Chlorophyll Or Chlorophyllin

Dave Clark

Wondering if chlorophyll (in) is potentiating things like MB, B2, red light, etc. in too strong of a way? What's your take? I am thinking chlorophyll (in) should be used conservatively if all these other photosensitizers are being used, I don't know. I only take the L.E. caps when I consume a rather large meal, especially if it has any grilled or fried meat, and I don't over consume wheat/barley grass juice powder, only if I feel I didn't get a good supply of vegetables on a given day.

Inaut

Saw this quote on the main page from Albert Szent Giorgi -

"[Origins and evolution of life] As the earth cooled and the water vapor condensed, long wavelength red light could get through. To catch it, life developed a green dye, chlorophyll, green meaning that red is absorbed. "

Beastmode

My wife was just suggested by practitioner to take chlorphyll to improve her blood volume. Said it can take a few months to really take effect on the blood volume, but most people notice a difference in a few weeks. She would be considered anemic in western medicine and the doctor at the hospital (after childbirth) wanted to do a blood transfusion. I told him to **** off! I've read there's a lot of bad things that can happen from transfusions from Peat.

Has anyone here taken it for similar reasons? Possibly with blood work to back up it's effectiveness?

I don't know much about chlorphyll, as I've been looking upstream most of the time (i.e-thyroid, progesterone, etc,) However, my wife isn't getting the same results like I am going that path.

Inaut

@Beastmode can’t speak to the exact nature of the question but chlorophyll helps blood oxygenation and building. Apparently it’s good to take before ascending to high elevations as well. I think the copper aspect of some chlorophylls may help with anemia but just a hunch and not backed up by anything scientific....

Beastmode

@Beastmode can’t speak to the exact nature of the question but chlorophyll helps blood oxygenation and building. Apparently it’s good to take before ascending to high elevations as well. I think the copper aspect of some chlorophylls may help with anemia but just a hunch and not backed up by anything scientific....

Thank you!

I'm wondering if it's actions are similar to acetazolamide, if it's used before ascending to high elevations? I emailed Peat about it after posting here, so I'll share if and when I hear back.

I noticed the Life Extension brand has silica in it.

If she is to experiment with this, I'd like to find the cleanest brand possible? I don't care how much it costs.

golder

Thank you!

I'm wondering if it's actions are similar to acetazolamide, if it's used before ascending to high elevations? I emailed Peat about it after posting here, so I'll share if and when I hear back.

If she is to experiment with this, I'd like to find the cleanest brand possible? I don't care how much it costs.

Fingers crossed for her mate. Keep us posted on Peats response!

Dave Clark

Thank you!

Organic wheat/barley grass juice powder is a rich source of natural chlorophyll, which sourced properly would have no fillers.
Buy Raw Organic Wheat Grass Juice - ZNaturalFoods.com
When using the 'juice powder', you don't have any of the cellulose that isn't digestible, and no seed phytates, oxalates, etc.

Andy316

To add on to @Dave Clark , I used Liquid Chlorophyllin by Now Foods

2 days of taking NOW chlorophyll and been wrecked with liver pain, brainfog and bodyache. Not sure if its the high copper or sodium or potassium sorbate which is the added preservative.

Dave Clark

2 days of taking NOW chlorophyll and been wrecked with liver pain, brainfog and bodyache. Not sure if its the high copper or sodium or potassium sorbate which is the added preservative.
Give the Life Extension chorophyllin a try, it has no copper or the other ingredients, to my knowledge.

Nebula

I think chlorophyll(in) is a photo sensitizor and would have some response to light. Not sure if red/infrared affects it but isn’t chlorophyll to plants what cytochrome c is to us humans? It’s a stretch kinda but I’m liking it. MB and chlorophyll fill a lot of gaps for me (copper importance—-my newest re-found interest)
How long did you take chlorophyllin? In your experience do you think it is a bio available source of copper?

Motif

What about your teeth after taking this? Only taking it before you brush anyway?

Jib

Well. Over the past few weeks I've been having barley grass juice powder daily and it's been making a tremendous difference in my chronic fatigue. I've actually worked out two days in a row which is the most I've done in the past 6 months or more.

I also notice I am craving it intensely. I'm actually having some chocolate ice cream right now and I probably mixed in three tablespoons of barley grass juice powder. At first I did a tablespoon and then I just wanted more. More more more. The flavor and texture is so absolutely amazing to me. Even plain mixed in with water I love it. It just feels like it's rebuilding me and making me stronger.

I have no idea why. But it can't be a coincidence. Nothing else has changed in the past few weeks other than adding the barley grass juice powder.

I am having spirulina occasionally as well, but crave much smaller amounts. Fascinating stuff. I will be continuing with the barley grass juice powder.

LadyRae

My wife was just suggested by practitioner to take chlorphyll to improve her blood volume. Said it can take a few months to really take effect on the blood volume, but most people notice a difference in a few weeks. She would be considered anemic in western medicine and the doctor at the hospital (after childbirth) wanted to do a blood transfusion. I told him to **** off! I've read there's a lot of bad things that can happen from transfusions from Peat.

Has anyone here taken it for similar reasons? Possibly with blood work to back up it's effectiveness?

I don't know much about chlorphyll, as I've been looking upstream most of the time (i.e-thyroid, progesterone, etc,) However, my wife isn't getting the same results like I am going that path.
I know this response is a year late, I apologize, but yes, I drank almost an entirere bottle of chlorophyll about 3 hours after the birth of our 4th child (this was 7 years ago).

I had lost 1/2 my circulating blood hemorrhaging after her birth. The hospital staff wanted to do a blood transfusion, but I asked if we could wait til the following morning to recheck blood markers.

Sure enough, my blood rebounded enough overnight to satisfy their tests. I'm not sure exactly what they were watching in my blood, I was a little out of it, but I definitely felt much better the following morning after drinking the bottle of chlorophyll.

Of course some reading this may suggest that I would have had a better experience with hombirth, and indeed my first birth was a home birth. However I tend to Hemorrhage a lot after each baby is born, hence the decision to use the hospital for subsequent births.

Beastmode

I know this response is a year late, I apologize, but yes, I drank almost an entirere bottle of chlorophyll about 3 hours after the birth of our 4th child (this was 7 years ago).

I had lost 1/2 my circulating blood hemorrhaging after her birth. The hospital staff wanted to do a blood transfusion, but I asked if we could wait til the following morning to recheck blood markers.

Sure enough, my blood rebounded enough overnight to satisfy their tests. I'm not sure exactly what they were watching in my blood, I was a little out of it, but I definitely felt much better the following morning after drinking the bottle of chlorophyll.

Of course some reading this may suggest that I would have had a better experience with hombirth, and indeed my first birth was a home birth. However I tend to Hemorrhage a lot after each baby is born, hence the decision to use the hospital for subsequent births.
Great share! They tried the same thing with my wife after birth. The doctors weren't able to be pushy with her on this as the doctors were afraid of her husband...haha.

My wife took it for about 6 months. Her experience was pretty good. The big thing she noticed was the severity of her headaches were far less while on cholrphyll.

Jam

LadyRae

EDIT:
I just realized that I had responded to this exact thread a while back, lol!
Sorry for the duplicate. 😅

Yes, I took a bunch of liquid chlorophyll for this exact reason. In 2013, when I naturally birthed my fourth daughter, I hemorrhaged and lost half of my circulating blood! The hospital wanted to do a blood transfusion but they agreed to wait till the following day to reassess. I promptly had a raw placenta smoothie and then my husband ran over to a health food store and got a bottle of chlorophyll which I drank most of that night...(mint, thank goodness).

The next morning the nursing staff was very surprised to see how much my blood had rebounded and they "allowed" me to decline a blood transfusion. It did take a couple weeks for me to feel like I could climb stairs without fatigue and dizziness but I am thankful for the chlorophyll.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals