Change In Taste, And Cravings

catan

Yesterday, I dined at a buffet place with some relatives. Prior to eating 'Peat', I really liked the food. Even in the early days of Peat, I would try dishes I used to like whenever I ate at restaurants, even though I know they use veg oils. Yesterday, though, I filled up on seafood, some sushi, cheese, and didn't want anything else. This was new to me-- to be presented with a lot of food and not be tempted. I don't eat cooked food anymore unless I cook it myself.

I notice I have cravings for starch like potatoes and white rice. Nothing else would do. The few times I would try to eat fruit or eggs instead, I just ended up having the fruit/eggs, then the potatoes/rice to satisfy the craving. Is there anything in starches that we need?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I thought I had read that starch has some connection with hypothyroidism. Not as in causing it but resulting in a person in a hypothyroid state feeling better when consuming starch. I have no idea if this is true but did think I would pass along what I had read on the forum. On a personal note I no longer crave as much starch as I did in the beginning so maybe there is some truth in this?

OP
C

catan

Blossom, that is very interesting. I wonder why that is? I still crave starch occasionally, and on those days eat potato-heavy or rice-heavy meals. Otherwise, I stick to fruits, milk, and added sugars for the bulk of my calories.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'll attempt a search to find the specific post where I read that!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Look up the post ' possible reconsideration of grains in context'. Sorry my computer is down and I'm having loads of technical difficulties over the last 24 hours! There's a good explanation from Mittir in there. I read a lot searching starch as well and highly recommend that too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals