Cheap And Easy Way To Do A Dry CO2 Bath

tankasnowgod

So recently, I've been interested in CO2. The thing I've really been interested in is Transdermal Absorption, or doing some sort of CO2 bath, either dry or wet. I also didn't want to spring for a CO2 tank just yet, and/or the related supplies. After trying a few things that didn't work, I think I found something that will, can be done regularly, is pretty cheap, and will remind you of Halloween, or when you had to perform Macbeth back in High School.

I got the idea after watching this video (relevant part starting at 1:07)-

I thought about drawing a bath and throwing in some dry ice, but I was wary of coming into contact with the dry ice, plus I don't really like just sitting in water for long.

Then I had the idea to use a bucket or foot tub, fill it with warm water, while covering up with plastic, like in the video.

So, I did just that. I got a 5 pound block of dry ice, used 2 trash bags to cover most of the tub, plunked it in the bucket with warm water out of the tap, and just sat in the tub.

I have to say, it worked damn well. All the parts of my body that were submerged in the tub got really sweaty really quickly. I thought it might be the water from the bucket, but most of the tub remained dry. By the way, when I do this again, I will line the tub with towels, as I didn't like feeling of cold porcelain.

A five pound block of dry ice led to a 25 minute dry bath, and cost about 8 dollars.

Also, since CO2 is heaver than air, I don't know if the trash bags or plastic covering is totally necessary. Even after stepping into the tub 10 minutes afterwards, my foot felt warmer, which probably means there was still a lot of CO2 at the bottom of the tub. I'll probably continue to use one just over the bucket to keep more CO2 in the tub. If I can get a plastic sheet like in the video, I'll probably use that.

If you have a bathtub, this is really easy to do. If you don't, you could get one of those 100-150 gallon tubs from a feed store, and use one of those.

yerrag

Very cool!

noordinary

Great idea, thank you!

iLoveSugar

Where do you get dry ice? And were you laying in water? Im confused since you said dry bath.

Perry Staltic

I thought about drawing a bath and throwing in some dry ice, but I was wary of coming into contact with the dry ice, plus I don't really like just sitting in water for long.

I saw a video of some drunk Russians who did that in a large indoor pool. They were jumping into the water and vapor cloud, then it suddenly turned to chaos. CO2 is heavier than, and displaces, air, so you can asphyxiate and die, which several of them did.

Perry Staltic

I saw a video of some drunk Russians who did that in a large indoor pool. They were jumping into the water and vapor cloud, then it suddenly turned to chaos. CO2 is heavier than, and displaces, air, so you can asphyxiate and die, which several of them did.

Here it is

Grischbal

but he is not diving head first into a 2 metre deep bath tub, does he? I guess his head is sticking out while plastic bags cover the rest to retain most of the gas

Perry Staltic

but he is not diving head first into a 2 metre deep bath tub, does he? I guess his head is sticking out while plastic bags cover the rest to retain most of the gas

It seems prudent for people to be aware of CO2 mechanics and what it can do.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

All the more reason to do it in a dry bath then. When I did it, the CO2 sat mostly in the tub. If it overflowed, it spilled onto the floor. The vapor level never got anywhere near my head like in the video, only mid-torso, and at no time was I fully submerged in the tub.

Yes, CO2 is heavier than air, but water is heavier than CO2, so a full bath or pool is going to force CO2 higher up into the room's atmosphere, if doing in an enclosed space.

Perry Staltic

All the more reason to do it in a dry bath then. When I did it, the CO2 sat mostly in the tub. If it overflowed, it spilled onto the floor. The vapor level never got anywhere near my head like in the video, only mid-torso, and at no time was I fully submerged in the tub.

Yes, CO2 is heavier than air, but water is heavier than CO2, so a full bath or pool is going to force CO2 higher up into the room's atmosphere, if doing in an enclosed space.

Yeah dry sounds like the best way to go. Interesting concept you're experimenting with.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals