Cheap Peaty Candy

rei

I recently came across woogie chewy sweets and looked up the ingredients online, and everything seems to be beneficial, even excellent for a candy..

Ingredients: sugar, glucose syrup, vegetable oil (palm), modified starch (maize), edible gelatin (from cattle), humectant: E422; flavourings, acid: E330; salt, colours: E100, E120, E163.

E422 is glycerol and E330 citric acid. The colors are curcumin, natural red 4 and anthocyanin. I give these candies 9/10 because they are delicious and healthy, while being the cheapest candy i have ever seen at 8euro/3kg. Missing point is from them not being the best candy i have ever tried.

Last edited:

Auslander

Dried figgs or dates.

The ones I buy are not really dry, they are very moist sweet as hell and delicious. And they have zero additives. None.

OP
R

rei

what is an additive? All the ingredients i listed are natural to me.

The figgs and dates possibly contain pesticides and contamination from the soil/fertilizer. They may also be sprayed with some preservative.

E163 is antithyroid

E120 is aluminium salt of Carminic acid. It is an anthraquinone. I don't know much about this particular anthraquinone.

E110 is probably ok. Could be serotonergic.

Palm oil is 10% PUFA.

Modified starch messes up gut flora.

Citric acid is called carcinogenic on this forum.

LucyL

Smashmallows
Organic Cane Sugar, Tapioca Syrup, Invert Sugar, Gelatin*, Water, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Sea Salt, Fruit and Vegetable Juice for Color, Tapioca Starch *Kosher Certified

Jem Oz

I'm on the hunt for a peaty candy in Australia. Bit sick of dates and need something for late arvo pick me up. Everything I inspect has a load of rubbish in them. Any ideas welcome.

Homemade hard candy

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom