Cheese And Crackers, What To Replace Crackers With?

barbwirehouse

I like cheese but not unless I've got something crunchy and tasteless like a cracker to pair it with. :lol:

What can I replace crackers with on a Peat diet, or at least how to make cheese more palatable? Sadly, all the crackers I have and I've seen consist of two major ingredients, wheat or rice flours + vegetable oil.

tara

Slices of potato baked in coconut oil? Not crunchy, but as starches go, one of the more benign ones, unless you are nightshade in tolerant or better off without starches.
Or slices of cucumber? Apple for crunch? Some people have trouble with the fibre, so it might not be ideal, but better than PUFAs.
Unfortuately, aged cheeses don't agree with me, or I'd eat a lot o them.
Fresh cheese can make good cheesecake, nice with stewed fruit.

4peatssake

You could also deep fry in coconut oil the potato slices tara mentioned to make them crunchy and top with cheese.

Another possibility is deep fry or bake in coconut oil homemade tortilla chips using masa harina. They are yummy.

Homemade Corn Tortillas and Tortilla Chips

HDD

If you eat sprouted wheat, the tortillas brushed with oil and baked make good chips.

ivy

I eat cheese with sliced raw carrot. If I'm having cottage cheese or a bland variety, I might add a little salt and oregano.

johnwester130

I like cheese but not unless I've got something crunchy and tasteless like a cracker to pair it with. :lol:

What can I replace crackers with on a Peat diet, or at least how to make cheese more palatable? Sadly, all the crackers I have and I've seen consist of two major ingredients, wheat or rice flours + vegetable oil.

oat crackers or jackson tortilla chips

How To Add Coconut Oil To EVERYTHING

Strangely enough. Matzoh. If you can get it. Read the label but there are traditional ones with only white flour salt and that's all.

chrismeyers

If you absolutely have to have bread, go with a no fat and no added sugar sourdough, not made from yeast if possible. The Essential Baking company in Seattle produces an organic sourdough like this:

http://essentialbaking.com/breads/artisan-sliced/fremont-sourdough/

You can find something similar. For a more available non organic version of that just make a run to your local Panera. Ask for a loaf of sliced sourdough. Paneras Sourdough is close to perfect. No oils no sugars no fat. The only dings on it are that its not organic, they use enriched flour (I prefer no fake vitamins), and that it is a partially yeasted sourdough. But it digests so well for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals