Ceramic Cookware- Any Details On Safety?

freal

OK. Basically it is almost impossible to make something like scrambled eggs or cooking a chicken on steel cookware.

Now how safe is this ceramic cookware, there are 2 variants, on is white ceramic and one is black, are they both safe, what are they made of, there is so little information on the internet. There is also "green"ceramic layer that was "burned on" using lower temperatures.

What if you scratch ceramic cookware?

Some ceramic cookware is stated by manufacturers to be made using "nano" technology??

jyb

On that note, glass cookware is pretty awesome. I would never go back.

OP
F

freal

Hmmm. Basically I found out my ceramic pan is made from titanium and silicon compounds, titanium does not sound good?!?!

Also it is difficult to find any data on the materials used since manufacturers guard it as "top secret" information.

Some research that has been done independently found out that most ceramic cookware leaches a lot of heavy metals!!!!

" http://www.greenprophet.com/2011/12/cer ... pan-toxic/ "

Its seems that you cannot trust anyone anymore.

DaveFoster

I deeply regret my Pyrex. Everything burns, every time.

Bump. Any thoughts on ceramic woks and the like?

noordinary

I deeply regret my Pyrex. Everything burns, every time.
I will stand by Pyrex Visions glass cookware, I love it and used it for over 3 years now.
Bone broth takes at least 8 hours to make, I would not risk using any other cookware for such prolonged cooking time.

DaveFoster

I will stand by Pyrex Visions glass cookware, I love it and used it for over 3 years now.
Bone broth takes at least 8 hours to make, I would not risk using any other cookware for such prolonged cooking time.
It's fine for soup, but anything thick or solid burns.