Cheap and effective anti-cortisol supp/alternative to ashwaghanda

AndrogenicJB

I have taken ashwaghanda and it really gave me that idgaf feeling, I enjoyed it definatly but upon hearing about the side effects I won't be using it again as I don't want anhedonia. Are there any cheap anti-cortisol alternatives that are effective and can give you that complete control and at times not caring feeling. Is L-Theanine one of them or is there another?

OP
A

AndrogenicJB

Phosphatidylserine.

You're welcome.
I hear L-Theanine and Catuaba bark get thrown around here. Would you say PA is better than those for cortisol/serotonin etc and why? What dosage do you use it in? Anything else I need to know about it

Charger

I hear L-Theanine and Catuaba bark get thrown around here. Would you say PA is better than those for cortisol/serotonin etc and why? What dosage do you use it in? Anything else I need to know about it

If your goal is to lower cortisol, then yes, phosphatidylserine in my opinion is better than both of those. 300-600mg dose.

I usually get L-Theanine through my energy drinks, I think it's good paired with caffeine, but I've never noticed anything comparable to PS when using it in isolation.

Catuaba Bark is a DAT inhibitor, it's good for dopamine, not so much lowering cortisol in my experience.

Ismail

Phosphatidylserine.

You're welcome.
Yes phosphatidylserine is amazing!

I’ve used ashwaghanda ksm-66, L-theanine and phosphatidylserine.

Phosphatidylserine (PS) is amazing, initially I used a low dosage (following instructions on packet). But then I quit using it as it didn’t do anything for me. I later came across it again somewhere and I read that cortisol lowering effects came from around 600-800mg dosage a day (I used to split it: 300mg morning, 300mg afternoon and 200mg night time). After taking 800mg a day, I was flying, it’s amazing for stress/cortisol relief

PS also cleared my skin up so much, I wonder if it has any effects on endotoxin/gut related benefits too or perhaps lowering serotonin ?‍♂️

L-theanine is quite good for me too, but it only works for me when taken on an empty stomach.

You’re smart to avoid ashwaghanda as the negative anhedonia effects are just not worth it.

Momado965

I have taken ashwaghanda and it really gave me that idgaf feeling, I enjoyed it definatly but upon hearing about the side effects I won't be using it again as I don't want anhedonia. Are there any cheap anti-cortisol alternatives that are effective and can give you that complete control and at times not caring feeling. Is L-Theanine one of them or is there another?

What and which form of ashwagandha did you use?

Ismail

Please do let us know how you get on if you decide to try PS, ? thanks

Ismail

If your goal is to lower cortisol, then yes, phosphatidylserine in my opinion is better than both of those. 300-600mg dose.

I usually get L-Theanine through my energy drinks, I think it's good paired with caffeine, but I've never noticed anything comparable to PS when using it in isolation.

Catuaba Bark is a DAT inhibitor, it's good for dopamine, not so much lowering cortisol in my experience.

Do you still use PS?

Which brand(s) have you used? Thanks buddy.

Razvan

Hey man, do you have experience with this? I’ve been exploring this supplement for weeks and can’t work out if it’s too seretongenic to experiment with.
If it is the ze 117form you are good. It activates 7 times the dopamine receptor more than the serotonin receptor. The regular form doesn't do that. Some people get anxiety from it ,for others it is life changing. Also acts similar to beta blockers in lowering adrenaline possibly. I'm experimenting with it.
It's very good in detoxing the liver.

Jayvee

If it is the ze 117form you are good. It activates 7 times the dopamine receptor more than the serotonin receptor. The regular form doesn't do that. Some people get anxiety from it ,for others it is life changing. Also acts similar to beta blockers in lowering adrenaline possibly. I'm experimenting with it.
It's very good in detoxing the liver.

Thanks man ?

faxmulder

following this thread. I'm having a very difficult time between a break up after 5 years and other worries related to health and other stuff (lockdown doesn't help of course), thus I'm also searching for a natural supplement that could give the "not giving a **** attitude".
I'll further investigate in Phosphatidylserine.

bogbody

I had great results with Seriphos which is a PS supplement. It really helped my sleep. I used to wake up with extreme morning anxiety and it helped that too. Most people who take it say it works better than regular PS supps.

Mito

Thanks, these are very interesting studies and I don't think they have been posted on the forum before. Btw, that tumor-promoting lipid molecule the study talks about is phosphatidylserine (PS). PS stimulated tumor growth while neither phosphatidylcholine (PC) not dead cells by themselves had that effect. The study also says that chemotherapy on its own was useless and only when combined with blockade of PS it had therapeutic effects. So, chemotherapy (the way it is most commonly administered) is at best useless on its own and quite harmful (if done consistently enough to trigger blood accumulation of PS).
"...To determine the extent to which either apoptotic or necrotic cells contributed to debris-stimulated tumor growth, we used flow cytometry to cell sort debris into apoptotic (annexin V+ PI−), necrotic (annexin V− PI+), and living (annexin V− PI−) cell populations. Apoptotic cells from cisplatin-generated LLC or gemcitabine-generated PancOH7 debris potently stimulated tumor growth, whereas living cells isolated from debris exhibited minimal tumor-stimulatory activity (Fig. 2, A and B). Necrotic cells alone exhibited no apparent tumor-stimulatory activity (Fig. 2, A and B). Because apoptotic debris stimulated tumor growth, we asked whether PS, which is presented on the surface of apoptotic cells and is detected by annexin V, could be a molecular mediator of tumor stimulation by the debris. Coinjection of PS liposomes (Hosseini et al., 2015) in lieu of debris with a subthreshold inoculum of 104 living tumor cells, i.e., LLC, EL4, or PancOH7, stimulated tumor growth in a dose-dependent manner in comparison with phosphatidylcholine (PC) liposomes (Fig. 2, C–E). Additionally, blocking PS in the debris with an annexin V–recombinant protein or an anti-PS neutralizing antibody drastically, albeit not completely, suppressed debris-stimulated tumor growth in a dose-dependent manner (Fig. 2, F–H). Intriguingly, chemotherapy alone did not exhibit therapeutic activity in debris-stimulated EL4 tumors (Fig. 2 G). In contrast, debris-stimulated tumors in which debris was treated with annexin V or anti-PS neutralizing antibody before injection were responsive to chemotherapy (cisplatin or vincristine; Fig. 2, G and H)."

Ismail

Yes I most likely will try ps or theanine. What brand of ps did you use

I use the myprotein powdered version:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals