Chocolate causing gut irritation?

Yonebayashian

I love chocolate and would be eating copious amounts of it but for the past couple of years I've been dealing with gut irritation linked mania. It's gotten a lot better over time but one of the things that would immediately strongly send me into an episode would be after having chocolate powder. For some reason eating chocolate bars doesn't produce the safe effect.

Any idea what is going on here or a chocolate powder that won't cause these issues?

Ben.

I love chocolate and would be eating copious amounts of it but for the past couple of years I've been dealing with gut irritation linked mania. It's gotten a lot better over time but one of the things that would immediately strongly send me into an episode would be after having chocolate powder. For some reason eating chocolate bars doesn't produce the safe effect.

Any idea what is going on here or a chocolate powder that won't cause these issues?

Alot of commercials cocoa powder has lecithin (usually soy derived). Maybe thats it?

And chocolate bars are processed with heat and combined with sugar/milk. The raw powder might have some toxin/antinutrient causing you issues.

OP
Yonebayashian

Yonebayashian

Try dutched cocoa instead
Yeah the worst case of mania I ever had in my life was after I had a cup of hot chocolate with 3 tbsp of what should have been the highest quality Dutch processed chocolate powder on the market in just hot water.

aniciete

Yeah the worst case of mania I ever had in my life was after I had a cup of hot chocolate with 3 tbsp of what should have been the highest quality Dutch processed chocolate powder on the market in just hot water.
Maybe soluble fibers feeding endotoxin? Cocoa/chocolate is pretty high in that. I’m not sure

TheSir

Chocolate bars are typically a very diluted form of cocoa, which may be why you tolerate them better. In cocoa there is theobromine and phenylethylamine, both of which could be linked to mania and irritate the gut as well.

Ben.

If you still want chocolateness to your warm/hot milk yo can just heat it with a few pieces of your favorite chocolate bar. A little gets stuck on the bottom but not to hard to clean afterwards.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals