Chewable Snacks

Nick810

So I eat constantly throughout the day... but I need stuff to "chew on". Dried fruit is good, like dried apricots or mangos. And some haribo is ok, but very calorie dense. Any other ideas for some munchies?

Ray-Z

This idea is probably not practical, but...

If you can find small squid or octopi, it would be fun to fry them in coconut oil with salt or perhaps some gluten-free, traditionally fermented soy sauce, and then eat them as snacks. I also like oysters as a snack, when I can find good ones.

You would want to eat or drink something carby with either of these snacks to avoid a crash in blood sugar.

cliff

Mission chicharrones or similar brand

Ray-Z

cliff said:
Mission chicharrones or similar brand

I looked up the nutritional information on Mission chicharrones. 0.5 g of PUFA per serving; 10% of the fat is PUFA (about the same % as for olive oil).

I love pork rinds (chicharrones) so much that if I bought them, I'd finish the bag in one sitting (around 4 g of PUFA). But for people with some semblance of self-discipline, chicharrones may be a good idea.

nwo2012

kettlebell said:
http://www.honestchips.com/about-honest-chips/

Honest Chips - 100% organic and fried only in coconut oil then doused in salt.

Yes these look good, Im going to have some sent to Oz. I like chewing on cheese personally. Im working nightshift just now, lots of cheese to chew on.

nwo2012

kettlebell said:
I like chewing on cheese personally. Im working nightshift just now, lots of cheese to chew on.

Hahaha, For some reason this really made me laugh.

Lol and your reply has now somehow made me laugh, picturing myself doing it. :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals