Change In Appearance Due To Peating

Sobieski

What's everyone's experiences like regarding changes in physical appearance? Weight/height/skin etc.
I personally look younger, not just my opinion but a few other people have commented. My face shape/appearance is more similar to what it was 10 years ago as opposed to 10 months ago.

Richiebogie

That's great news @Sobieski

What foods / supplements have you stopped taking and what have you introduced?

Eg Did you ditch walnuts and start eating low fat milk?

OP
S

Sobieski

That's great news @Sobieski

What foods / supplements have you stopped taking and what have you introduced?

Eg Did you ditch walnuts and start eating low fat milk?

Basically I was eating the standard food pyramid; lots of whole grains, high pufa low saturated fat and limited animal protein. Started Peating and based my diet on oj, milk, fish and white rice and saw lots of improvements. I limit starches now with lots of benefits, the only drawback being the extra expense of a starch-less diet so I will eat rice if I need the calories.

I use a small amount of progesterone and pregnenolone as needed as well as K2 everyday.

Lolinaa

Hi,
Very good news, I am happy for you.
I think its the progesterone and pregnenolone, I tend to feel fresher and prettier too when I use progesterone, I am almost looking forward for my luteal phase which I hated before because I will use progesterone lol.
I don't really see any difference with K2, aspirin renders me more assertive and clear headed.

Richiebogie

Hi @Sobieski,

Thanks for your reply.

How much milk are you drinking? Are you eating full cream milk or low fat milk? I am wondering what the optimal amount of fat is!

Even though you are not eating much of it, you may do better on boiled potato instead of rice, due to its amino acid profile. Perhaps try this sometime. You can go back to rice if you feel worse!

OP
S

Sobieski

Hi @Sobieski,

Thanks for your reply.

How much milk are you drinking? Are you eating full cream milk or low fat milk? I am wondering what the optimal amount of fat is!

Even though you are not eating much of it, you may do better on boiled potato instead of rice, due to its amino acid profile. Perhaps try this sometime. You can go back to rice if you feel worse!

It varies, sometimes I will consume loads of dairy, other times minimal amounts. Ranging from skimmed milk to full cream, ice cream etc just depends on what I want. I'm eating ice cream as I type this now. Personally I feel well on a balanced approach, plenty of each macro nutrient. Low fat is very effective for weight loss but I'm unsure of it for a long term approach. Unfortunately as much as I love potatoes they make me constipated and ruin my libido (not sure why).

Richiebogie

Hi @Sobieski

That is interesting about your reaction to potatoes! Best avoided then!

I guess a little rice is a vehicle for salt and other savoury condiments! What do you eat with your rice? It is convenient that you can get it at many restaurants.

Looking 10 years younger is a big change! Were you looking older than your peers pre-Peat? How old are you now?

Do you avoid most vegetables like leafy greens, broccoli, etc?

OP
S

Sobieski

I usually just eat rice with some meat and butter, nothing fancy or anything.
When I say that I appear 10 years younger, what I mean is my facial structure is more similar to what it was 10 years ago. In other words, leaner, more angular and defined, despite the fact I've actually put on a bit of fat since Peating. Last year before peating my face had become very round and the skin round my eyes, cheeks and jaw was sagging (even though I was leaner than I am now). I'm nearly 30 now but before I've had people assume that I'm in my late 30's early 40's. Now I probably just look my age, which is still a massive improvement.
I don't eat many vegetables but I don't go out of my way to avoid them, if I eat them I just ensure they are very well cooked (apart from carrots).

Richiebogie

Regarding cheap sources of fruit: Turkish dates are the cheapest dried fruit here in Australia. However if you are in the US you may not be able to buy them that cheaply as dates are grown in California and there could be import restrictions or tariffs.

Reconstituted apple juice is quite cheap here. I'm not sure about the stories of Steve Jobs and Ashton Kutcher getting pancreatic problems from eating apple juice though!

Also bananas are quite dense with calories. If you let them go spotty or even mushy so that the starch converts to simple sugars they are great blended up with apple juice & (melon or mango or honey)!

You may need a jar of water, juice and detergent to catch fruit flies with all the smelly bananas around!

It is great you are looking 30 again. Maybe soon you will start looking mid 20's!

D

danishispsychic

ive got that face lifting thing happening from preg. 50 mg and some prog. it kind of lifts everything - i noticed it in my jaw area. no gluten depuffs my face a lot.

DrJ

Big-time skin tightening on face from pregnenalone. I gained weight but the sides of my stomach shrunk in to have dimples and a relaxed look rather than their previous stretched/bloated look when I was much more skinny. Some small patches of body hair i was starting to grow in odd places went away.

bionicheart

That's awesome dude! congrats on your progress. I feel like increased whole milk dairy has made my skin worse... I just added vitamin k2 to my regimen hoping that will help with a number of things, mainly my oral health and bruising.
ive got that face lifting thing happening from preg. 50 mg and some prog. it kind of lifts everything - i noticed it in my jaw area. no gluten depuffs my face a lot.
@danishispsychic how often do you take preg? what time of day is best to take preg as a female and according to our cycles or does it even matter? I'm striving for anti-aging effects and reducing anxiety/stress. I'm looking into haidut's products that have pregnenonlone in them. progesterone alone still gives me adrenaline spikes at times, but I don't think I'm getting enough salt still. I just took about 30mg of progest over an hour ago and it definitely made me less bloated, almost instantly....
Thanks in advance!

meatbag

That's awesome dude! congrats on your progress. I feel like increased whole milk dairy has made my skin worse... I just added vitamin k2 to my regimen hoping that will help with a number of things, mainly my oral health and bruising.

@danishispsychic how often do you take preg? what time of day is best to take preg as a female and according to our cycles or does it even matter? I'm striving for anti-aging effects and reducing anxiety/stress. I'm looking into haidut's products that have pregnenonlone in them. progesterone alone still gives me adrenaline spikes at times, but I don't think I'm getting enough salt still. I just took about 30mg of progest over an hour ago and it definitely made me less bloated, almost instantly....
Thanks in advance!

One of the things that Progesterone does is to release the Thyroid protein from the gland, so maybe when you take a large dose of the progest-e it making you a little hyperthyroid. Also counteracts aldosterone so maybe getting more salt around the time you use it would be helpful like you mentioned, I've noticed if I use thyroid or something and then feel colder if I eat as much salt as I want I heat up the way I should

"If a person has an enlarged thyroid gland, progesterone promotes secretion and unloading of the stored “colloid,” and can bring on a temporary hyperthyroid state. This is a corrective process, and in itself isn't harmful. A thyroid supplement should be used to shrink the goiter before progesterone is given. Normal amounts of progesterone facilitate thyroid secretion, while a deficiency, with unopposed estrogen, causes the thyroid to enlarge. The production of euphoria has been mentioned as a side effect, but I think euphoria is simply an indication of a good physiological state. (The history of official medical attitudes toward euphoria is a subject that deserves more attention.) Very large doses that are given in vitamin E solution, allowing complete absorption, can reach the level that is sometimes achieved late in pregnancy, producing both euphoria and a degree of anesthesis. To avoid unexpected anesthesia, the correct dose should be determined by taking about 10 mg. at a time allowing it to spread into the membranes of the mouth, and repeating the dose after 10 minutes until the symptoms are controlled."
~Progesterone Summaries - Progesterone Deceptions - Progesterone Supplementation - Dosage of Progesterone

OP
S

Sobieski

Regarding cheap sources of fruit: Turkish dates are the cheapest dried fruit here in Australia. However if you are in the US you may not be able to buy them that cheaply as dates are grown in California and there could be import restrictions or tariffs.

Reconstituted apple juice is quite cheap here. I'm not sure about the stories of Steve Jobs and Ashton Kutcher getting pancreatic problems from eating apple juice though!

Also bananas are quite dense with calories. If you let them go spotty or even mushy so that the starch converts to simple sugars they are great blended up with apple juice & (melon or mango or honey)!

You may need a jar of water, juice and detergent to catch fruit flies with all the smelly bananas around!

It is great you are looking 30 again. Maybe soon you will start looking mid 20's!

Thank you for your kind words. What benefits (and negatives) have you noticed since Peating?

D

danishispsychic

Thanks in advance!
Hi - same here on the progesterone adrenaline spike- I take 50 to 100 mg of preg that I chew. I take it at night for sleep . Progesterone alone was not working for me - I know I take a lot of it but sometimes I skip a couple days. I also take mms in my OJ and it enhances the skin lift thing a lot !

meatbag

Hi - same here on the progesterone adrenaline spike- I take 50 to 100 mg of preg that I chew. I take it at night for sleep . Progesterone alone was not working for me - I know I take a lot of it but sometimes I skip a couple days. I also take mms in my OJ and it enhances the skin lift thing a lot !

What brand of progesterone are you using? I had a bad reaction to certain brands but a good reaction from progest-e & progestene. What kind of effects did you experience from the progesterone orally or topically?

meatbag

At that dosage its hard to believe it would cause bad side effects if its good quality preg. It could be lowering blood sugar though

I found these in the email advice depo: Ray Peat Email Advice Depository
Regarding Possible Pregnenolone Side Effects

flaviom said:
FWIW I mailed Ray about the issues I was having with pregnenolone, namely sadness, irritability, major hair loss, insomnia, weight gain and here's his reply:

Ray Peat said:
Excipients or impurities in capsules can cause symptoms, by irritating the intestine. In animal studies (and in myself), extremely large doses didn't have any more effects than minimal doses. It's possible to eliminate some of the impurities by mixing it with warm vitamin E, and after stirring it, allowing it to settle, and using only what dissolved in the vitamin E.

flaviom said:
Then I asked if there's no way it can convert to excess estrogen or some other stress related hormone, under certain circumstances, like not getting enough protein or sugar, or some other nutrient, or adequate light. Also asked if someone is running on stress hormones from low thyroid and pregnenolone lowers those hormones, would it make things worse by lowering the metabolism even further.

Ray Peat said:
I haven't heard of a situation like that; I'll see if I can find any information relating to that possibility.

Also it seems a fair amount of people have been emailing him with reports of problems with pregnenolone and there's concern about the purity of whats available on the market. You might get something out of this podcast as well, I've been paying a lot more attention to how stuff effects me lately and pretty much the only thing I take orally anymore is progest-e and desiccated thyroid

D

danishispsychic

At that dosage its hard to believe it would cause bad side effects if its good quality preg. It could be lowering blood sugar though

I found these in the email advice depo: Ray Peat Email Advice Depository
Regarding Possible Pregnenolone Side Effects

flaviom said:
FWIW I mailed Ray about the issues I was having with pregnenolone, namely sadness, irritability, major hair loss, insomnia, weight gain and here's his reply:

Ray Peat said:
Excipients or impurities in capsules can cause symptoms, by irritating the intestine. In animal studies (and in myself), extremely large doses didn't have any more effects than minimal doses. It's possible to eliminate some of the impurities by mixing it with warm vitamin E, and after stirring it, allowing it to settle, and using only what dissolved in the vitamin E.

flaviom said:
Then I asked if there's no way it can convert to excess estrogen or some other stress related hormone, under certain circumstances, like not getting enough protein or sugar, or some other nutrient, or adequate light. Also asked if someone is running on stress hormones from low thyroid and pregnenolone lowers those hormones, would it make things worse by lowering the metabolism even further.

Ray Peat said:
I haven't heard of a situation like that; I'll see if I can find any information relating to that possibility.

Also it seems a fair amount of people have been emailing him with reports of problems with pregnenolone and there's concern about the purity of whats available on the market. You might get something out of this podcast as well, I've been paying a lot more attention to how stuff effects me lately and pretty much the only thing I take orally anymore is progest-e and desiccated thyroid

Topical preg didn’t work for me- I won’t take capsules and chew any tablets I take . I only do aspirin and preg - and I chew both . I take breaks too - I can tell by hoe much saliva I am generating when I need to take more

Richiebogie

What benefits (and negatives) have you noticed since Peating?

Hi Sob,

I have been less stressed since eating more fruit, fruit juice, potatoes, dairy and oysters, avoiding nuts, seeds and grains, and eating less lamb, beef, chicken and pork! I'm still eating leafy greens though instead of the raw shredded carrot! Also having a little coffee and chocolate! I am now experimenting replacing oranges and berries with more tropical fruits. Not on any hormones or supplements. They sound radical!