Chloroquine Is Very Harmful As A Covid-19 Treatment - Why Are They Touting It?

Dr. Peat on his recent Politics and Science interviews said it is bad.

There is plenty of back up to his opinion, as usual.

It damages DNA especially, it appears, on dividing stem cells.

Note that we are told the most recent Chinese treatment has been losartan and cinaneserin -- something completely missing from the MSM who touts chloroquine and zithromax.

The autophagy inhibitor chloroquine targets cancer stem cells in triple negative breast cancer by inducing mitochondrial damage and impairing DNA break repair - ScienceDirect

Triple negative breast cancer (TNBC), characterized by an abundance of treatment-resistant breast cancer stem cells (CSCs), has a poorer prognosis than other types of breast cancers. Despite its aggressiveness, no effective targeted therapy exists for TNBC. Here, we demonstrate that CQ effectively targets CSCs via autophagy inhibition, mitochondrial structural damage, and impairment of double-stranded DNA break repair.

Electron microscopy demonstrates CQ-induced mitochondrial cristae damage, which leads to mitochondrial membrane depolarization with a significant reduction in the activity of cytochrome c oxidase and accumulation of superoxide and double-stranded DNA breaks.

CQ effectively diminishes the TNBC cells' ability to metastasize in vitro and in a TNBC xenograft model. When administered in combination with carboplatin, CQ effectively inhibits carboplatin-induced autophagy. This combination treatment significantly diminishes the expression of DNA repair proteins in CSC subpopulations, resulting in tumor growth reduction in carboplatin-resistant BRCA1 wild-type TNBC orthotopic xenografts. As TNBC's high treatment failure rate has been attributed to enrichment of CSCs, CQ, an autophagy inhibitor with anti-CSC effects, may be an effective adjunct to current TNBC chemotherapy regimens with carboplatin.

J

jb116

I think it best serves their interests to bide their time before they "release their new vaccines and meds." Any course of action that doesn't work efficiently or good enough only strengthens the illusion that the virus is "unstoppable" and a true pandemic.

burtlancast

Dr. Peat on his recent Politics and Science interviews said it is bad.

There is plenty of back up to his opinion, as usual.

Then let's add hydroxychloroquine to the growing list of topics Ray Peat is clearly wrong about.

Last edited:

Peater

Attachments

• 1585249479574.jpg
    1585249479574.jpg
    793.9 KB · Views: 120

Nigel Blake

Then let's add hydroxychloroquine to the growing list of topics Ray Peat is clearly wrong about.

Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine aren't the same though. Even if hydroxychloroquine did help those patients that doesn't mean it didn't cause them any harm nor should it be imply that it is the best way to help people with the disease. Chemotherapy really does help patients to a certain extent, doesn't mean it is actually good to use it on people.....

I hate to say, cause it sounds like conspiracy pushing, but chloroquine makes male rats irreversibly infertile and female rats to bear notably less siblings. Google "chloroquine irreversible infertility". Covid is reported to affect androgens and cause orchitis. Together they look like rise in fertility clinics profits. Again I do not propose conspiracy theory like "they make everybody infertile to solve overpopulation".

OP
ecstatichamster
it's nasty and losartan and an anti serotonin drug are the treatments of choice. Eliminating pure oxygen. I think the medical world kills more people than it saves.

Bogdar

It's funny because in my country, some independant doctors are trying to push hydroxy chloroquine for coronavirus treatment.
However, our government is against its use because of the too many side effects and unproven efficacy.

So lots of people are going into conspiracy mode, saying they want to hide the true treatment to be able to make more profit with another more expensive drug.

And, in a country that advocate chlroquine use, some can see another conspiracy. I guess there's no place for no conspiracies

burtlancast

What's next from Peat ?

Claiming Vit C by IV damages Coronavirus patients ?

burtlancast

it didn't cause them any harm nor should it be imply that it is the best way to help people with the disease.

Occam's razor.

We already know the medias are against a proven cure in Vit C by IV, as it's just been officially endorsed by the Shanghai government, and they absolutely refuse to talk about it, except to ridicule it.

If as you claim hydroxychloroquine does more harm than good, and the medias know it, wouldn't it then make sense for these medias to promote this false cure, as to push afterwards for their upcoming vaccines ?

Why are instead the medias against a false cure when they do everything to bury true ones ?

Maybe Ray could use a shave.

Last edited:

burtlancast

Testimony of an urgentist in Marseille: 100% efficiency of the combination hydroxychloroquine + azithromycine for newly infected coronavirus patients: ALL of those newly infected get this treatment in order to stop evolution to more severe states.

I'm sure Peat disagrees.

Ami

Testimony of an urgentist in Marseille: 100% efficiency of the combination hydroxychloroquine + azithromycine for newly infected coronavirus patients: ALL of those newly infected get this treatment in order to stop evolution to more severe states.

I'm sure Peat disagrees.

Did Peat say hydroxychloroquine isn't effective? I think he just prefers the low dose losartan + cypro combo as he believes it to be safe and effective.

Nigel Blake

I'm sure Peat disagrees.

Btw why you say the media is trying to shutdown chloroquine while also showing media clips promoting chloroquine? Do they not count because they're "alternative media" or something?

mimmo123

There using IV vitamin C in NY its in the New York Post all over the media there not hiding there use of it lol

Where did you ever see Ray give a treatment for this strain of coronavirus if you have it?
all he ever said is things you can do for prevention.

RealNeat

Just received word from a person who got chloroquine treatment that they have poor vision and can't see like before. They have been released from with hospital after covid treatment about 3 days ago. (The father of a friend)

Just received word from a person who got chloroquine treatment that they have poor vision and can't see like before. They have been released from with hospital after covid treatment about 3 days ago. (The father of a friend)
That's worrisome. Do you know if he took anything else while in the hospital?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals