So I remember I was a kid and I had these intense chest pain where I couldn't even walk from the pain - did the MRI and all the tests and everything was fine.
[ It's also at the opposite side of the chest - the whole back area ]

It's also some feeling of stiffness like I cannot move/rotate/inhale fully or do anything.
After that It happened to my twice with that intensity and many many times with much lower intensity. It is especially potent after waking up. Or eating junk food and funnily mixing some butter and sugar/honey for example.

Now I started using doxycycline for the first time and that pain is increasing - Doxy strangely help for a few hours but then it comes back with the vengeance. Which didn't happened for years before using doxy.
So I'm wondering about the mechanism here. I am not clear at all. Could it be that it is killing some fungus and bacteria that are located in the chest/back area or is it just increasing the stiffness of my arteries and blood vessels trough some other mechanism?

Would this be a symptom of arterial stiffness?

1 day: 100mg doxy
2 day: 300mg doxy
3 day: 200mg doxy

Nicole W.

So I remember I was a kid and I had these intense chest pain where I couldn't even walk from the pain - did the MRI and all the tests and everything was fine.
[ It's also at the opposite side of the chest - the whole back area ]

It's also some feeling of stiffness like I cannot move/rotate/inhale fully or do anything.
After that It happened to my twice with that intensity and many many times with much lower intensity. It is especially potent after waking up. Or eating junk food and funnily mixing some butter and sugar/honey for example.

Now I started using doxycycline for the first time and that pain is increasing - Doxy strangely help for a few hours but then it comes back with the vengeance. Which didn't happened for years before using doxy.
So I'm wondering about the mechanism here. I am not clear at all. Could it be that it is killing some fungus and bacteria that are located in the chest/back area or is it just increasing the stiffness of my arteries and blood vessels trough some other mechanism?

Would this be a symptom of arterial stiffness?

1 day: 100mg doxy
2 day: 300mg doxy
3 day: 200mg doxy
Sure it‘s not Costochronditis? That can last for years and the symptoms are similar. I think some people are prone to it and have recurring symptoms. It’s basically inflammation of the cartilage between your ribs. The pain can radiate around the back.

Regina

Sure it‘s not Costochronditis? That can last for years and the symptoms are similar. I think some people are prone to it and have recurring symptoms. It’s basically inflammation of the cartilage between your ribs. The pain can radiate around the back.
That was my first thought.
I've had costchondritis as well as thoracic outlet syndrome (so I was told).

I would try Kuinone.

Have you had your PTH level tested? And good ole thyroid panel.
I'd also be inclined to take cortinon, aspirin and magnoil along with the kuinone.

Nicole W.

I would try Kuinone.

I'd also be inclined to take cortinon, aspirin and magnoil along with the kuinone.
I’ve had it too. Not fun, that’s for sure. Also, I forgot to say earlier that if he is experiencing bloating, either from disagreeable food or endotoxin die-off from Abx, then the bloat could further place pressure on the rib cage causing more pain.

OP
UG Krishnamurti

I would try Kuinone.

I’ve had it too. Not fun, that’s for sure. Also, I forgot to say earlier that if he is experiencing bloating, either from disagreeable food or endotoxin die-off from Abx, then the bloat could further place pressure on the rib cage causing more pain.
Hey guys! Thanks for responding.

I am not sure about Costochondritis, someone advised it could be Pleurisy and it makes more sense. I would say my pain is now bellow the nipple and my whole right rib cage area but I think when I'm in a full-blown inflammation mode my middle chest is not inflamed.

I am using Thorne VIT D+K for 2 months already but I will order Kuinone this month.

Didn't check my PTH and Thyroid. I don't know if it matters but I am very low on stress for a year ever since eating a lot of fruits and OJ.

I don't experience any bloating although I do have some hernia which makes my stomach appears bigger but I've had that for more than a year and it didn't cause any problems.

I've been using carrot salad and mushrooms for more than half of a year 99% percent of the time so I don't have any digestion problems atm.

What is your opinion on continuing this doxycycline. My idea was pushing to 10 days 200mg a day [I'm on day 4] or stopping it? I feel maybe they started something and It might even be worse to stop it half way. But then again it might do some more damage I am not sure.

Last edited:

Nicole W.

If you don’t have digestive issues then why use the doxy? The carrot salad is already like an antibiotic and if you have no other signs of digestive distress or bacterial issues then why would you go this route. I think anti inflammatories might be a better option. Aspirin might be worth a try or if you are into natural health, boswellia.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
If you don’t have digestive issues then why use the doxy? The carrot salad is already like an antibiotic and if you have no other signs of digestive distress or bacterial issues then why would you go this route. I think anti inflammatories might be a better option. Aspirin might be worth a try or if you are into natural health, boswellia.
Well that's long answer considering what Ray and Gerogi have said about doxy.

For years I have these joint pains, chest pains and general inflammation in the body but most importantly tinnitus and some constant ear problems. So considering Ray said that Doxy is just more potent VIT K I've seen no problems in taking it. They've also stated it is anti cancer, anti estrogen, DHT supportive, good for bones, liver improving, improving glucose metabolism, beneficial for mitochondria/energy and I've read the study where they claimed it can be used to tackle people with PTSD and considering I still have these underlying beliefs that stem from early childhood I consider it as just another bonus as to why should I try it :)

Hope that answers it! :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think trying stretching in every direction while standing and breathing in deeply and exhaling fully would be a good exercise to try. If it helps then great but if not it’s probably not coming from your pleural space. The stretching while inhaling and exhaling fully should help normalize any pressure disturbance in the pleural space if it’s the cause of your problem.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
I think trying stretching in every direction while standing and breathing in deeply and exhaling fully would be a good exercise to try. If it helps then great but if not it’s probably not coming from your pleural space. The stretching while inhaling and exhaling fully should help normalize any pressure disturbance in the pleural space if it’s the cause of your problem.
That's a good advice and I will try it.

I also have a branch in my backyard where I do some pull-ups so I can do some "hanging" while trying to breathe deeply.

Thanks <3