Chocolate, Coffee And Gelatin Candy

Douglas Ek

So did a freestyle home made candy from gelatin powder. This can be done within minutes.

All you need is a 1/3 cup of brewed coffe. Mix cacao, gelatin powder, sugar, bourbon vanilla powder (think you can do without) untill U sorta get a medium brown colour then just pour in the coffe and mix with a spoon. I had stirred in a tbsp of melted coconut oil into the coffe aswell so if you want that or butter to get some sugar protein and sat fat you can defo do that easy to experiment. You will get like a brownie paste that when it cools down you can cut out cubes. Then i rolled it in cacao powder again.

See picture for results. Taste sorta like chocolate brownies and should be really healthy with gelatin, some sugar (can melt honey into the coffee mix instead), coconut oil and some antioxidant power from the coffee and cacao.

I also added some tyrosine to the gelatin powder mix since If I eat most of my protein from gelatin its hard to get tyrosine. I get everything else and 0 tryptophan but with tyrosine baked in i dont have to worry about that

Attachments

• D5BF7B7A-8292-45CB-990E-77CA6DE58505.jpeg
    D5BF7B7A-8292-45CB-990E-77CA6DE58505.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
So did a freestyle home made candy from gelatin powder. This can be done within minutes.

All you need is a 1/3 cup of brewed coffe. Mix cacao, gelatin powder, sugar, bourbon vanilla powder (think you can do without) untill U sorta get a medium brown colour then just pour in the coffe and mix with a spoon. I had stirred in a tbsp of melted coconut oil into the coffe aswell so if you want that or butter to get some sugar protein and sat fat you can defo do that easy to experiment. You will get like a brownie paste that when it cools down you can cut out cubes. Then i rolled it in cacao powder again.

See picture for results. Taste sorta like chocolate brownies and should be really healthy with gelatin, some sugar (can melt honey into the coffee mix instead), coconut oil and some antioxidant power from the coffee and cacao.

I also added some tyrosine to the gelatin powder mix since If I eat most of my protein from gelatin its hard to get tyrosine. I get everything else and 0 tryptophan but with tyrosine baked in i dont have to worry about that
Looks delicious! Do you cool them in the refrigerator?

OP
D

Douglas Ek

Looks delicious! Do you cool them in the refrigerator?

You can do if the coffe was hot it sorta stays more liquid while refrigerating it solidifies the gelatin faster. But once its solid its hard to melt it. You can keep them refrigerated to make em last longer

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You can do if the coffe was hot it sorta stays more liquid while refrigerating it solidifies the gelatin faster. But once its solid its hard to melt it. You can keep them refrigerated to make em last longer
Thanks.