Charcoal

Jing

Is it fine to have non granulated charcoal? All I can seem to find is granulated charcoal for aquariums..

cyclops

What is the difference between granulated charcoal labeled for aquariums vs human consumption?

I don’t think powder should be consumed. Due to perfusion. Particles end up in the bloodstream, in cells, in arterioles, even the spinal fluid, according to Dr. Peat.

I use granulated made from coconut shells. Used for water purification.

Tbone107

I don’t think powder should be consumed. Due to perfusion. Particles end up in the bloodstream, in cells, in arterioles, even the spinal fluid, according to Dr. Peat.

Thats interesting.. I’ve been using the powder. How do you take it/where do you find it?

Fractality

For those who take granulated AC: do you ever experience intestinal irritation symptoms?

Fractality

I never have. But in a way I have. My butt can get a little sore if I use it too often.

Thanks, I asked RP if there is a concern about intestinal irritation causing a serotonergic flare. He hasn't yet responded. I'll probably buy AC soon and give it a try. The powder AC in capsules worked really well for me in the past.

Tbone107

Wouldn’t the capsules work in the same manner as the granular as the powder wouldn’t be released until it got to the stomach and the capsule dissolved?

Teres

What if I've used powdered activated charcoal several times, in tens of grams? Should I worry?

Last edited:

tara

Wouldn’t the capsules work in the same manner as the granular as the powder wouldn’t be released until it got to the stomach and the capsule dissolved?
Both the benefit and the adsorption risk are further downstream (down-tube) than the stomach.

AIUI, in some contexts, depending on the reason for taking it, the powder may still do more good than harm.

What if I've used powdered activated charcoal several times, in tens of grams? Should I worry?
I can't see how worrying about it would help anything?

Fractality

I decided to order the powdered version and use it only when I am ill, or after drinking more than 1-2 standard units of alcohol.

managing

Thanks, I asked RP if there is a concern about intestinal irritation causing a serotonergic flare. He hasn't yet responded. I'll probably buy AC soon and give it a try. The powder AC in capsules worked really well for me in the past.
Did you get a response?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals