Cheese?

sprinter

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could explain why fermented cheese gets a pass, but all other fermented foods are bad? Also, are Wild Fermented Foods any better then foods fermented with a starter culture. I eat allot of whole fruit instead of fruit juice and I'm wondering if I should be including a bit of fermented food in my diet since I do consume more fiber? I've been eating Bubbies' Pickles.

Thank you

Mittir

Unlike yogurt and Kefir, in cheese making process lactic acid is removed after initial
fermentation. Lactic acid is the source of the problem. You can eat strained/greek
yogurt where lactic acid is removed.

sprinter

Thank you for the response.

How is the lactic acid in a cheese (say aged around 60 days) removed? Would the lactic acid in wild fermented pickles be removed as well if they have been aged for around 60 days?

Also, does this mean that a well-aged pasteurized cheese with added cultures should be ok too, as long as there are no vegetable enzymes added?

Is kerrygold cultured butter (the one in the silver wrapping) ok? or should I get the uncultured salted one (gold wapping)?

Thank you.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Super quick and easy cottage and mozzarella cheese recipes for lazy people? Diet 5
M Do ice cream, cheese, yogurt , cream and other dairy products come from vitamin fortified milk? Dairy 41
R Copper in Parmesan and other Cheese Diet 4
tankasnowgod Milk, OJ, Cottage Cheese, Yogurt..... Does Temperature of these foods matter? Digestion 36
S Thoughts on Casein protein vs cheese or milk? Diet 7
Velve921 My Latest Mushroom/Cheese Combo. So Dynamite Rant or Rave 8
raysputin Baked Farmer's Cheese Recipes 4
G Cheese Lowest In Lactic Acid Diet, Recipes 15
M Easy Cheese Soup Recipes 1
metabolizm Best UK Brands Of Milk, Cheese, And OJ? Diet, Recipes 26
L How Do You Get Enough Salt If You Don't Like Cheese? Diet 12
A Comercially Sold Cheese? Ask For Help or Advice 1
Xemnoraq PUFA Free (fat Free Cheese) For Calcium And Protein Fats 0
YamnayaMommy Instapot CARAMEL From Liquid Whey Leftover From Cottage Cheese Cheese 0
P Is Cheese As Healthy As Milk? Diet 46
teds Sweating Fat Out Of Cheese Diet 10
YamnayaMommy Nutritional Value Of Whey Liquid Discarded From Making Cottage Cheese? Diet 5
Cameron Thoughts On Mediterranean Foods Like Pepperoncini And Olives With Cheese Diet, Recipes 2
P How Is Friendship Cottage Cheese Not Getting Sued? Dairy 30
TheSir How Well Could I Thrive On Just Bread, Cheese And Coffee? Ask For Help or Advice 12
jzeno Tillamook Cheese, OJ, Coffee, Aspirin, Coconut Oil Are The Foods That Shot My Body Temperature Up Testimonials 10
Johhny Tazzle CheesE Diet 0
L Cottage Cheese And Lactose Cheese 0
P Cottage Cheese And Fruits Or Milk And Sugar ? Diet 1
mayweatherking Peat Friendly Cheese At A Reasonable Price? Ask For Help or Advice 6
ddjd Cheese Good For Gallbladder? Ask For Help or Advice 2
L Butter/Cheese And Advanced Glycation End Productions Working Through Milk Issues 7
T How Fermentation Gives Us Beer, Wine, Cheese—and Cancer? Scientific Studies 0
C Cottage Cheese And Acne Diet 2
Johhny Tazzle Cheese Versus Ice Cream Diet 13
biggirlkisss Lowering Fat Of Store Brought Cheese Ask For Help or Advice 4
Brian fitusi Cheese Sticks For My Daughter Diet 6
bionicheart Cottage Cheese & Fresh Flax Seed Oil Cures Cancer Cancer 87
Amazoniac The Consequences Of Cheese As A Main Source Of Protein Cheese 194
kayumochi Eating Cheese Every Day May Actually Be Good For You Cheese 0
G Acidity Of Cheese An Issue? Cheese 2
I Where Do You Find Cottage Cheese Without Guar Gum? Diet, Recipes 8
G Is Veg/Microbial Rennet In Cheese Okay If Well Tolerated? Cheese 0
S Is There A Limit To How Much You Can Eat A Day Of Things Like: Cheese/butter Etc Ask For Help or Advice 18
G Anti-caking Agent In The Salt In Cheese/butter An Issue? Ask For Help or Advice 1
O Lactic Starters In Cheese? Dairy, Eggs 0
C Is There Any Need To Eat Cheese, Hagen Daz Etc Dairy 13
walker_in_aus Hard Cheese Gives Me Face Sweats? Ask For Help or Advice 1
S Endotoxins In Cheese Cheese 7
M My Hair Becomes More Robust When I Eat A Lot Of Cheese Danny Roddy 22
P Ginger Milk Curd - Cheese Recipe Using Ginger As Rennet - Fresh Ginger May Improve Protein Digestion Cheese 3
A Cheese: The Secret To A Longer Life And Faster Metabolism? Cheese 0
P Spermidine, Found In Cheese And Semen, Extends Lifespan Of Mice And May Work For Humans Articles & Scientific Studies 11
B Cheese Quesadilla Peat Approved? Diet 0
D Natamycin And Cheese Cheese 4