Children Frequently Receive Unnecessary / Dangerous Medical Care

haidut

Forum Supporter
This study provides some clues in regards to the declining health of younger people that I have discussed numerous times in my posts. Lifelong health "imprinting" starts in the womb and continues for at least 3-4 years after birth. Health changes and epigenetic (re)programming continue throughout the entire life of a person, of course, but children are especially vulnerable to invasive procedures and treatments and the damage tends to carry over into their adult lives as well. Perhaps the most damaging medical intervention children receive is head CT scans, which expose their brains and thyroid to the equivalent of 50-100 X-rays every time the CT imaging is done. The majority of children who received at least one CT scan go on to receive more at a later point in time since doctors tend to follow past diagnosis/treatment precedent, which limits their legal liability. As such, I would not be surprised if the majority of children get at least one head/chest CT scan by the time they start school. This is more than enough to increase their lifetime cancer and hypothyroidism risk more than 10-fold, and in many cases triggers a cancer while still in childhood. It is not a coincidence that childhood cancer rates are the highest they've ever been. Aside from radiation, some of the prescription drugs children apparently receive as part of this "excessive" care are far from benign, despite the fact that doctors will market them as such. PPI drugs and SSRI antidepressants are two categories approved for use even in very young pre-school children, yet are among the most dangerous mass-prescribed drugs currently in circulation. The sooner this madness stops, the better for the (literal) future of this world. We can't afford turning chronologically young people into biological "retirees" any longer.

https://pediatrics.aappublications....000&nfstatusdescription=ERROR:+No+local+token
Children frequently receive unnecessary medical care regardless of insurance type

"...One in nine publicly insured and one in 11 privately insured children received low-value care in 2014, according to the findings published in journal Pediatrics. Researchers evaluated data for 8.6 million children in 12 states to see whether having public or private insurance is associated with receiving low-value medical services...Researchers estimated the prevalence of 20 low-value diagnostic tests, imaging tests, and prescription drugs, such as unnecessary vitamin D screening, imaging for acute sinus infections, and antibiotic prescriptions for colds."

"..."Doctors have a strong fear of missing something," Chua says. "Some doctors would rather over-treat and risk the side effects of the intervention than undertreat and risk missing a catastrophic problem." Unnecessary care has consequences, Chua says. Overuse of antibiotics, for example, can increase antibiotic resistance and the risk of allergic reactions. MRIs sometimes expose children to the risks of sedation while CT scans expose them to radiation, which can increase the lifetime risk of cancer."

Jib

I started self-mutilating and having suicidal fantasies after starting Lexapro and Buspar at the age of 12. I was soon after put on Zyprexa, a potent atypical antipsychotic, allegedly for insomnia I was experiencing.

I also had strep throat constantly as a child and adult. I'm 30 now, and it wasn't until a few years ago that I had another bout of strep and decided to forego antibiotics, that getting strep so frequently stopped being an issue. It's been several years, and I'm not sure I ever went that long without strep in my life. I read somewhere that knee-jerk antibiotic treatment for everything could impair the immune system from adapting to different pathogens, and it'd never learn to do its job properly.

Still wonder to this day how much Lexapro/Buspar/Zyprexa affected my brain growing up, and how many of the effects were permanent. I'll never know. Sadly, this problem seems to be on the rise. I thought I was very young at 12 years old to go on an antidepressant, but now it seems common for children even younger than that to be on these poisons.

I recently mentioned Faster EFT in another thread about depression. I'm a huge believer in stressful memories being a huge cause of "mental illness." Over-medicating causes twofold problems for this reason: it completely ignores and invalidates the fact that stressful memories are a huge cause of problems.

Teaching children to have emotional intelligence, and to address stressful memories with a positive and empowered attitude, would be far more effective. As well as encouraging a healthy diet with plenty of exercise and socialization. In my experience being a psychiatry patient for over 18 years, even having the label of being "mentally ill" is hugely damaging and disempowering, and encourages you only to be a repeat customer for psychiatry.

It's as if the healthcare system is designed to generate repeat customers instead of curing people, and that this not only leaves damaged individuals to linger with their problems indefinitely, but gives them even more problems and causes more damage by invalidating their experiences and memories as individuals, and patronizing them as incompetent and "less than" anyone who has not been diagnosed with a "mental illness."

Strange....nah. That couldn't be the case. Society would never do that to anyone..... ;)

I started self-mutilating and having suicidal fantasies after starting Lexapro and Buspar at the age of 12. I was soon after put on Zyprexa, a potent atypical antipsychotic, allegedly for insomnia I was experiencing.

I also had strep throat constantly as a child and adult. I'm 30 now, and it wasn't until a few years ago that I had another bout of strep and decided to forego antibiotics, that getting strep so frequently stopped being an issue. It's been several years, and I'm not sure I ever went that long without strep in my life. I read somewhere that knee-jerk antibiotic treatment for everything could impair the immune system from adapting to different pathogens, and it'd never learn to do its job properly.

Still wonder to this day how much Lexapro/Buspar/Zyprexa affected my brain growing up, and how many of the effects were permanent. I'll never know. Sadly, this problem seems to be on the rise. I thought I was very young at 12 years old to go on an antidepressant, but now it seems common for children even younger than that to be on these poisons.

I recently mentioned Faster EFT in another thread about depression. I'm a huge believer in stressful memories being a huge cause of "mental illness." Over-medicating causes twofold problems for this reason: it completely ignores and invalidates the fact that stressful memories are a huge cause of problems.

Teaching children to have emotional intelligence, and to address stressful memories with a positive and empowered attitude, would be far more effective. As well as encouraging a healthy diet with plenty of exercise and socialization. In my experience being a psychiatry patient for over 18 years, even having the label of being "mentally ill" is hugely damaging and disempowering, and encourages you only to be a repeat customer for psychiatry.

It's as if the healthcare system is designed to generate repeat customers instead of curing people, and that this not only leaves damaged individuals to linger with their problems indefinitely, but gives them even more problems and causes more damage by invalidating their experiences and memories as individuals, and patronizing them as incompetent and "less than" anyone who has not been diagnosed with a "mental illness."

Strange....nah. That couldn't be the case. Society would never do that to anyone..... ;)

I had a friend of mine,psy-rats turned him into a zombie.Im so sorry for what you endured and wish you the best of luck in all your endevours.

catan

Parents risk being reported to Child Protective Services if they decline procedure and treatments.

Beastmode

This study provides some clues in regards to the declining health of younger people that I have discussed numerous times in my posts. Lifelong health "imprinting" starts in the womb and continues for at least 3-4 years after birth. Health changes and epigenetic (re)programming continue throughout the entire life of a person, of course, but children are especially vulnerable to invasive procedures and treatments and the damage tends to carry over into their adult lives as well. Perhaps the most damaging medical intervention children receive is head CT scans, which expose their brains and thyroid to the equivalent of 50-100 X-rays every time the CT imaging is done. The majority of children who received at least one CT scan go on to receive more at a later point in time since doctors tend to follow past diagnosis/treatment precedent, which limits their legal liability. As such, I would not be surprised if the majority of children get at least one head/chest CT scan by the time they start school. This is more than enough to increase their lifetime cancer and hypothyroidism risk more than 10-fold, and in many cases triggers a cancer while still in childhood. It is not a coincidence that childhood cancer rates are the highest they've ever been. Aside from radiation, some of the prescription drugs children apparently receive as part of this "excessive" care are far from benign, despite the fact that doctors will market them as such. PPI drugs and SSRI antidepressants are two categories approved for use even in very young pre-school children, yet are among the most dangerous mass-prescribed drugs currently in circulation. The sooner this madness stops, the better for the (literal) future of this world. We can't afford turning chronologically young people into biological "retirees" any longer.

https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2020/01/13/peds.2019-2325?sso=1&sso_redirect_count=1&nfstatus=401&nftoken=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&nfstatusdescription=ERROR:+No+local+token
Children frequently receive unnecessary medical care regardless of insurance type

"...One in nine publicly insured and one in 11 privately insured children received low-value care in 2014, according to the findings published in journal Pediatrics. Researchers evaluated data for 8.6 million children in 12 states to see whether having public or private insurance is associated with receiving low-value medical services...Researchers estimated the prevalence of 20 low-value diagnostic tests, imaging tests, and prescription drugs, such as unnecessary vitamin D screening, imaging for acute sinus infections, and antibiotic prescriptions for colds."

"..."Doctors have a strong fear of missing something," Chua says. "Some doctors would rather over-treat and risk the side effects of the intervention than undertreat and risk missing a catastrophic problem." Unnecessary care has consequences, Chua says. Overuse of antibiotics, for example, can increase antibiotic resistance and the risk of allergic reactions. MRIs sometimes expose children to the risks of sedation while CT scans expose them to radiation, which can increase the lifetime risk of cancer."

Our child was just under 37 wks and had a bit of an infection after 40 hours of delivery. They gave her a few antibiotics, but unlike most, I was able to research them thoroughly and get Peat's advice on the safety of them. Parents are helpless in intervening on a lot of this as doctors are not only pushy, but often make threats (i.e- protective child services) as @catan mentioned. It's very rare a baby or a child ever needs medical attention.

Thank god for Peat :)

Jib

I had a friend of mine,psy-rats turned him into a zombie.Im so sorry for what you endured and wish you the best of luck in all your endevours.

Thank you. It's been interesting looking back in hindsight. Recently tried another medication and it was a disaster, after years of avoiding. Never again. This stuff is just nasty. Fortunately, adding back a bunch of milk into my diet, K2, and getting plenty of sunlight, red light, and 1mg of methylene blue daily, have been helping pretty tremendously.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

LucyL

Thyroid. I got a copy of Broda Barnes book recently, and he pretty much describes psychological issues combined with low immune resistance in children, and how much proper thyroid therapy helped. If you haven't read his book, I would recommend it.