CHELATING HEAVY METALS

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Years ago I read that I could kill the toenail bed fungus that I acquired during my toxic mold exposure (never had it before that; the mold exposure was lengthy and extreme) -- and I tried topical colloidal silver on three toes that had bad fungus in the nail bed. I put wet cotton balls on my toes all night for two weeks, as the information I read said you should do. When they say don't take advice from the internet, they should point to this particular advice as advice not to take.
It didn't work; and apparently I absorbed a LOT of silver because I now have blue strips on all my fingernails above the moons (argyria, which you CAN get from colloidal silver if you are dumb enough to overuse it the way I did) and my left foot and left calf twitch and cramp pretty much 24 hours a day; I can only slow it down with huge doses of potassium (arrived at through experimentation with a number of minerals.) This is no longer a "new" phenomenon because it has been going on for years now. I need to chelate OUT the silver and have never found any way to do that. “

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Silver's wide variety of uses allows exposure through various routes of entry into the body. Ingestion is the primary route of entry for silver compounds and colloidal silver proteins (Silver, 2003). Inhalation of dusts or fumes containing silver occurs primarily in occupational settings (ATSDR, 1990). Skin contact occurs in occupational settings (ATSDR, 1990), from the application of burn creams (Wan et al., 1991) and from contact with jewelry (Catsakis and Sulica, 1978). Silver can also gain entry into the body through the use of acupuncture needles (Sato et al., 1999), catheters (Saint et al., 2000), dental amalgams (Catsakis and Sulica, 1978), or accidental puncture wounds (Rongioletti et al., 1992).

Soluble silver compounds are more readily absorbed than metallic or insoluble silver (Rosenman et al., 1979, 1987; HSE, 1998) and thus have the potential to produce adverse effects on the human body (Weir, 1979). Acute symptoms of overexposure to silver nitrate are decreased blood pressure, diarrhea, stomach irritation and decreased respiration. Chronic symptoms from prolonged intake of low doses of silver salts are fatty degeneration of the liver and kidneys and changes in blood cells (Venugopal and Luckey, 1978). Long-term inhalation or ingestion of soluble silver compounds or colloidal silver may cause argyria and/or argyrosis (Nordberg and Gerhardsson, 1988; Fung and Bowen, 1996; Gulbranson et al., 2000). Soluble silver compounds are also capable of accumulating in small amounts in the brain and in muscles (Fung and Bowen, 1996). Silver in any form is not thought to be toxic to the immune, cardiovascular, nervous, or reproductive systems (ATSDR, 1990) and is not considered to be carcinogenic (Furst and Schlauder, 1978).“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In 1965, researchers found that rabbits injected with an extremely high dose of aluminium developed toxic tau tangles in their brains. This led to speculation that aluminium from cans, cookware, processed foods and even the water supply could be causing dementia. The ability of this high dose aluminium to induce tau tangles, increase amyloid levels and contribute to the development of plaques has been shown in laboratory experiments on animals.

Importantly, these results were only seen with extremely high exposures that far exceed the levels that can enter the body through food or potentially through contact with aluminium cookware.“

P

Peatness

“In 1965, researchers found that rabbits injected with an extremely high dose of aluminium developed toxic tau tangles in their brains. This led to speculation that aluminium from cans, cookware, processed foods and even the water supply could be causing dementia. The ability of this high dose aluminium to induce tau tangles, increase amyloid levels and contribute to the development of plaques has been shown in laboratory experiments on animals.

Importantly, these results were only seen with extremely high exposures that far exceed the levels that can enter the body through food or potentially through contact with aluminium cookware.“

They don't mention vaccines and chemtrails.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Oxalic acid is the most acidic organic acid in body fluids and is used commercially to remove rust from car radiators. Substances like antifreeze (ethylene glycol) is toxic primarily because it is converted to oxalate. Oxalates may also function as chelating agents and may chelate many toxic metals such as mercury and lead. Unlike other chelating agents, oxalates trap heavy metals in the tissues.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Besides convenience, there are some good reasons to grow your own herbs and spices. In Consumer Reports tests, roughly a third of the store-bought spices they looked at were found to contain enough potentially dangerous heavy metals to raise health concerns when regularly consumed in typical serving sizes.

There were three more problematic store-bought herbs:

•Basil
•Thyme
•Oregano”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“A diet of milk and fruit, or milk and meat, provides a nutritional balance with generous amounts of calcium and magnesium. Leafy vegetables are a very rich source of magnesium, but they are also a potential source of large amounts of lead and other toxins. -Ray Peat

Kram

I shared this in another thread but will share again here. I bought this ebook and found it very informative. I think heavy metals and low minerals (due to mineral depleted soil) is probably at the root of many peoples health issues. I have had a lot of problems with brain fog and concentrating for close to 20 years and they are finally clearing up. Had tried just about everything (hyperbaric oxygen, neurofeedback, nootropics, peptides, b-vitamins, serotonin antagonists etc.). My temps yesterday just sitting at my desk were over 100. It was nuts.

gabys225

If one does a quick search of @burtlancast 's wonderful posts on chelation you will find all the information you need. DMPS is a fantastic chelator, as is EDTA, but the form varies depending on what you're trying to get rid of. These chelators have been used safely in Germany for more than 50 years. I have used both to great effect. Mineralizing is very important, but in a critical condition, sometimes the best thing to do is chelate THEN mineralize. Using a combination of hair/urine/toenail testing would give someone a good idea of what they were up against and which agent to use.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I use to drink wheat grass juice often, 20 years ago, and today I pressed some with watermelon and boy was that ever the sweetest tastiest juice!…

“Wheatgrass helps remove toxic heavy metals (lead, mercury, aluminum) that have become stored in the tissues. Wheatgrass juice helps to increase the enzyme level in our cells, which aids in the rejuvenation of the body.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Although Clive McKay's studies of life extension through caloric restriction were done in the 1930s, only a few studies have been done to find out which nutrients' restriction contributes most to extending the life span. Restricting toxic heavy metals, without restricting calories, produces about the same life-extending effect as caloric restriction. Restricting only tryptophan, or only cysteine, produces a greater extension of the life span than achieved in most of the studies of caloric restriction. How great would be the life-span extension if both tryptophan and cysteine were restricted at the same time?“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In addition to being less likely to have detectable pesticide levels, organically grown vegetables were also less likely to test for cadmium. This dangerous heavy metal builds up in the liver and kidneys due to variations in fertilization methods.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“We determined the concentrations of toxic and essential elements in rice and other grains (lentils, barleys, beans, oats, wheat, and peas) grown in the United States (US) and other countries using Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICPMS). Results showed that median concentrations (in µg/kg) for toxic elements in white rice from the US were 131, 2.8, and 6.5 for arsenic (As), lead (Pb), and cadmium (Cd), respectively. White rice from Thailand, India, and Italy showed higher median toxic elements concentrations (in µg/kg) of 155 for As, 3.6 for Pb, and 8.4 for Cd, than for white rice from the US. Brown rice from the US showed median concentrations (in µg/kg) of 217 (As), 4.5 (Pb), and 17.4 (Cd) while other grains showed median concentrations (in µg/kg) of 5.4, 4.6, and 6.7 for these elements, respectively. None of the samples exceeded the codex standards set for Pb (200 μg/kg in cereals and pulses) and Cd (100 μg/kg in cereals/pulses and 400 μg/kg in polished rice). However, brown rice and one white rice sample did exceed the codex standard for As (200 μg/kg). Essential elements were higher in other grains than in white and brown rice. These findings suggest that alternating or coupling rice with other grains in one’s diet could reduce exposure to toxic metals while providing more essential elements to rice diet.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“…also protects against iron overload in the brain by acting as a chelator (but not so good for people low in iron)”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In certain situations, molybdenum can help reduce the levels of copper in the body. This process is being investigated as a treatment for some chronic diseases.

Excess dietary molybdenum has been shown to result in copper deficiency in ruminant animals, such as cows and sheep.

Due to the specific anatomy of ruminants, molybdenum and sulfur combine in them to form compounds called thiomolybdates. These prevent the ruminants from absorbing copper.

This is not thought to be a nutritional concern for humans, since the human digestive system is different.

However, the same chemical reaction has been used to develop a compound called tetrathiomolybdate (TM).

TM has the ability to reduce copper levels and is being researched as a potential treatment for Wilson’s disease, cancer and multiple sclerosis (29Trusted Source, 30Trusted Source, 31Trusted Source, 32Trusted Source, 33Trusted Source, 34Trusted Source).”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“At certain times, especially childhood and old age, iron (which also has important regulatory roles) accumulates to the point that its signal functions may be inappropriate.
It interacts with estrogen and unsaturated fats in ways that can change restraint and adaptation into sudden self-destruction, apoptotic cell death.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The consumer advocacy nonprofit tested 28 different dark chocolate bars from popular brands. They found that all but five of them contained high enough levels of contaminants that eating an ounce per day could put an adult over the levels typically considered safe.

Chocolate from brands including Tony's, Lindt, Hershey's, and Hu were found to contain comparatively high levels of lead.

Exposure to lead is linked to cognitive impairment, particularly in children, since it can lead to developmental issues and lower IQ. It can also cause reproductive problems in adults, as well as high blood pressure and neurological issues, according to the Mayo Clinic.”

HighT

What about organic cocoa powder in milk? Is it still high in iron? I saw you writing chocolate is high iron in another thread.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
What about organic cocoa powder in milk? Is it still high in iron? I saw you writing chocolate is high iron in another thread.
All cocoa is high in iron, but no more than meat. Fortunately milk and caffeine blocks it’s absorption, so I pair my chocolate with a glass of milk and sometimes put a teaspoon of instant coffee granules in it for extra good measure. So your chocolate milk is good!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Regular good light exposure is probably important for preventing the displacement of copper by iron.” - Ray Peat