Chocolate Milk vs Regular?

Jinzo

Been drinking half a gallon of chocolate milk 1% lately and I seem to tolerate it much better than regular 2% or regular skim. Puzzles me as to why...

Last edited:
P

Peatness

You changed this thread's title and your question after I posted so my response is no longer relevant

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Jinzo

Jinzo

Taurine might help - it's anti-parasitic

You changed this thread's title and your question after I posted so my response is no longer relevant
Yes sorry about that. I originally posted in the wrong section so I changed it. I will take that into account for my other question though thanks

ww3not4me

Strong men and physical culturist for hundreds of years combined old non-filtered beer and milk into diet for strong man training.

In recent times Chocolate Milk was declared all the rage as a sports recovery drink. Outside of the chocolate it has corn syrup in it and is usually 1% or less milk fat.

I was born in the 1970's so I grew up with the idea that milk was fantastic for growth. A lot of the old time muscle building courses I followed where big on eating a lot of simple non-processed foods like solid meats, hard cheese, milk, bread, fruits, vegetables.

My Dad being a soldier for the first 23 years of my life the best hydration aid during hard work was water and after the end of the day milk if you could get it! You salted your food and at lots of fruit when you could get it! That was electrolytes covered.

Many a fitness program had you drink a pint of milk while working out if your stomach could handle it and up to an extra gallon a day spaced out and natural peanut butter the type that was basically just ground up peanuts with a hint of molasses and salt added. As many egg's as you could stomach!

Protein absorption is diminished with out some fat in the mix and fat soluble vitamins also are aided by some fat.

I once went on a mono-diet of just milk to see what it would do. I cheated a little bit though and added some whey protein isolate to the milk. I drank one gallon a day spaced out over eat serving total per-day. I lost like 36lbs. in a month. The only problem I had was I started to get muscle cramps.

I was not even working out as much as normal. I was putting in 12-14 hours a day selling cars at the time and my drive was 45 minutes each way in good weather 1.5 hours each way in the winter. I felt fine and was not that hungry after the first week. The fat was literally melting off of me. If not for the cramps I would have stuck with it longer.

That said I always had chocolate milk about 2 pints with 1 scope of whey protein isolate waiting for my twins after football practice in elementary school and middle school!

Usually the first 1.5 months of Summer I would lift weights like mad and drink 1.5-2 gallons of milk per day but I drank white milk whole! I would cut that in half for 1/2 a month. Then the last 2-3 weeks of Summer I would cut out all milk, bread and sugar and add in what we called "Wind Sprints" today we would call it High Intensity Interval Training. I would end up 10lbs. heavier than I was the year before and 6% to 8% bodyfat.

What got some kids in trouble is they were not active enough outside of the weight room to really justify 1-2 gallons of extra milk per day. They would not cut it back as time went buy. They would not do any cardio or anaerobic endurance work at all. So they would show up for school bloated and fat from too many calories. It would take them until the end of football season to lose all the fat they had gained. If they did not play foot ball it was even worse they would show up for wrestling conditioning looking like a milk baby. Then they were doing all kinds of unhealthy stuff to try and lose all the fat they had gained.

Do keep in mind I am not advocating people should drink milk like that year round. Outside of middle school and high school bulking in the Summer I never did. I had my one milk at lunch at school and milk in my tea and coffee.

I am sure it is not at all good to consume large amounts of milk year round especialy looking at animal husbandry and industry practices today! It would be wise for people to supplement with Vitamin D3 and K2 to make milk healthier!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals