Chaga Mushroom Quinone

Experienced

People also say bs about chaga or othermushrooms without backing up with scientific evidence that it worsens HIV and AIDS Haidut once posted a thread on here that beta glucans were able to increase hiv aids processing. Don't know which thread exactly.

Candida Overgrowth Is A Major Factor In (alcoholic) Liver Damage / Cirrhosis

It's one of the many shady sites out there. Most of it is just fearmongering and theorising.

There is actual research out there with good results. Beta-glucans work excellent to manage e.g. candida infections and to restore the microbiome and balance your metabolism. Like I said, they have been approved by the EFSA (the EU FDA) as functional / health food. These guys reject 99% of all claims so that carries weight

Check e.g. this research
A decrease in anaerobic bacteria promotes Candida glabrata overgrowth while β-glucan treatment restores the gut microbiota and attenuates colitis and this one A critical review on the impacts of β-glucans on gut microbiota and human health. - PubMed - NCBI

This whole stuff is said by u/kostya93 I back him up with this one.

Any update about using chaga mushrooms?
Pretty good. Not a miracle but pretty good for you generally. Helps immune system be balanced, like lowering histamine and preventing autoimmunity while also boosting appropriate kinds of immunity

P

Peatness

Pretty good. Not a miracle but pretty good for you generally. Helps immune system be balanced, like lowering histamine and preventing autoimmunity while also boosting appropriate kinds of immunity
Thanks. I've got the powder. Whats the best way to use it?

sunny

No. An intuitive feeling of health boosting benefits. Plus I make an amazing ice “tea” with it that is super yummmmmy :): I simmer the chunks for 2-3 hours with a cinnamon stick. Then strain and add honey, refrigerate and either make a 1/2, 1/2 solution with sparkling water - tastes like a natural root beer soda and/or drink straight. Feels like you are drinking an elixir @ecstatichamster
That sounds awesome. Do you have a recommendation on where to buy the Chaga chunks? Also, what approximate size chunks are you using? Thank you for your time to reply.

Make tea. You don't want to boil , but you can make up for that by simmering for a long time to still be able to make it strong. Croc pots are great for this

sunny

Make tea. You don't want to boil , but you can make up for that by simmering for a long time to still be able to make it strong. Croc pots are great for this
Croc pot sounds like a great idea. Is any source of chaga chunks ok, are some better? How much is used, deck of card size, more, less?

Lollipop2

That sounds awesome. Do you have a recommendation on where to buy the Chaga chunks? Also, what approximate size chunks are you using? Thank you for your time to reply.
Hi @sunny I buy them off of Amazon and use about one inch size approximately. I will come back and post the company I use on Amazon. Have to be careful to get good quality. I will go look what I have bought in the past.

Edit: as it turns out the one I got the last time is not available. I found these two that I might try when I need again. They last so long because you can reuse a batch like three or four times:

Premium Organic Chaga Mushroom Chunks - 8 oz of Authentic 100% Wild Harvested Canadian Chaga Tea - Superfood https://a.co/d/efy3KJT

Great Lakes Treats Chaga (12oz) https://a.co/d/aPDyn5b

Last edited:

sunny

Hi @sunny I buy them off of Amazon and use about one inch size approximately. I will come back and post the company I use on Amazon. Have to be careful to get good quality. I will go look what I have bought in the past.

Edit: as it turns out the one I got the last time is not available. I found these two that I might try when I need again. They last so long because you can reuse a batch like three or four times:

Premium Organic Chaga Mushroom Chunks - 8 oz of Authentic 100% Wild Harvested Canadian Chaga Tea - Superfood https://a.co/d/efy3KJT

Great Lakes Treats Chaga (12oz) https://a.co/d/aPDyn5b
Lollipop2 thank you so much!
I am really looking forward to trying this, the homemade rootbeer tasting beverage sounds terrific.
In your opinion, is there such a thing as overdoing consumption?

Lollipop2

Lollipop2 thank you so much!
I am really looking forward to trying this, the homemade rootbeer tasting beverage sounds terrific.
In your opinion, is there such a thing as overdoing consumption?
Maybe? But I had/have one glass a day - definitely not over consumption.

Croc pot sounds like a great idea. Is any source of chaga chunks ok, are some better? How much is used, deck of card size, more, less?
I mean small makes it better for maximum surface area but you want them big enough to strain. That's all.

I think you just want to add a solid big cooking ladle sized amount, like a half a cup or a cup, if making a full pot of Chaga

Also I recommend Chaga mountain. The company. You need wild harvested Chaga bc it's the birch tree ? (I believe) compounds that they use and metabolize or simply absorb to then create some of the important active ingredients of chaga. Chaga growing on woodchips or whatever poor substrate is used commercially sometimes (I forget the details) makes it far less useful. Or maybe totally useless (I forget if chaga can produce ANY of its own active ingredients without growing on birch trees, but its certainly reliant on them for a big portion of them). Sorry I don't remember every single detail and have to qualify things but my memory is far from perfect. I used to be sharper before extreme illness

sunny

I mean small makes it better for maximum surface area but you want them big enough to strain. That's all.

I think you just want to add a solid big cooking ladle sized amount, like a half a cup or a cup, if making a full pot of Chaga

Also I recommend Chaga mountain. The company. You need wild harvested Chaga bc it's the birch tree ? (I believe) compounds that they use and metabolize or simply absorb to then create some of the important active ingredients of chaga. Chaga growing on woodchips or whatever poor substrate is used commercially sometimes (I forget the details) makes it far less useful. Or maybe totally useless (I forget if chaga can produce ANY of its own active ingredients without growing on birch trees, but its certainly reliant on them for a big portion of them). Sorry I don't remember every single detail and have to qualify things but my memory is far from perfect. I used to be sharper before extreme illness
Thank you for the Chaga Mountain recommendation. I think I had read about that company before while investigating Chaga.

sunny

Is this the website you use for the Chaga Mountain company?

If you go to chagamountain dot com it seems to be an ad site that takes you elsewhere.

Mauritio

This an interesting one.
It actually more than doubled the time they were able to swim

"The swimming time to exhaustion was significantly longer in the IOP-treated groups [IOP-100,(154 ± 18) min; IOP-200,(210 ± 15)min; IOP-300,(241 ± 15) min] compared with the control group[(115 ± 18) min, P < 0.05]."

Whats even more impressive: it more than tripled liver glycogen content in the highest dose!

"Therefore, glycogen content is a sensitive parameter related to fatigue. Liver glycogen contents were significantly higher in IOP-treated groups in the liver [IOP-100, (13.52 ± 1.97) mg/g;IOP-200, (17.19 ± 2.31) mg/g; IOP-300, (22.91 ±2.40) mg/g] and muscle [IOP-100, (1.70 ± 1.16) mg/g; IOP-200, (1.95 ± 0.12) mg/g; IOP-300, (2.10 ±0.11) mg/g) compared with controls [liver: controlgroup (7.22 ± 0.54) mg/g; muscle: (1.25 ± 0.12) mg/g](all P < 0.05 between all IOP groups and controls ..:"

- Sci-Hub | Effect of Inonotus Obliquus Polysaccharides on physical fatigue in mice. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 35(4), 468–472 | 10.1016/s0254-6272(15)30126-6

Mauritio

This study shows that the betulinic acid has thyroid-enhancing potential by lowering down the TSH levels and reducing the damage caused in the thyroid tissues, thus minimizing the symptoms of hypothyroidism when used anaphylactically in rats.
Thats a good one as well, shows that betulinic acid was basically as effective as thyroid hormone for treating hypothyroidism.

Mauritio

Premium Organic Chaga Mushroom Chunks - 8 oz of Authentic 100% Wild Harvested Canadian Chaga Tea - Superfood Amazon.com
Wow, the top review from this product:

"In summary: Suffered from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) " No longer the case thanks to the miracle work of Chaga!"

Prior consuming Chaga:
At age 31 had a total Hysterectomy. Then started my intestinal issues. IBS (diarrhea, constipation and severe intestinal blockages that had me hospitalized a few times.) Doctors put me on consuming Relaxa twice daily, which worked for a short while, then onto Constella pills which include numerous side effects.

I now consume Chaga (Chunks) daily and drink it as Ice Tea. I no longer suffer from any of the symptoms mentioned above nor have I since, taken any medication! It truly is life changing for me. I feel energized! A true Gift of nature!
And on a practical note, i also buy the Chaga pills for my travels :)"

sunny

When wild harvesting:

"You really don't want to harvest anything under the size of a grapefruit. The sciene behind that is, it's already gone through one sporing cycle. Which allows it to kind of breed within itself. It actually helps us to have more chaga in the area if you wait until the size is that big."

Once you find your Chaga you want to dry it, but the slower you dry it, the better. If you dry it out too quickly, it will develop mold.

"You DON'T want mold. So, a slower dry. Something where it's slower to actually heat up, keeps away what you don't want on the chaga."

After drying out 3 pieces, about the size of a quarter in a gallon of boiling water, you have more than enough chaga tea for yourself. "So this piece of chaga will make about 15 to 20 gallons. So you don't need to go out and harvest, 30, 40 pounds of chaga,"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals