Chewable Snacks

Discussion in 'Eating Out, On The Run, Restaurants, Grocery Store' started by Nick810, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Nick810

Nick810 Member

So I eat constantly throughout the day... but I need stuff to "chew on". Dried fruit is good, like dried apricots or mangos. And some haribo is ok, but very calorie dense. Any other ideas for some munchies?

2. Ray-Z

Ray-Z Member

This idea is probably not practical, but...

If you can find small squid or octopi, it would be fun to fry them in coconut oil with salt or perhaps some gluten-free, traditionally fermented soy sauce, and then eat them as snacks. I also like oysters as a snack, when I can find good ones.

You would want to eat or drink something carby with either of these snacks to avoid a crash in blood sugar.

3. cliff

cliff Member

Mission chicharrones or similar brand

4. Ray-Z

Ray-Z Member

I looked up the nutritional information on Mission chicharrones. 0.5 g of PUFA per serving; 10% of the fat is PUFA (about the same % as for olive oil).

I love pork rinds (chicharrones) so much that if I bought them, I'd finish the bag in one sitting (around 4 g of PUFA). But for people with some semblance of self-discipline, chicharrones may be a good idea.

5. kettlebell

kettlebell Member

6. nwo2012

nwo2012 Member

Yes these look good, Im going to have some sent to Oz. I like chewing on cheese personally. Im working nightshift just now, lots of cheese to chew on.

7. OP
    Nick810

Nick810 Member

Yep Honest Chips are great.

8. kettlebell

kettlebell Member

Hahaha, For some reason this really made me laugh.

9. nwo2012

nwo2012 Member

Lol and your reply has now somehow made me laugh, picturing myself doing it. :D