Chlorine Quickly Absorbs Through Skin?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

nullredvector

I really don't know the chemistry involved in that test but maybe something on his skin is contaminating the water and inactivating that dye? Though I really wouldn't be surprised if its true, my old shower before I moved was pretty harsh.

mt_dreams

My body feels quite drained when I swim in pools that are chlorinated, so sounds like this may be happening.
I read a couple of years back that the worse type of chlorine to absorb is the chlorine vapours that your lungs absorb when you inhale the steam from hot water. So long hot showers using chlorinated water will be a double combo of chlorine absorption.

Amazoniac

Trihalomethane - Wikipedia

https://www.nature.com/jes/journal/v10/n4/pdf/7500098a.pdf?origin=ppub

"In our study, we found that the dermal and inhalation exposures associated with showering and bathing resulted in much higher blood levels of THMs than drinking 1 l of water. If blood THM levels are a risk factor for subsequent human health effects, such as bladder cancer, then water consumption may not be the only important route of exposure. Accounting for an individual's participation in household activities involving tap water, as well as his tap water consumption, may allow a more accurate individual exposure assessment. Our study has demonstrated that public health messages indicating that an individual can significantly reduce his or her exposure to THMs by not drinking tap water may lead to a false sense of security regarding the risk for adverse health outcomes associated with THM exposure."​

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals