Chicken Neck — Thyroid and PUFA

Robert5493

You didn’t offend at all! I thought it was a good lesson. That thyroid is nearly nothing.
Ok good to know, thank you.
I could have been more sensitive though and known better. My daughter is strongly affected by such imagery.

It has been surprisingly difficult to find average thyroid gland sizes.
The best table I've found thus far is this one,
which gives an idea of sizes in various species, and just how little one would be getting from the smaller animals.

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 12.04.52 PM.png

Last edited:
Ok good to know, thank you.
I could have been more sensitive though and known better. My daughter is strongly affected by such imagery.

It has been surprisingly difficult to find average thyroid gland sizes.
The best table I've found thus far is this one,
which gives an idea of sizes in various species, and just how little one would be getting from the smaller animals.

View attachment 42386
You are doing great, it didn’t make me queasy. It is the kinda thing that gets attention. I wondered for a couple of years now about the thyroid in chicken necks, and have even emailed a couple of companies. They did say they don’t remove them, but that the gland gets destroyed in the separation of the neck and body and now I see why. It looks like fish heads are gonna be my only option, cause it sure isn’t gonna be squirrels! Interesting how big the thyroid is in the cats.