Cheap allergy drug may treat and prevent hepatitis C

haidut

Forum Supporter
The drug is a first generation anti-histamine and also has serotonin and cholinergic blocking properties.

http://www.healthline.com/health-news/a ... i-040815#2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorcyclizine

Does it remind you of another drug that Peat recommends? Yes, it is very similar to cyproheptadine both in chemical structure and properties. Given that the proposed mechanism of action is anti-histaminic I don't see why other allergy drugs, and especially cyproheptadine, would not work as well.

Gilead's sofosbuvir is projected to have annual sales of $6.03 billion by 2016, according to an average of 10 analysts' estimates compiled by Bloomberg.

piotr_zarach

I use up to 10 mg Cypro daily. Mostly for allergies, food intolerance and increase appetite.
As i heard cypro increase your liver values so i check it. It was perfect only ASPAT was slighty up 43 (norm 40), but it could be from added testosterone propinate :) Cypro, aspirin and armour works very good for my liver and digestion

piotr_zarach said:
I use up to 10 mg Cypro daily. Mostly for allergies, food intolerance and increase appetite.
As i heard cypro increase your liver values so i check it. It was perfect only ASPAT was slighty up 43 (norm 40), but it could be from added testosterone propinate :) Cypro, aspirin and armour works very good for my liver and digestion

Ah, bodybuilding? :mrgreen: Does the appetite stay or is there a tolerance to it, like with the sleepiness?

piotr_zarach

sleepiness 3-4 days. Now it works like a gently sedative, apetite grow in my case when daily dose is more than 6 mg :) I use it bc i cant put on weight using any other metod
(even 4 liters of milk with 250 g white sugar and other food helps only some). When i started to use test my weight was 69 kg and 188 cm now 78 kg, so it works. With all anti e things it could be safe :)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
piotr_zarach said:

Adding as little as 5mg of vitamin K2 (MK-4) to your supplements will reduce the AST numbers to below 30. Adding more than 5mg will bring it down even more and will also lower ALT and ALP. Also, your doctor usually does not start to get worried until your AST becomes twice the upper limit of 40. Most accepted definitions for liver damage say AST has to be at least twice the upper limit and AST/ALT ratio has to be higher than 2:1.
So, you are fine but adding K2 won't hurt.

I think the ratio can be almost inverted for certain illnesses. I know that because I was paranoid about these things for a couple years.

piotr_zarach

Haidut thank you :) Do you think my AST is something to worry about ? how about eating even more spinach 400 gram a day ? bc i crave for more but im afraid of hypothyroidism even if its cooked

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
piotr_zarach said:
Haidut thank you :) Do you think my AST is something to worry about ? how about eating even more spinach 400 gram a day ? bc i crave for more but im afraid of hypothyroidism even if its cooked

Well, if your doctor is not worried then probably things are OK. Either way, AST is actually NOT a liver biomarker. It is a marker for muscle damage and even today it is used to test for heart attacks. People having heart attacks have AST in the range 150+. It may also indicate liver damage but it is much more of a muscle damage marker than liver. ALT is much more specific to the liver. You can ask the doctor to test for GGT and prothrombin time (PT), which are liver markers. Combined with billirubin and albumin these should give you a good idea of where your liver stands. The liver enzymes AST, ALT and ALP are indicator or acute liver injury but are not very useful to diagnose chronic liver disease. GGT, PT, albumin and billirubin show how the liver is functioning and are much more useful to diagnose chronic liver condition. Even those tests have their limitations, but are more useful then just checking the 3 liver enzymes.
I think in your case you are fine. AST at only 43 probably means you have overtrained a little and after a decent rest the AST will return to normal. My AST went up to 47 when I did a 6 mile run and got tested the next day. When I did a retest a week later it had returned to normal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals