Changes In Body Odor?

Frecs

Okay, not exactly the usual conversation I would have with strangers but...

Any thoughts on what would bring about a change in body odor? For the better, that is. :oops:

I've had embarrassingly bad body odor for several years now. (Very embarrassing considering that Southern Ladies are supposed to "glisten not sweat" and certainly not smell like she just rolled in a pile of manure.) Especially bad when doing physical activities that caused sweating. I'm talking about total reek -- like worse than a football players locker room. Seriously. I knew that was from some serious toxicity and I've been trying to rid myself of it but didn't seem to be getting anywhere.

I've been on a Peatish diet (or as best as I can do as I continue to learn what that means exactly) for roughly a month now. Mother says to me tonight: "Are you aware that your body odor isn't as bad? It's not nearly as offensive as it was, even after you worked in the yard the other day." I thought I'd noticed that but wasn't sure...

So, I can't imagine that my body's toxic waste stores are empty (no way since fat cells store toxins and I'm obese) so to what to I create with the change in body odor?

kiran

Well, as your metabolism improves, your body will become better at metabolizing all sorts of toxins. It should definitely improve your body odor as it did mine. I know that I used to smell of garlic after eating garlic at one point, but I don't anymore.

andvanwyk

After being dairy free for years and my girlfriend always complaining about my body odour last year ... She remarked a few times over the last month that it's improved mysteriously and dramatically. What did i change? I'm drinking one to three cups of goat milk per day. Ray Peat told me im most likely calcium deficient when i emailed him in 2010 but it took me this long to find a decent calcium source!

jyb

The same should apply to your flatulence, as you eat more digestible food and regularize bowel movement with safe fiber (raw carrot).

OP
F

Frecs

Interesting that you mention a calcium deficiency in connection with body odor. My recent bloodwork showed that my calcium is a few points under the lowest "acceptable" level for calcium. So, all this milk and cheese is likely to be the reason I'm smelling sweeter these days. :):

burtlancast

Sweat carries a lot of toxins, notably mercury leeching from amalgam fillings.
Avoid anti perspirants, as they are full of aluminium, and use baking soda paste as deodorant.

chris

I used an anti perspirant the other week for the first time in a while and my armpits were unusually sweatier than usual, and the smell greater. I haven't used one for a week and the sweating has reduced. Strange.

Sophist

If I can toss in an observation here, a magnesium deficiency can be the source. With my own experience I found that when I managed to raise my levels that my overall scent after exercise became nil. My son is an athlete and had a problem with underarm odor which ceased when I began focusing on supplementation of magnesium for him.

Some odors, such as those in the feet and crotch area can be caused by candida and alleviated by bringing down an overgrowth. A quick way to do that is by using oregano oil, but can also bring about headaches from the die-off, so should one should be cautious.

tomisonbottom

Sophist said:
If I can toss in an observation here, a magnesium deficiency can be the source. With my own experience I found that when I managed to raise my levels that my overall scent after exercise became nil. My son is an athlete and had a problem with underarm odor which ceased when I began focusing on supplementation of magnesium for him.

Some odors, such as those in the feet and crotch area can be caused by candida and alleviated by bringing down an overgrowth. A quick way to do that is by using oregano oil, but can also bring about headaches from the die-off, so should one should be cautious.

The whole candida issue seems to be very complex. Some people think everyone has it. I don't know if I have it but something that is weird for me is I've had an increase in body odor since starting to eat this way.
Anyone have any idea why that would be? I am taking enough magnesium to bowel tolerance. I am mostly just eating cheese, some milk, coffee, sugar, oj, coke,some seafood, butter, and salt. These don't seem like foods that would cause body odor. Maybe I am just increasing my lymph flow by eating this way or something?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
tomisonbottom, same thing happened to me when I started Peat. I started stinking like a skunk. It did go away after a couple of months though. I attributed it to some kind of awesome detox going on but thats only speculation. There was another person that had the same thing happened to him.

tomisonbottom

Ok, that's helpful thanks Charlie.
Is is very noticable for me because when I ate only fruit and could run for miles and not stink, my sweat just smelled like water........it seems like if I stink now somethings wrong, but if you think it will go away with time, I can wait and see.

J

j.

I think Peat mentioned he "smelled like a goat" when he started taking coconut oil.

tomisonbottom

I haven't really been taking that........maybe a teaspoon some days. Should that be every day and should it be more?

Jsaute21

Interested in this as well as i never have had terrible body odor until recently. I feel the healthiest i have felt in a while...feel damn good in fact but my body odor is truly terrible lately. I try and be organic about it and use soap with no fillers and stay away from aluminum but i am an androgen filled man that sweats. Any remedies that have helped folks?

Kate

I walked by someone and they smelt so bad i could smell them after 30ft or more.....

Similar to a lot of people i smelt when i started a good diet
Also my worst body odor was right after an epsom salt bath... which relates to the detoxing
so i just rinsed all the salt and smell off.

give it some time, and eat low toxin food and your body should do the work if it is functioning properly

theLaw

I think it's very important to shower daily with baking soda at the beginning of changing your diet, because your body will be expelling waste at a more rapid pace as metabolic function increases.

There's also something to be said for sweating profusely at least once a day for a short period (shower/sauna/red light/etc).:eek: