China On Track To Replace US As World’s Financial Center

amd

Holdings of Chinese government bonds rose in January, according to a February 12 report by Reuters citing official data, despite the fact that yield premiums have substantially narrowed between US and Chinese government debt.

Is this just an anomaly or part of a growing trend that could see China overtake the US as the global financial center?

According to the Bridgewater founder’s interview with the Financial Times, “China already has the world’s second largest capital markets and I think they will eventually vie for having the world’s financial center. When you see the transition from one empire to another, from the Dutch to the British to the American, to me it just looks like that all over again.

OP
A

amd

The rise of China, combined with the US’ poor response to the Covid pandemic, stands as a game changer.

A recent study by a British think tank, the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR), states that China will surpass the US to become the world’s largest economy by 2028.

The report, not the only one of its kind making this forecast, had revised its projection forwards by five years, attributing the Covid-19 pandemic as a gamechanger which will take its toll on US growth in the long term.

Beastmode

Holdings of Chinese government bonds rose in January, according to a February 12 report by Reuters citing official data, despite the fact that yield premiums have substantially narrowed between US and Chinese government debt.

Is this just an anomaly or part of a growing trend that could see China overtake the US as the global financial center?

According to the Bridgewater founder’s interview with the Financial Times, “China already has the world’s second largest capital markets and I think they will eventually vie for having the world’s financial center. When you see the transition from one empire to another, from the Dutch to the British to the American, to me it just looks like that all over again.
Ray Dalio's book is excellent. I'm only 100 pages in and it's a great overview of the cycles.

JamesGatz

I do think the WEF has chosen China as the next big superpower - theres a video someone posted on here I can't find of Soros talking about them getting more powerful

Maybe because China has gotten so good at stuffing people into prison camps and pods and hiding it from the outside world the WEF deems them worthy

I do believe the WEF plans on burning the US and West to the ground while making countries like this continuously more powerful

Demyze

When Mao died China became a pawn of Western Capitalists, the Chinese ruling class and their heirs sold out China for money, property, and designer clothes. While the United States has turned itself into a for profit corporatist prison state and imperialist (fake) war machine China has been Wheeling and dealing all over the world, becoming a global economic powerhouse

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/NovaShpakova/status/1488360769540476930

China: Towards Capitalist Restoration. Michel Chossudovsky - Global Research

Interview 1666 - James Corbett on Research, China and the Media - The Corbett Report

Back
Top Bottom