Changing diet cured 2yo wrist sprain

Bogdar

It's just an experience thread, I wanted to share this story because it's 4 a.m here and I'm bored

I tried many diets with great improvements (restricting diets work perfectly for me), until 2 1/2 years ago I stopped and went more easy on the diet. I started climbing, bouldering more specifically and had great progress until my main wrist got really painful after a session. I tried to let it rest 2 weeks, then 1 month, putting tape on it, not using it at all in daily life, nothing worked. I went to see doctors, did echographieS, one time diagnosed as tendonitis, the other as sprain, went to do invasive tests with lots of needles in my wrist etc... For nothing, because nothing was found and the splint I was wearing day & night only helped to calm the pain but not to solve it.
So I decided to keep doing sport and train my legs. 2 weeks later, muscle tear in my leg, before this it felt like my muscles weren't recovering well as they were always SO strained. I stopped sports at this moment.
Anyway fast forward 2 years later, my leg took few months to heal but wrist still prevented me from doing any sport with my upper body, even from cutting my food. I've been cutting food with my teeth and right hand for 2 years.

This is the interesting part: I finally found the time in my life to take care of my health again, and stopped gluten, dairies, fried food, most oils, coffee and overcooked stuff. In like 2 to 3 days ONLY my wrist felt so much lighter lol. In a few weeks I could start sport again. My muscles don't get strained for days anymore. It still hurts a bit sometimes and I'm still recovering from a 2 year non-usage of my left upper body, but pain only lasts 1 to 2 days, compared to months before this. The most impactful food is gluten tho, the other play a role but not as much.
I wonder in what world I could have found a doctor who would have told me something like this.

Ben.

It's just an experience thread, I wanted to share this story because it's 4 a.m here and I'm bored

I tried many diets with great improvements (restricting diets work perfectly for me), until 2 1/2 years ago I stopped and went more easy on the diet. I started climbing, bouldering more specifically and had great progress until my main wrist got really painful after a session. I tried to let it rest 2 weeks, then 1 month, putting tape on it, not using it at all in daily life, nothing worked. I went to see doctors, did echographieS, one time diagnosed as tendonitis, the other as sprain, went to do invasive tests with lots of needles in my wrist etc... For nothing, because nothing was found and the splint I was wearing day & night only helped to calm the pain but not to solve it.
So I decided to keep doing sport and train my legs. 2 weeks later, muscle tear in my leg, before this it felt like my muscles weren't recovering well as they were always SO strained. I stopped sports at this moment.
Anyway fast forward 2 years later, my leg took few months to heal but wrist still prevented me from doing any sport with my upper body, even from cutting my food. I've been cutting food with my teeth and right hand for 2 years.

This is the interesting part: I finally found the time in my life to take care of my health again, and stopped gluten, dairies, fried food, most oils, coffee and overcooked stuff. In like 2 to 3 days ONLY my wrist felt so much lighter lol. In a few weeks I could start sport again. My muscles don't get strained for days anymore. It still hurts a bit sometimes and I'm still recovering from a 2 year non-usage of my left upper body, but pain only lasts 1 to 2 days, compared to months before this. The most impactful food is gluten tho, the other play a role but not as much.
I wonder in what world I could have found a doctor who would have told me something like this.

Cool that you found something that helped you.

What do you eat now exactly?

OP
Bogdar

Bogdar

Cool that you found something that helped you.

What do you eat now exactly?
I have a big problem with immune reactions to food, so my diet is very restrictive. I think I have problem with gut permeability or something.

There are not many foods not causing reactions, these includes
Meats, I eat mainly beef but pork chicken etc are good
Fishes and sea products (scallops,fresh oysters, fresh salmon, fresh tuna)
Rice / potatoes and dates (but dates not too much or intestinal discomfort)
Few greens and lentils / beans etc
Some other fruits (rarely)

Almost everything else, almonds / nuts / dairies / oats / wheat / chocolate / eggs ... induce a "stream" in my throat for hours, bad breath and other nasty stuff

lvysaur

in my experience, gluten as well as dense cheeses (like standard A1 casein cheddar) both cause a similar sense of "slowness"

A2/goat dairy doesn't cause this problem

mrchibbs

It's really cereals/grains/legumes/nuts and glutens which drive most of the inflammatory process behind joint pain.

PUFAs amplify everything in the long term, but essentially those foods are harsh on the intestinal lining and cause inflammation and damage and the particles leak through the intestinal mucosa and wreck havoc throughout the body.

This is probably why extended fasts (or very restricted diets) can be so therapeutic at first, they allow the intestine to heal and allow phagocytes to clean up inflammatory debris in the bloodstream.

First of all I love your intro, "because I'm bored". I am curious to know what things you eat, cutting out dairy and oils? Do you still eat sugar or honey and what about fruits and vegetables? Do you mean overcooked as in grilled meats or long cooked meats?

I am so glad you said that about what doctor would come to your same conclusion. People just don't understand that doctors are more suited for emergency situations. As RP said, they are excellent at tending to broken bones and that's about it, and I say heart attacks and uncontrolled bleeding too. They can't be expected to know what a person is eating or not eating, or what kind of toxins are in their environment at home, work or in their soap. They use to spend more time with a person, asking questions, trying to make an educated GUESS, but they really don't do much of that anymore because there are too many mere variables nowadays. Now, instead, they dole out medication for too many wrong guesses, making a bigger mess of things. Good for you that you finally took your health into your own hands and got to the bottom of it. It is too bad that doctors get a bad reputation for not being able to be better guessers.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals