Chlorine Dioxide has destroyed my enjoyment of sugar

qwazy

I have recently started to use chlorine dioxide to fix my chronic gut issues. The improvements are great so far. My overall wellbeing is greatly improved. My hands and feet are finally warm, I have daily morning wood and my vision improved.

However, since I also started doing chlorine dioxide enemas I have lost the enjoyment for carbs. Basically, for me there is no difference in thinking about eating carbs or a cardboard. The mouth pleasure is just gone. Eating carbs is not satisfying. Only fat and protein is giving me real satisfaction. This is quite interesting as all my stool tests before showed no candida as candida is known to cause sugar cravings. I have been paleo/carnivore/keto-carnivore for the last 5 years so might that be the reason why my stool test did not show the candida? Do you have any other idea what happened?

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I have been using ClO2 for maybe 15 years. More recently, due to COVID-19, my family is using it daily, three-four drops activated, as a preventative against the virus. I didn't notice any difference regarding carbs. My wife has sugar cravings and I don't think that the ClO2 reduced that but she is petite and takes only one activated drop.

I have wondered whether ClO2 also negatively affects the beneficial bacteria in the gut. On the forums, people only post remarkable recoveries, I could not find any negative posts...

Did you take any probiotics?

I must say that ClO2 is amazing. It had cured the early onset of arthritis with two stiff fingers and swollen finger knuckles in the care taker of my mom, a women in her 60s, that was in 2012 in Germany. She took 4 activated drops and after only 5 days (!) the stiffness and swelling was gone! She also told me that her vision improved. An elderly woman in her 70s, a friend of my mom, had rheumatoid arthritis. She also started the 4 activated drops and after only two days, she was out of pain!

I know of a man who was exposed to toxic mold and his doctor didn't give him much longer to live, a friend of his gave him the drops and he completely recovered!

Back in March, I had an eye infection in my right eye, just before that I had a sudden increase in floaters in my right eye. I suspect that it was the Coronavirus but I didn't get tested. The eyelids of my right eye were swollen. First I tried 500 ppm colloidal silver, a single drop in both eyes, but that didn't help this time. So I diluted some 3,000 ppm chlorine dioxide solutions (CDS) by a factor 27 and took 1 ml of that diluted CDS and added it to 10 ml eyedrops to yield 10 ppm of ClO2 in the eyedrops. I confirmed the 10 ppm concentration with a ClO2 test swap. I applied this to both eyes in the evening and the next morning, the swelling was almost gone! I continued the drops 2x or 3x a day, and a couple days later a stye formed, which then opened and puss came out. Everything healed fine but I still have these floaters...

The only side effects that I personally noticed are occasional (mild) diarrhea, once a day. I also use it as an oral rinse but I add some baking soda to eliminate any remaing acid.

Just a few days ago, my son got food poisoning, he threw up through the night and also had diarrhea. He took some CDS and also some charcoal and the next day he was much better.

I read through the EPA report on ClO2 and even when taking 3 activated drops every hour for eight hours (= 24 activated drops), the amount of ClO2 lies below the 'No Observable Effect' amount. The amount of ClO2 from 24 activated drops is about 0.81% of the LD50 for an 80-kg adult. The RDA for salt is 1.5 g/day and that is 0.63% of the LD50 for table salt, for comparison.

Max23

I have been using ClO2 for maybe 15 years. More recently, due to COVID-19, my family is using it daily, three-four drops activated, as a preventative against the virus. I didn't notice any difference regarding carbs. My wife has sugar cravings and I don't think that the ClO2 reduced that but she is petite and takes only one activated drop.

I have wondered whether ClO2 also negatively affects the beneficial bacteria in the gut. On the forums, people only post remarkable recoveries, I could not find any negative posts...

Did you take any probiotics?

I must say that ClO2 is amazing. It had cured the early onset of arthritis with two stiff fingers and swollen finger knuckles in the care taker of my mom, a women in her 60s, that was in 2012 in Germany. She took 4 activated drops and after only 5 days (!) the stiffness and swelling was gone! She also told me that her vision improved. An elderly woman in her 70s, a friend of my mom, had rheumatoid arthritis. She also started the 4 activated drops and after only two days, she was out of pain!

I know of a man who was exposed to toxic mold and his doctor didn't give him much longer to live, a friend of his gave him the drops and he completely recovered!

Back in March, I had an eye infection in my right eye, just before that I had a sudden increase in floaters in my right eye. I suspect that it was the Coronavirus but I didn't get tested. The eyelids of my right eye were swollen. First I tried 500 ppm colloidal silver, a single drop in both eyes, but that didn't help this time. So I diluted some 3,000 ppm chlorine dioxide solutions (CDS) by a factor 27 and took 1 ml of that diluted CDS and added it to 10 ml eyedrops to yield 10 ppm of ClO2 in the eyedrops. I confirmed the 10 ppm concentration with a ClO2 test swap. I applied this to both eyes in the evening and the next morning, the swelling was almost gone! I continued the drops 2x or 3x a day, and a couple days later a stye formed, which then opened and puss came out. Everything healed fine but I still have these floaters...

The only side effects that I personally noticed are occasional (mild) diarrhea, once a day. I also use it as an oral rinse but I add some baking soda to eliminate any remaing acid.

Just a few days ago, my son got food poisoning, he threw up through the night and also had diarrhea. He took some CDS and also some charcoal and the next day he was much better.

I read through the EPA report on ClO2 and even when taking 3 activated drops every hour for eight hours (= 24 activated drops), the amount of ClO2 lies below the 'No Observable Effect' amount. The amount of ClO2 from 24 activated drops is about 0.81% of the LD50 for an 80-kg adult. The RDA for salt is 1.5 g/day and that is 0.63% of the LD50 for table salt, for comparison.
Good to know about positive experiences with chlorine dioxide in the Ray Peat Forum! Have you tried different products? Did you notice any differences between them?

OP
Q

qwazy

@Stefan GV Yeah the ClO2 is really a miracle. So far I managed to work up to 20 activated drops spread over a day. This has done way more for me in the last weeks than what rifaximin or any antimicrobial herbs and restrictive diets over the last 5 years have done for me.

I have tried all sorts of probiotics. None of them have given me a benefit.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Good to know about positive experiences with chlorine dioxide in the Ray Peat Forum! Have you tried different products? Did you notice any differences between them?
No, I only used chlorine dioxide. I haven't used the 'MMS2', which is calcium hypochlorite - plain bleach. Bleach has disadvantages, since it can form trihalomethanes (THM) and it has a higher oxidation potential than chlorine dioxide. However, there are positive testimonials on MMS2 but I wonder if the same benefit could have been achieved with chlorine dioxide. Attached is a comparison between chlorine dioxide and chlorination that I found on the web.

The other product that I am taking religiously every day is Zeta Aid. I posted on this subject several times, so look at my past comments. Zeta Aid is made from beneficial potassium-based electrolytes, which 'charge up' the blood particles. The increased electrostatic repulsion prevents the formation of blood clots while not interfering with the normal clotting that happens in an injury. Thomas M. Riddick did the pioneering work on the Zeta Potential and colloidal stability and has written a book with a chapter on cardiovascular disease. I think everyone over 55 or so should use it to prevent a heart attack. Here is a link to download Riddick's book:

Zeta Aid was formulated by Dr. T.C. McDaniel who had severe PVC (premature ventricular contractions). He stumbled upon Riddick's book and applied it to himself, he lived to be almost 102 years old! I also have Dr. McDaniel's book where he writes about his odyssey with his heart problem. His daughter is still offering the Zeta Aid:

Besides the Zeta Aid and chlorine dioxide drops, I of course take vitamin C, D3, K2, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.

Attachments

• Chlorination vs Chlorine Dioxide.pdf
    101.9 KB · Views: 36

Ben.

Im wondering Stephan, are you not concerned about side effects?

I know from some groups that it does not help everyone, some of them even hit a point trough regular usage that they cough or poop blood or even poop some of their intestinal mucosa out.

StephanF

Forum Supporter

I know from some groups that it does not help everyone, some of them even hit a point trough regular usage that they cough or poop blood or even poop some of their intestinal mucosa out.
Hi Ben, if you have a link to posts on negative side effects, I would be very interested in reading about it. I have read the EPA report on ClO2 and at the amounts that I am taking it, it should not have any side effects. Maybe some people overdosed?

Here is a link to the EPA report:

Actually, the wife of a friend of mine had a bad reaction. She had digestive problems for 5 months after taking chlorine dioxide, three activated drops only. Maybe she should have started slowly? Under 'Similar threads' on the bottom of this page, there are other links about discussions with chlorine dioxide, I didn't see them before, interesting readings!

Last edited:
OP
Q

qwazy

@Ben. I never had blood in my stool. It did cause me to have mucus or biofilm in my stool. Not sure exactly what it was. However, I felt much better after expelling the stuff.

Last edited:

Max23

No, I only used chlorine dioxide. I haven't used the 'MMS2', which is calcium hypochlorite - plain bleach. Bleach has disadvantages, since it can form trihalomethanes (THM) and it has a higher oxidation potential than chlorine dioxide. However, there are positive testimonials on MMS2 but I wonder if the same benefit could have been achieved with chlorine dioxide. Attached is a comparison between chlorine dioxide and chlorination that I found on the web.

The other product that I am taking religiously every day is Zeta Aid. I posted on this subject several times, so look at my past comments. Zeta Aid is made from beneficial potassium-based electrolytes, which 'charge up' the blood particles. The increased electrostatic repulsion prevents the formation of blood clots while not interfering with the normal clotting that happens in an injury. Thomas M. Riddick did the pioneering work on the Zeta Potential and colloidal stability and has written a book with a chapter on cardiovascular disease. I think everyone over 55 or so should use it to prevent a heart attack. Here is a link to download Riddick's book:

Zeta Aid was formulated by Dr. T.C. McDaniel who had severe PVC (premature ventricular contractions). He stumbled upon Riddick's book and applied it to himself, he lived to be almost 102 years old! I also have Dr. McDaniel's book where he writes about his odyssey with his heart problem. His daughter is still offering the Zeta Aid:

Besides the Zeta Aid and chlorine dioxide drops, I of course take vitamin C, D3, K2, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
Thanks! Very intersting! Hadn´t heard about this Zeta Aid product. Potassium fascinates me. That one I would like to try. I get some benefits and some problems with chlorine dioxide, so I wondered maybe the product I use is flawed.

Max23

I have done dozens of MMS enemas and those problems just aren´t possible, if everything is done correctly. The solution is so dilute, I don´t think it can damage living human tissue. And I have soft connective tissue. Even tomatoes can make my rectum bloody, not to even mention dairy. I had those concerns before the first time, but they quickly went away after experimentation.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Thanks! Very intersting! Hadn´t heard about this Zeta Aid product. Potassium fascinates me. That one I would like to try. I get some benefits and some problems with chlorine dioxide, so I wondered maybe the product I use is flawed.
Riddick and Dr. McDaniel are using potassium salts because we already get too much sodium from processed foods. Sodium citrate should work the same as potassium citrate to strengthen the Zeta Potential. I calculated that in Riddick's original formula, and probably similar in the Zeta Aid, it has about 160 mg of potassium per day, spread out into three servings. One banana or one avocado has almost 500 mg potassium.

Max23

@Max23 What kind of problems were you having with the chlorine dioxide?
Main problem was it didn´t produce much beneficial effects. On higher doses it produced some negative effcts like cold feet, dehydration, muscle twitching. The worst one was neck spasms on day 8 of initial experiments, that went worse and worse. Everything causes problems for me. Yesterday I took thyroid and the same painful neck spasms happened and many other products that should help, cause it. As if some intestinal healing reaction is blocked.

OP
Q

qwazy

Main problem was it didn´t produce much beneficial effects. On higher doses it produced some negative effcts like cold feet, dehydration, muscle twitching. The worst one was neck spasms on day 8 of initial experiments, that went worse and worse. Everything causes problems for me. Yesterday I took thyroid and the same painful neck spasms happened and many other products that should help, cause it. As if some intestinal healing reaction is blocked.
Wow that sounds quite unusual. Not sure what could cause the neck twitching. I too get the cold feet when I am taking the chlorine dioxide in high doses but they disappear when I stop taking it. My guess is that it is a small Herxheimer reaction.

lampofred

RP wrote that improved glycogen storage can make you lose sugar cravings. But increased fat oxidation as opposed to sugar oxidation might also do the same.

OP
Q

qwazy

RP wrote that improved glycogen storage can make you lose sugar cravings. But increased fat oxidation as opposed to sugar oxidation might also do the same.
I think I am killing of candida which nixed my sugar cravings. What appears in my stool since taking high doses of chlorine dioxide looks very much like candida. This is quite funny as candida never showed up on my stool tests while being on low carb diets. However, I know that testing for candida is notoriously difficult. Probably an organic acid test is the most accurate for it...

FoodForeal

Did you have the floaters before the eye infection, or did the ClO2 cause that? It sounds like ClO2 is a powerful sterilant that provides results relatively quickly. Shouldn't you discontinue use after symptoms resolve?

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Did you have the floaters before the eye infection, or did the ClO2 cause that? It sounds like ClO2 is a powerful sterilant that provides results relatively quickly. Shouldn't you discontinue use after symptoms resolve?
I had some floaters since my youth but then in March 2020 I suddenly had many more. After a couple of days the eye infection started with the right eye lids being swollen. At that point I started the chlorine dioxide eye drops and used them for maybe a week until the stye was gone.