Cheap EMF Reducing Trick

Chaos

Hello,

I recently purchased an EMF meter (gq-390) and noticed the place where my head lay on my bed was high in electrical fields (100.0+ V/m). I decided to try putting a piece of tinfoil behind my headboard to see if it reduced the field. The tin foil dropped the field to 0.1 V/m. When I removed the tinfoil, it jumped back to over 100 V/m.

My suggestion: tape tinfoil behind your headboard.

This is cheap, effective, and unnoticeable.

TKWW

Bravo! I use aluminum tape on the remote phone base. I made aluminum tape covers for these phones as well. I had the nylon screens in my home replaced with aluminum because the windows are a major area of infiltration.

Mauritio

So you suspect that the radiation comes from beghind you,right ? What if it comes from the sides, do you think it would help to cover the sockets and/or the wall in aluminium foil ?

Mauritio

I think he means Aluminium foil, since this is what you get even when you buy it even if it says tin foil .

Tin foil - Wikipedia

OP
Chaos

Chaos

So you suspect that the radiation comes from beghind you,right ? What if it comes from the sides, do you think it would help to cover the sockets and/or the wall in aluminium foil ?

Yes, mine comes from behind me as that's where the bed is up against the wall.
I'd imagine that covering the wall in foil would work as well!

OP
Chaos

Chaos

Bravo! I use aluminum tape on the remote phone base. I made aluminum tape covers for these phones as well. I had the nylon screens in my home replaced with aluminum because the windows are a major area of infiltration.
Great ideas

Mauritio

Would it make sense to cover a WIFI Router in aluminium foil ?

Mauritio

Yes, mine comes from behind me as that's where the bed is up against the wall.
I'd imagine that covering the wall in foil would work as well!
Great Ill go out and get some aluminum foil then :D

Mauritio

which side, matted or shining toward you, or doesn't matter?
I think it does not matter. But have not read anything specific about it...

OP
Chaos

Chaos

which side, matted or shining toward you, or doesn't matter?
It makes no difference in my testing.

The aluminum will drop any electric field down to practiacally zero V/m. I even tested a smart meter and it dropped it to zero.

Just fyi: the foil doesn't seem to effect electromagnetic fields, just electric fields. However, in my testing most fields we're exposed to are electric fields.

OP
Chaos

Chaos

Distance is important in limiting exposure to emf. If I moved my bed 12" or so from the wall, I won't detect the field anymore. However, this is not aesthetically pleasing and the foil seems to work just as well.

OP
Chaos

Chaos

Would it make sense to cover a WIFI Router in aluminium foil ?
It could drop your wifi signal. My router was high in emf and if I stayed 3 or 4 feet away it dropped to pretty insignificant levels.

Mauritio

It makes no difference in my testing.

The aluminum will drop any electric field down to practiacally zero V/m. I even tested a smart meter and it dropped it to zero.

Just fyi: the foil doesn't seem to effect electromagnetic fields, just electric fields. However, in my testing most fields we're exposed to are electric fields.
What devices emit electromagnetic fields?

Mauritio

It could drop your wifi signal. My router was high in emf and if I stayed 3 or 4 feet away it dropped to pretty insignificant levels.
I think its called sth like the inverse-square -law ,meaning the magnitude of the field decreases exponentially with increased distance...
BTW, I just put a few layer of aluminium foil over my router and it dropped connection from 5 bars to 4 ,thats it. But its in the other room so I should be fine if distance is really key .

Luann

Distance is important in limiting exposure to emf. If I moved my bed 12" or so from the wall, I won't detect the field anymore. However, this is not aesthetically pleasing and the foil seems to work just as well.

I prefer the 12" to using the foil! Great thread @Chaos.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom