Chicken broth instead of gelatin acceptable?

Peatmythy

I don't eat beef or pork products. I do eat poultry and seafood.

I was trying to figure out what to use instead of gelatin since I can't find poultry exclusive gelatin. Would chicken broth be acceptable? And have the same benefits? Also is gelatin necessary outside of eating muscle meats?

tara

:welcome Peatmythy
You can make a strong jelly broth out of chicken feet, or you can use other gelatinous parts too. The biggest problem with chicken, as far as I know, is the high PUFA content of its fat. If you remove the fat off the top of the broth when it's cooled, you remove most of the problem. I think the gelatine can be valuable even if not eating muscle meat - it can help balance other protein sources too, including milk, and the glycine and some of the other amno acids in gelatine are valuable for lots of things. But if you are eating chicken and fish, then you probably are eating muscle meat.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P After Cooking Cartilage Broth Should I Eat The Chicken Feet Too? Digestion, Gut Flora 8
lvysaur Does chicken digest faster than beef? Meat 4
F Dosing Thyroid From Chicken Necks? Ask For Help or Advice 2
SOMO Chicken Meat ACE-Inhibitors Peptides Scientific Studies 1
paulwalkerrip Separating Chicken Fat From Stock? Broth, Stocks 3
A Meat, Chicken And B Vits Making My Gut Bloated And Noisy Ask For Help or Advice 5
pauljacob Chicken Fed Soy Meal Increase Estrogen In The Body Animals 8
A Using Sheep Neck Soup Instead Of Chicken Neck Soup Thyroid and Hormones 1
L Chicken Liver Instead Of Beef/Lamb Liver? Organ Meat 11
L Ray Peat Eats Fried Chicken Wings? Fats 28
E Chicken And Eggs Intake Associated With Anti-androgenic Phthalate Intake Scientific Studies 21
vulture Did You Ask For Gelatin? Chicken Feet Recipes 0
Dessert_All_Day Jordan Peterson's Chicken And Broccoli Diet Miscellaneous Health Discussions 53
R Pufa Content Chicken Vs Pork Ask For Help or Advice 8
P Chicken Soup Really Is Good For The Soul: "comfort Food" Fulfills The Need To Belong Articles & Scientific Studies 5
ShirtTieFitness Sautéed Garlic Chicken Thai Green Curry Over Sticky Rice Recipes 0
C OJ + Chicken Drumstick + Hard Physical Work = Low Blood Sugar Blood Sugar 4
B Stock From Chicken Feet Recipes 21
Let Go Subway's Soy Chicken Miscellaneous 2
yerrag Fish And Chicken And Pork And Avocadoes Diet 22
T It Takes A Long Time To Pick The Bones Out Of Chicken Feet Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 0
P Effects Of Chicken Essence On Recovery From Mental Fatigue In Healthy Males Articles & Scientific Studies 12
L Chicken Liver "Farofa" Recipes 0
sunmountain Calling all chicken neck soup lovers... Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 6
F How Ray Peat Makes Chicken Stock Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 21
T high amount of chicken Meat 9
R Beef Liver/ Chicken Liver? Organ Meat 35
Strongbad Substitutes for oysters and chicken necks? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 22
Y how to make chicken neck soup? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 3
Daimyo Eating chicken and human temperature Meat 16
sunmountain cream of chicken soup Recipes 4
S Chicken Farmer Uses Oregano Oil, Cinnamon in Place of Antibiotics Miscellaneous Health Discussions 6
lindsay Chicken Soup for the "Peatarian" soul Diet, Recipes 3
A Chicken Neck Potato Soup! Recipes 0
E How To Depufa Chicken Meat 5
lvysaur Pastured Chicken/pork - Safe Or No? Meat 7
H Fish heads and chicken necks, oh my! Diet, Recipes 6
W Milk, chicken, starch, eggs... Diet, Recipes 21
R Is Chicken Breast Really That Bad? Meat 32
N Chicken Meat 33
G Fertilized vs Unfertilized Chicken Eggs Kmud Interview: Oct.10, 2010 - Sugar II [Clipped.I 0
Ben Stone White button mushrooms as an optimal dinner meal with bone broth? Diet 13
GelatinGoblin I've Got A Few KG Of Turkey Neck -- How Many Hours To Simmer For A Good Gelatinous Broth? Broth, Stocks 3
Inaut Ray Peat Q&A - Insulin Resistance, Vegans, Low Cortisol, Bone Broth, And Coconut! W/ Jodelle Interviews 14
L Is Store Bought Beef Broth Ok? Diet 0
Peatogenic Fish Head Broth Recipes 2
A Greens Broth: Best Addition To My Diet Thus Far Ask For Help or Advice 13
L A New Study Examining The Heavy Metal Content Of Bone Broth Broth, Stocks 2
C Ginger, Lemongrass And Kaffir Lime Leaves Broth (don't Eat The Leaves)? Spices 1
Elchapchapchapo Bone Broth + Collagen + Optional Aspirin Nighttime Drink Recipes 2