

Peatness

Dump out the contents of a capsule and mix with 2 or 3 times that amount of sugar. Then try a small amount at a time with milk or juice.
That supplement looks like medical grade. I think I would get sick.

View attachment 40504

I have my B-vitamin powders at home pre-mixed with sugar. I take about 25mg of that mix a few times a day.
Thanks. It is a bit heavy duty. I'm stopping it completely for now but if I resume I will consider spliting the dose.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sorry you had a bad experience. :(

P

Peatness

Sorry you had a bad experience. :(
Thanks blossom. No harm done. it seems I need to learn (the hard way) not to push my body too hard. It's possible that I may be replete in thiamine. I've been supplementing it continuously since my injury in 2020.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks blossom. No harm done. it seems I need to learn (the hard way) not to push my body too hard. It's possible that I may be replete in thiamine. I've been supplementing it continuously since my injury in 2020.
We are definitely all different. I’m on 800 mg/day and think I could actually use a bit more. I’m considering injections at this point. Some good news is that I got my weekly egg supply today!

LLight

In three clinical trials, when missing mucus PC in UC was supplemented by an oral, delayed release PC preparation, the inflammation improved and even resolved after a 3-month treatment course. The data indicate the essential role of the mucus PC content for protection against inflammation in colon.

Choline supplementation influences ovarian follicular development (not in humans).
Our study demonstrated choline’s influence on ovarian function in vivo, and offered insights into the mechanisms behind its positive effect on ovarian development phenotype.

LLight

Brain choline uptake was inhibited in the presence of Cd2+ (73±2%) and Mn2+ (44±6%), whereas no inhibition was observed with Cu2+ and Al3+. Furthermore, it was found that manganese caused a reduction in brain choline uptake and significant regional choline uptake inhibition in the frontal and parietal cortex, the hippocampus and the caudate putamen (45±3%, 68±18%, 58±9% and 46±15%, respectively). These results suggest that choline uptake into the CNS can be inhibited by divalent cationic metals and monovalent cations. In addition, the choline transporter may be a means by which manganese enters the brain.

YourUniverse

OP
David PS

David PS

moa

Thanks, I have some TMG but haven't used it much for fears of disrupting sleep. I'll retry.

Thanks pettiness, I've seen those threads but never been brave enough to use what appear to be supraphysiological doses for fear of blood sugar issue. Low dose b3 doesn't seen to do much for me

Thanks, I've had 3 or 4 eggs for the last couple of days but for some reason they cause me digestive issues? Indigestion, bloating gurgling, any ideas?
Molybdenum low maybe, causing sulfate intolerance.

Spartan300

@moa thanks, always grateful for suggestions, still trying to work things out..

What would be good corrective action for low molybdenum?

moa

@moa thanks, always grateful for suggestions, still trying to work things out..

What would be good corrective action for low molybdenum?
I had the same problem for years with eggs.

Eating eggs caused colon cramps, first i taught i was egg intolerant because it showed on intolerance blood tests. After a few years i realized it did not happened every time, so I started to think that from time to time batches of eggs were contaminated by bad bacteria.

I usually had many gut cramps similar to IBS type constipation but without any real constipation thanks to my diet.

But the huge crisis were only caused by eggs, sometimes liver but not the same (i think liver was indeed i infected by bad bacteria).

I liked my guy symptoms and other symptoms of low acetylcholine like chocolate cravings (source of choline). so I've undertook high dose of zinc, manganese, molybdenum, 6 eggs a day plus some choline supps, and some vitamin B5.

This was in June and since i stopped all but eggs. I never had another problem digesting this huge amount of eggs since.

All my symptoms went away, like dry eyes, sinus problems almost gone, calf muscle cramps and weak muscles, gut cramps, fast heartbeat with anxiety and skipped heartbeats, no dreams never, all caused by low vagus nerve activity.

But the fact is i started to take molybdenum supplemets a few months before that, and i felt like i was able to feel better on sulfur rich foods. I'm not really sure how much molybdenum helped, but i do have some generic that will cause much more more activity on the B6 pathways to clear homocysteine to sulfate while at the same time i have impaired B12 gene and impaired mthfr , so this with overmethymation symptoms caused by low zinc and low choline intake (increased need to methylate more and create new choline), with history of long term liver consumption.

So I think this push on the B6 transulfur idation path will deplete molybdenum.

Regarding food sources, best source in theory is milk i think, i did felt over the years like feeling better on eggs when consuming more milk.

All other molybdenum sources excepting milk are also the most sulfur rich foods out there, so you won't be able to easily fix molybdenum deficiency with other food than milk and dairy.

Supplements provide much higher doses than milk.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals