Chest/throat Tightness After Eating

EIRE24

After eating at times I experience a tightening of the chest and also throat. At times it feels like I am getting a heart attack and my throat feels like there is food stuck in it or that there is a lump in my throat.

I have tried raising stomach acid and this has not helped as I thought maybe it was gerd. I also get a migraine and very heavy pulse when this happens.

Has anyone experienced something similar or can give an explanation for what is happening?

Thanks,
Eire.

lampofred

I get this too. I think it's related to low CO2/hyperventilation and excess lactic acid causing smooth muscle tension but I don't think Peat himself has ever talked about it.

OP
E

EIRE24

I get this too. I think it's related to low CO2/hyperventilation and excess lactic acid causing smooth muscle tension but I don't think Peat himself has ever talked about it.
Possibly could be this. I thought it was at first low stomach acid so tried things like ACV, HCL and the like and it never helped. I started eating some greek yogurt last week and I noticed that it totally eliminated the pain and problems but then I began to break out in acne all over my face and the cystic kind so I had to stop. It started again after I ate some potatoes. I seriously am struggling with it and have no clue what to do to fix it?

Seems like a fancy antacid. How is that curative?
It's very soothing and will help the acute problem. It can probably help with figuring out if it's a gastritis issue as well.

OP
E

EIRE24

What would you suggest or think it is @lisaferraro . I am going to try the gaviscon purely because I know that yogurt helped me out recently but it gave me terrible acne.

L

lollipop

What would you suggest or think it is @lisaferraro . I am going to try the gaviscon purely because I know that yogurt helped me out recently but it gave me terrible acne.
I have found this product mentioned on the Travis thread. I read the science about it and though a probiotic it isolates the stomach and has only one strain in it. It stopped my pain fast. But I used more than only one per day. I actually feel like I am healing now using NOTHING else besides my own homemade bone broth and occasional digestive enzyme. Here is the product:

BioGaia Gastrus – BioGaia

I bought on Amazon. Well researched and used by MIT in rat research.

Personally, I would try this before the product Such mentioned. Away from food you can have 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in 3-4 ounces of water. 2 hours after food one hour before food.

Edit: I high dosed in the beginning and then backed off. AND fair warning, not an inexpensive product.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals