Chinese Diet And Metabolism

Gone Peating

When you kill off all the creative, spontaneous, anti-authoritarian people in your society, this is what you get.

Yes thanks to Mao any creative types who aren't submissive to whoever carries the biggest threat of physically harming them either moved to Taiwan or were murdered.

If you ever come to China you will see what I am talking about as soon as you land. It is a dystopia

Hugh Johnson

Chinese and Indian medicine practitioners have noted that westerners have very "cold" stomaches. Has to do with refrigerated food. I can't tell you if TMC is particularly effective, but I'd try it sooner than western medicine.

Peater Piper

I can tell you that from my time in Shanghai, they are a pretty unhealthy looking lot. Skinnyfat bodies, poor skin quality, and always walking around hacking up phlegm and coughing
The latter is probably due to air pollution. I made some Chinese friends while learning Mandarin, and everyone who lived in a major city had lung issues.

JustAGuy

Same in Taiwan where I am currently. Everything is pufa fried food. Even canola oil soaked noodles or rice everywhere. The pace is super slow here, people walk at like a 50% speed pace compared to the west and everyone sleeps everywhere (in class, in the metro).

Also about 50% of the population seems to have some sort of skin problem, it really shocked me. I hear nearly daily from people how good my skin is here (even from complete strangers like a grandma in the street). I have always has a smooth skin but in here the contrast is massive compared to the population.

Fractality

Chinese and Indian medicine practitioners have noted that westerners have very "cold" stomaches. Has to do with refrigerated food. I can't tell you if TMC is particularly effective, but I'd try it sooner than western medicine.

And what do they tout as the implications of having a "cold stomach?"

Vesi

I have tried this recently (drinking hot vs cold beverages), and i have to say, that i feel a lot better with drinking 3-4 cups of something hot every day, compared to drinking only 1-2 cups. Lately it has been black tea or chamomile tea, sometimes coffee or green tea. I wonder what is the energetic or practical cost of drinking cold drinks, or eating cold food, compared to getting them hot.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Mito Low-fat/high-carb Diet Superior To LCHF In 6-month Chinese Randomized Controlled Feeding Trial Articles & Scientific Studies 1
lvysaur Was COVID-19 Just A Chinese Vaccine? Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 13
D Is Chinese Herb Fo-ti/He Shou Wu Safe? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 11
L Coronavirus Began 'as An Accident' In Chinese Lab, Says Former MI6 Boss Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 5
S Chinese Handbook Of COVID-19 Prevention And Treatment Health 0
E Corona / COVID-19 : Prevention And Treatment - The Official Chinese Handbook (eBook) Health 2
B Lipofuscin Amongst Chinese In China - Need Studies Discussing Dietary Models 9
Captain_Coconut American And Chinese Skullcap Supplements 7
C Serum N1-Methylnicotinamide Is Associated With Obesity And Diabetes In Chinese Scientific Studies 1
T Why Would This Chinese/Japanese Herbal Formula Cure Varicocele 40 Out Of 50 Times In A Study? Ask For Help or Advice 16
R 28 Yo Chinese Woman With Thinning Hair Hair & Nails 43
raysputin Chinese Face Reading Health 0
Bodhi Chinese Moxa Lamp Ask For Help or Advice 0
DaveFoster Peaty Chinese Food Recipes 1
Makrosky Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Miscellaneous Health Discussions 56
P Chinese Restaurants - What Are My Best Options? Ask For Help or Advice 4
uuy8778yyi raw chinese herbs to become spiritual Supplements 0
S Ancient Chinese Were Peatarians Diet, Recipes 77
J High sugar diet has wrecked my teeth, Decay and dentist say i need filling Oral Health 23
M Magnesium & potassium rich diet for lazy people Ask For Help or Advice 12
U What does eggs offer to be important part of the diet? Diet 9
GreekDemiGod Peaty supplements / diet increased my Prolactin and Estradiol. Why? Ask For Help or Advice 24
P forum suggestion - diet list accessible by hovering mouse over users Suggestions, Complaints, Board Glitches 12
egoy The perfect diet? Questions Ask For Help or Advice 16
ursidae >70 g of PUFA a day | Does diet even matter? Diet 72
Mito Organic diet intervention significantly reduces urinary glyphosate levels in U.S. children and adults Articles & Scientific Studies 0
P feeling much better on a very low calorie diet Diet 23
ZuaGoidern Steve Reeves: Example for a Peaty Diet ? Diet 2
Lokzo This Is How The Carnivore Diet Lowers Serotonin... Diet, Recipes 7
Tristan Loscha Vegetarian Diet And Mental Disorders: Results From A Representative Community Survey Scientific Studies 13
S Workout Diet With Supplements Supplements 11
S The Wageslave Diet Diet 14
S No Milk No OJ, Feedback For My Diet Please Diet 2
J Performance Vs Health In Diet Diet 4
A Anyone Tried A Pescatarian(ish) Diet? Ask For Help or Advice 2
I Niacin-like Flush From Diet Alone? Ask For Help or Advice 4
T I Tried Out Every Diet Under The Sun. Here I Share What I Learned Diet 44
Hgreen56 Ray Peat (high Sugar) Diet Works Only Temporarily (?) Diet 0
B Canine (domestic) Diet - Allergic Skin Conditions Animals 25
S The Key To Low Body-fat, Regardless Of Diet/Exercise? Diet 28
haidut Keto Diet Can Cause Lethal Kidney Failure Scientific Studies 0
P Best Diet For Chemo Cancer 5
E β-glucan Attenuates Cognitive Impairment Via The Gut-brain Axis In Diet-induced Obese Mice [10- 2020 Scientific Studies 0
Korven German Doctor Treats MS With Low PUFA Diet (Stops Disease In 84% Of Patients) Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 25
V Best Diet For A Good Blood Circulation? Diet 7
P Constipation Issues When Introducing Sugar In Diet Digestion 6
Sscobalt Fine Tune My Diet Diet 18
Tristan Loscha The Impact Of A Vegan Diet On Pregnancy Outcomes Female Issues 3
youngsinatra Bodybuilding Diet With Ray Peat Principles Discussing Dietary Models 38
Hans How To Modulate The Gut Apart From The Diet Articles & Scientific Studies 0