Cholesterol Sulfate Deficiency As A New Model For Heart Disease By Dr. Stephanie Seneff

Tarmander

I have been reading quite a bit of Dr. Stephanie Seneff recently who has had a few mentions here and there on this forum but no real official thread.

Here is a summation of her model for Heart Disease:
  • Impaired sulfate supply to the heart is a key factor in cardiovascular disease.
  • Red blood cells, platelets and cells in the skin synthesize cholesterol sulfate catalyzed by sunlight.
  • Cholesterol sulfate, unlike cholesterol, is water soluble, so it can travel freely in the blood rather than packaged up inside an LDL particle.
  • Glyphosate, the active ingredient in the pervasive herbicide Roundup, disrupts sulfate synthesis in the skin and disrupts bile flow from the liver, leading to a systemic deficiency in cholesterol sulfate.
  • Sulfate provides negative charge in the blood vessel wall and for the red blood cells and platelets, promoting flow.
  • Sulfate also maintains the structured water that lines the vessel walls and presents a slick, frictionless surface to the red blood cells.
  • The atheroma actively recruits cholesterol to be ready to produce cholesterol sulfate when sulfate becomes available.
  • Inflammation, while damaging to surrounding tissues, performs a useful service by promoting an oxidative environment necessary to make sulfate.
  • A heart attack is a well-choreographed sequence of events aimed to restore sulfate supplies by oxidizing taurine, which is stored in large amounts in the heart.
  • Statin drugs, by reducing the supply of cholesterol sulfate to the heart, will lead to heart failure down the road, a worse prognosis than cardiovascular disease.
https://www.westonaprice.org/health...ol-sulfate-deficiency-coronary-heart-disease/

•You can read her talks/lectures/articles/interviews at her site here:
Stephanie Seneff's Home Page

•An interesting account of a man who cured a lot of heart disease using Chondroitin Sulfate which would fit well into this model:
The Man Who Cured Heart Disease With a Natural Molecule, 20 Years Before Cholesterol Drugs!
and
Heart Health & Chondroitin Sulfate

•A very detailed account of the nitty gritty on her theory which includes structured water, eNOS, and how the bacteria in your arteries are actually trying to help:
A novel hypothesis for atherosclerosis as a cholesterol sulfate deficiency syndrome

•I think the most interesting facet of all this is framing these symptoms of heart disease in a positive way where the body is trying its best to fix a deficiency. The bacteria in plaque as a source of sulfur, the plaque itself as a cholesterol source, heart attack to liberate taurine from the heart muscle, inflammation to create the environment where sulfur can be oxidized, etc etc. A theory that can explain it all. Very interesting reading.

yerrag

Yes, a positive way of looking at it, definitely! It's an adaptation by the body to deal with a bad situation - conditions leading to plaque forming. Plaque is a protective measure.

With plaque narrowing the river of blood flow, it would cause blood pressure to rise to maintain the flow rate so enough nutrients are supplied to tissues and enough waste is taken away. High blood pressure is another adaptation that is good. Yet the association is portrayed as bad.

My understanding is that nitric oxide is needed to produce cholesterol sulfate. Is it possible that because because of the need to produce cholesterol sulfate, nitric oxide needed for vasodilation is used up for cholesterol sulfate (CS) production? If so, higher blood pressure results from this. Yet, knowing that CS helps improve flow, it may be that people like me still do well, but not in the optimal sense (lower metabolism leading to poor hair growth and poor virility) despite having high hypertension.

Would be interesting to find out if supplementation, ie chondroitin sulfate etc., would dispense with the need for the body to produce CS, thus freeing up nitric oxide for vasodilation, in turn helping ower blood pressure. This I will have to find out by experimentation.

lampofred

RP actually mentioned somewhere that he thought atherosclerosis could be a protective reaction.

Amazoniac

The idea of poor supply of sulfate must go along with taurine. Based on tankasnowgod's work, uric acid increases as antidote C decreases (associated with poor vascular wealth). Synthesis of uric acid requires xanthine oxidase, which needs molybdenum. Another enzyme that needs it is sulfite oxidase, that produces sulfate, so it might all be connecting.

yerrag

The idea of poor supply of sulfate must go along with taurine. Based on tankasnowgod's work, uric acid increases as antidote C decreases (associated with poor vascular wealth). Synthesis of uric acid requires xanthine oxidase, which needs molybdenum. Another enzyme that needs it is sulfite oxidase, that produces sulfate, so it might all be connecting.

So, uric acid and cholesterol sulfate competes with each other for molybdenum, and uric acid production inhibits production of cholesterol sulfate? So, in order to help with production of cholesterol sulfate, vitamin C supplementation is needed as vitamin C lowers uric acid production. And to increase cholesterol sulfate production, taurine is needed as taurine supplies the sulfate? Is this what you mean?

Amazoniac

So, uric acid and cholesterol sulfate competes with each other for molybdenum, and uric acid production inhibits production of cholesterol sulfate? So, in order to help with production of cholesterol sulfate, vitamin C supplementation is needed as vitamin C lowers uric acid production. And to increase cholesterol sulfate production, taurine is needed as taurine supplies the sulfate? Is this what you mean?
If taurine synthesis is compromised, sulfate can be as well. As far as I know, the only way for taurine to become a source of sulfate is when it's metabolized by intestinal bacteria and we make use of the by-products. If this coincides with the guru being deficient in antidote C, it will be worse because there might be competition for available molybdenum.

yerrag

If taurine synthesis is compromised, sulfate can be as well. As far as I know, the only way for taurine to become a source of sulfate is when it's metabolized by intestinal bacteria and we make use of the by-products. If this coincides with the guru being deficient in antidote C, it will be worse because there might be competition for available molybdenum.
Thanks. So if I'm high in uric acid, then there is a stronger chance that I am low on cholesterol sulfate.

burtlancast

Why would anyone take seriously a single word from her ?

She's all over the internet claiming MMS detoxifies glyphosate without a shred of scientific evidence.

Amazoniac

Thanks. So if I'm high in uric acid, then there is a stronger chance that I am low on cholesterol sulfate.
burtlan has a point, she's obsessed with sulfur and has some adsurb propositions. However, in spite of her farts likely being malodorous, she refers to interesting material throughout her publications.

I don't know about cholesterol sulfate, but lack of taurine can coappear with sulfate:
- Molybdenum, Hard To Pronounce, Harder Still To Obtain

Magnesium sulfate is used in cardiac emergencies, since it provides large amounts of sulfate, its effects can't be neglected.
The therapeutic baths are known for leaving people relaxed/mellow after the wards.

It for sure is not inert:
- Physiological Roles and Regulationof Mammalian Sulfate Transporters (!)

It changes the solubility of compounds, for example to excrete as water-soluble complexes in urine.

tara

RP actually mentioned somewhere that he thought atherosclerosis could be a protective reaction.
Damaged blood vessels get patched. I think Linus Pauling's approach with Vit-C and lysine is about supporting the maintenance and repair of blood vessels, so they're less damaged, so they don't need so much patching.

LeeLemonoil

The sulfated steroids have drastically different effects than their unconjugated parent-compounds. DHEA-S / DHEA is a prominent example.
I don’t know if compromised sulfate-metabolism (if there is such a thing) or lack of the raw-material would result in impaired steroid-homeostasis since I don’t know which quantities would figure here, but it’s not impossible.

Dave Clark

Why would anyone take seriously a single word from her ?

She's all over the internet claiming MMS detoxifies glyphosate without a shred of scientific evidence.
Well, I am not sure one assertion means that everything she says is inaccurate. If I recall, there is plenty of what Peat says that you don't agree with. But, I agree, that not only her, but Peat and every other expert should back up their statements with some science or at least positive clinical observation. I have yet to see the lab studies showing coffee is a good source of magnesium, like Peat says (if someone has it, please provide, otherwise I find it hard to believe).

Dave Clark

Thanks, must of missed that post. Interesting that there is actually that much in the coffee. Like mentioned, you would have to drink many cups to get enough Mg. I know Peat likes coffee, so do I, but I think he should pick a better source to recommend to people since many people do not drink coffee. All in all, another thumbs up for coffee.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals