Change In Appearance Due To Peating

OP
S

Sobieski

This is funny. I was just discussing this with my dad. Aside from saturated fats and broth which was included in every culture predating the prevalence of pufa oils. Almost all modern diets modern diets are rich in pufa, starch, and anti metabolic aminos and a sugar substitutes. For example if you compare machboos and beef burgers you'd conclade they are the same in a sence both contain massive amounts of pufa(sunflower oil vs soja oil), starch(rice vs wheat bun), and muscle meats + a can of sugar free cola/pepsi. Anti metabolic foods + sugar avoidance at a very low age defines the diet of almost all modern humans.

Seems like PUFAs are destroying people everywhere then.

What's everyone's experiences like regarding changes in physical appearance? Weight/height/skin etc.
I personally look younger, not just my opinion but a few other people have commented. My face shape/appearance is more similar to what it was 10 years ago as opposed to 10 months ago.
My face shape has changed too! I have always had a long face. The first couple of years I wouldn't add the sugar, I just didn't like sweets and it didn't seem like a healthy thing. Once I did add it my skin firmed up, even giving me higher cheek bones and a more triangular face! My sister accused me of having botox and asked me why my face has changed so much. I have been documenting my Ray Peat journey, and here is a pic of me almost 2 years "Peating" without sugar and the pic after adding the sugar!

Attachments

• 20210417_152313.jpg
    20210417_152313.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 85
My face shape has changed too! I have always had a long face. The first couple of years I wouldn't add the sugar, I just didn't like sweets and it didn't seem like a healthy thing. Once I did add it my skin firmed up, even giving me higher cheek bones and a more triangular face! My sister accused me of having botox and asked me why my face has changed so much. I have been documenting my Ray Peat journey, and here is a pic of me almost 2 years "Peating" without sugar and the pic after adding the sugar!
Here is another experiment I did cutting out ALL red meat and eating only seafood for an extended period of time. It really lifted my face!

Attachments

• 20191215_094616.jpg
    20191215_094616.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 71
nice, that is like what Peat noticed when using pregnenolone;
View attachment 22851
I have seen that comparison pic, and the Weston A Price pics, all which convinced me to see how different diet elements change me. I have done several over the last couple of years.. I am too leary of trying suppliments, but I have added in niacinimide in the last 3 weeks.

meatbag

I have seen that comparison pic, and the Weston A Price pics, all which convinced me to see how different diet elements change me. I have done several over the last couple of years.. I am too leary of trying suppliments, but I have added in niacinimide in the last 3 weeks.
Yeah, I think you can get the same effect without supplementing the pregnenolone. You might get good results from applied redlight as well, it's cool you got just that from sugar though

Yeah, I think you can get the same effect without supplementing the pregnenolone. You might get good results from applied redlight as well, it's cool you got just that from sugar though
Adding in lots of sugar, fruit, honey and shellfish and taking out meat and starches.

My husband just bough a red light for this back. I hadn't heard red light is good for anything else?

meatbag

My husband just bough a red light for this back. I hadn't heard red light is good for anything else?
yeah if place it about a hand and halfs distance from a tissue surface it's good for everything. Probably about 5-7 minutes exposure

Your results are interesting...and impressive!

Do you eat dairy? And any other seafood besides shellfish?
I also are cod and sole that Ray Peat recommends. I did some dairy with cheese and Haagen Daz coffee ice cream, but not much milk, it was more avoidance of meat and FINALLY upping the sugar. It was only for a couple of months. I don't think I could have sustained it longer being an avid foodie. I did it to prove to my friend qnd sister that your diet really does define your face as much as your shape and that sugar is not bad.

OccamzRazer

I also are cod and sole that Ray Peat recommends. I did some dairy with cheese and Haagen Daz coffee ice cream, but not much milk, it was more avoidance of meat and FINALLY upping the sugar. It was only for a couple of months. I don't think I could have sustained it longer being an avid foodie. I did it to prove to my friend qnd sister that your diet really does define your face as much as your shape and that sugar is not bad.
Nice, thanks for the details!

Any diet that provides Häagen-dazs coffee flavored ice cream sounds pretty good to me. May have to try something like this. Does seem like it'd be expensive though

Nice, thanks for the details!

Any diet that provides Häagen-dazs coffee flavored ice cream sounds pretty good to me. May have to try something like this. Does seem like it'd be
I wasn't eating a pint a day, just a serving and a half in the afternoon. I was doing Mexican Coke, and now that I have access to corn and free eggs I would add that in cause I always see a difference with a couple of hard boiled eggs. This experiment was from late 2019. I am convinced red meat and grains cause a lazy puffy face. I should devise a new experiment with a precise list of foods and take before and after pics.

Vins7

Basically I was eating the standard food pyramid; lots of whole grains, high pufa low saturated fat and limited animal protein. Started Peating and based my diet on oj, milk, fish and white rice and saw lots of improvements. I limit starches now with lots of benefits, the only drawback being the extra expense of a starch-less diet so I will eat rice if I need the calories.

I use a small amount of progesterone and pregnenolone as needed as well as K2 everyday.
Do you try to Separate liquids to meals for having a better digestion?
Digestion was an issue for you?

Do you try to Separate liquids to meals for having a better digestion?
Digestion was an issue for you?
No I only learned that over the last couple of months. My digestion has always run slow, I realize, now, from too many liquids. Since scaling back the soups and iced coffees, water and such I am running more efficiently and no bloat anymore ?

ursidae

Mostly negative changes, except for my hair which got much better.
The diet that I looked my best on in my life:
Ghee, avocados, salmon, sourdough bread, bananas, lentils, almonds, tomatoes, spring onion, red onion, garlic

Intuitively picked, didn’t know anything about diet at the time

Id go back to that diet if I didn’t lose tolerance for bread or ghee

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals