Challenging White Bread

opson123

Seeing all the posts on this forum about bad quality foods, gmo, fortifying (iron), glyphosate etc. it's no wonder people get sick. Then again, all of these problems are USA onlyish. I live in Finland and I can buy the conventional white bread that has no iron and no glyphosate corps. Same with pasta, I think you can't even find pasta that has added iron. Only foods with added iron are imported stuff like some breakfast cereals.

I'm still sick though and can't eat those lol.

tara

Bread is interesting, especially the commercial stuff. It has gluten, and it's starch; it's fortified, and unfortunately with the stuff we want to avoid (like ferrous iron), but it is also made rich in B-vitamins which are sorely lacking in "healthy" diets. I think it's an interesting dietary addition, although not one I would make myself
Liver?
Many of us lose a lot of time grating carrots, hand-squeezing 24 oranges every day which we then strain into 8oz of juice, and driving all over town looking for the newest version of non-homogenized A2 milk hoping that maybe this version won't give us acne or bloat us to the point we can't wear a seatbelt. It can be a lot of work to come up with sufficient calories around here. Cleaning, cutting, and boiling 6 pounds of potatoes every other day, along with shopping for all these things, can be quite the task.
Apparently there used to be household appliances for peeling a household's potatoes. I haven't seen one, but I like the idea. :)
I look out for the largest spuds to speed peeling - I think I had some that were ~400 - 500g the other day. :)
Food should be about so much more.
+1
While I get what you're saying, it's really not possible to "enjoy" my food when I have very specific restrictions such as ultra-low PUFA intake, which basically means the only fat I can have is hydrogenated coconut oil. Luckily I have generally had the mindset of using food as medication and not enjoyment. Orthorexic, perhaps, but I'm tired of being ill, so I don't care, I want to feel better at all costs.
Enjoyment of food is part of what supports healthy digestion, so I think it may be important from the technical point of view of repair as well, to find ways to make it enjoyable and tasty.
Made with organic non fortified flour from a wild starter.
Looks lovely!
I agree that there's a lot of people who may be too leisurely. But I also think there's a lot of hardworking people with limited time who are already making the best diet & exercise choices they can. Sometimes something as seemingly trivial as boiling one extra potato is just one more layer for which people don't have time. For me, boiling potatoes usually means the difference between going to bed at 10:30pm vs. 12:00am.
I agree. Not everyone is in the same situation. Some people are genuinely too busy, working long hours out of necessity, or sick etc. Everyone has different skills to begin with. Some people could choose to put more time and energy in food prep, and might benefit from it. For me, it's often a trade off between needed sleep and preparing food too. Lack of either takes a toll.

jet9

Hi guys! I just want to share my recent way of eating.
White bread is my staple. Somehow over time my appetite for sugar diminished and I was seeking starch. Now I only eat white bread, meat and vegetables.

I was using potatoes before; but i cannot spend that much time cooking, so I looked for an alternative. I tried white bread and my current state is at its best.

Apparently, it has calcium. 260mg per 100 grams. Thats a lot given that I eat around 800grams of white bread daily.

I believe white bread is easy on digestion for most people. So if u can digest it; it might not be as evil. Just my 2c.
How did your experiment with white bread go ?

jaminhealth

I find bread a worthless food. I've done my share of consuming it and at 81, have NOT brought bread into my house for about 10 yrs --- any kind of bread.

And yet millions of Americans are in love with their bread addictions.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals