Check Out The New Ray Peat Forum Portal!

Discussion in 'Ray Peat Forum Announcements' started by charlie, Nov 25, 2012.

1. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

I am pretty excited about this addition to the forum and I hope some of you will be too! There is a ton of great features inside the portal. Used correctly, it will streamline your user experience. I am still in the process of tweaking it a bit, but for the most part it is ready to go.

Please check it out and let me know what you think!

:partydance

portal.php

2. narouz

narouz Member

It pretty cool!
    I love the whole Portal thing.
    But could you add a tiny door feature,
    which opens to a tunnel and
    deposits one on the side of the NJ freeway, please?

3. narouz

narouz Member

And I love that clock.
    It even has a reflection on its glass.

4. OP
    charlie

:confused

:toiletclaw <--------Hows that?

:rolling

5. narouz

narouz Member

You can't fool me.
    That does not lead to Malkovitch's brain and the Jersey plains!

6. SheilaHelm1

SheilaHelm1 Member

Production Manager, Publishing Company
    Just a quick post to say what a great idea the new portal is. Just one thing though what are the chances of adding a 'like comment' button for those of us who are a bit too uneducated to post clever comments but who appreciate those who post valuable and inciteful information. ( I think Narouz and Charlie would be up there with the most likes). If this is way too facebooky of a suggestion, I understand and will 'wrap up' Love y'all xx :oops:

7. OP
    charlie

Sheila, Glad you like the new portal! I am really excited about it.

I actually have a "thanks" system installed. But, with the board style we are running, "Absolution", I am having problems getting it to work. If you change your style over to "Prosilver" you will see that its working. This style we are using, Absolution, is a custom style. So anytime I go and install any modifications it can get really complicated. And with the Thanks system, its really complicated. So for now, I have abandoned it. In the future, I will try and tackle it again, or, if I get extra funds I can have a programmer finish the install for me. As you, I do think this "thanks" system would be really great.

For now I have taken a break on any new modifications due to taking some time for me to rest. I really need it. The only thing I have on the list is to clean up the navigation bar up at the top, soon as I can get to it but I am not in any rush to do any "coding" stuff at this point because it takes a lot out of me.

Oh, and you can change your board style in your user control panel under board preferences. I had planned on changing everyone over to the prosilver, because, it would be much easier for me when it comes to doing modification installs. But, the Absolution style looks a ton better then Prosilver. So that change might not ever happen.

8. SheilaHelm1

SheilaHelm1 Member

Production Manager, Publishing Company
    Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I totally understand that you need a rest from it all, you have put in so much work already... think I'm a bit obsessed with this forum now, I've still got so much more to read.... Happy resting xx ;)