Chickenpox

OP
dd99

dd99

Sorry to hear dd99, what a bummer!
What you are currently doing to date will help and Hypericum oil or extract is helpful as I mentioned earlier because it will soothe and perhaps Tea Tree oil or Red light to lessen possibility of scarring?

Hope this resolves really quickly for you.
Thanks, moss you're right, I willl keep doing all that stuff and when the pox are dry hit them red lightt (worried about MB and red light together - wasn't there something about that?)). Then topical vitamin E.

OP
dd99

dd99

I have been told that calamine contains Mercury . My son had chicken pox once when he was two and was covered- everywhere - even his ear lobes. He pointed to one on his abdomen and said "this one isn't itchy"
That could explain why it makes me feel nauseous... I've ordered Benadryl cream express from the US, so should be here tomorrow.

moss

Thanks, moss you're right, I willl keep doing all that stuff and when the pox are dry hit them red lightt (worried about MB and red light together - wasn't there something about that?)). Then topical vitamin E.

Yes I seem to remember that too. Sorry, that was meant to read red light once the pox's start clearing and perhaps dabbing some tea tree on as well. Yep Vit E too and if you are anywhere near West Mersea oysters are good there from memory....

OP
dd99

dd99

Yes, there are heaps of studies on their benefits in synergy. The comment that stuck in my mind was from the MitoLipin thread where someone wrote that together they could cause DNA damage - something about the oesophagus.

R

ratcheer

So sorry to hear this - I hear it can be maddening.

My daughter caught it in school about 6, but because she had been vaccinated it was a very mild case; she got spots, but no fever and most importantly no itching.

moss

That could explain why it makes me feel nauseous... I've ordered Benadryl cream express from the US, so should be here tomorrow.

Hi dd99
Hope the Benadryl cream is giving some relief and a few days on...... you are feeling a little better and cruising through poxsville like your son did....:chicken:

OP
dd99

dd99

Hi, moss, thanks for checking on me! I'm much, much better, thanks (mentally as well as physically). Pox crusting over, not much itching.

I've settled into a routine that really works for me:
Twice a day I bathe in baking soda, Epsom salts, methylene blue and oats. Straight afterwards, red light for 10 or so minutes (redlightman's red and infrared device). Then I slather aloe vera liquid all over (I found a couple of great ones that have virtually no additives).

The red light and aloe prompted the biggest improvement.

Our poor little three month old caught it, too - really badly - but he's been stoic. GP insisted on antibiotics in case of secondary infections. Oh, well - at least he's still breast fed.

moss

Hi, moss, thanks for checking on me! I'm much, much better, thanks (mentally as well as physically). Pox crusting over, not much itching.

I've settled into a routine that really works for me:
Twice a day I bathe in baking soda, Epsom salts, methylene blue and oats. Straight afterwards, red light for 10 or so minutes (redlightman's red and infrared device). Then I slather aloe vera liquid all over (I found a couple of great ones that have virtually no additives).

The red light and aloe prompted the biggest improvement.

Our poor little three month old caught it, too - really badly - but he's been stoic. GP insisted on antibiotics in case of secondary infections. Oh, well - at least he's still breast fed.

That's great to hear dd99, thanks so much for the feedback. Very helpful for others.
I was going to suggest Aloe vera topically, and baking soda mixed with water into a paste and applied to pox's directly - you are covered well and truly!
Really good to hear the red light and Aloe have contributed to the biggest improvement and I think you are wise not to muck around with your three month old.
Spurred on by you I have added MB to the bath the past couple of nights and slept like a baby, thanks.

Kray

Don't know if the pox is still active and needs help, but here is a link for homeopathic treatment, along with some diy. An older article, but just about any word search under the topic will bring up the usual "list" of remedies. Pick a remedy (starting with Pulsatilla, the #1 choice in general for c-pox) that best fits your symptoms; dose according to severity, taper off as improvement is seen. Most remedies can be found at your local health food store (if in USA). If in Europe, it should be even easier to find these.

Homeopathic treatment of Chicken Pox by Dr Taylor

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals