Censorship rears it's ugly head in Canada

Rick K

Rex Murphy: Liberals' dangerous arrogance didn't begin and won't end with internet-regulation bill (msn.com)

At least, for the moment, the communist Trudeau has backed off because of the backlash. Canada has had so many liberties that we take for granted but now must be vigilant for. That the Prime Minister actually tried this queues us up with other oppressive nations such as N. Korea. Note how the author refers to his as a wokemeister:

There, in speculative and imagined dialogue, is the voice of the mindset behind C-10. And the mindset is more dangerous than the bill: an assertion that this government knows what’s best and has the right to impose its ideas of what is right on everyone else. This is the new religion of woke.

Birdie

Does anybody know what happened to that pastor who wouldn't stop having church services? I saw the video of his arrest. He had lived under communism (maybe in Ukraine) and saw what was happening. Was it in Alberta?

P

Peatness

Last edited by a moderator:

akgrrrl

Some new hope here @Rick K @Pina @akgrrrl @Birdie

Thankyou Lolly. Yes, some good news...on other reality fronts, I drove to town with a pal to a Walmart Supercenter and to the Kroger with the highest gross sales in Alaska. Walmart canned veg aisle: corn and beans. No beets, asparagus, hominy, spinach, carrots, peas.
Kroger: not a single potato. 4 onions. Thats right, no purples, no whites, no bags. Throughout the store, every section where product spread out to make it not look empty. So, the next phase is still on track

OP
Rick K

Rick K

Does anybody know what happened to that pastor who wouldn't stop having church services? I saw the video of his arrest. He had lived under communism (maybe in Ukraine) and saw what was happening. Was it in Alberta?
I believe you're referring to a pastor who was recorded yelling at police to leave and calling them nazis.

AnonE

It's really screwed here regarding these issues, not proud to be Canadian atm... Our conservatives aren't much better, they're still locking people down over a flu/cold, becoming ecofascists, and wasting tax dollars on many things.

At least we're not Australia? Honestly though it's a very slippery slope. I've already told everyone I know that I predict we will have fullscale winter lockdowns, calls for 3rd + 4th booster shots, etc. They think I'm crazy. Well they thought the same thing when I cautioned about vaccine passports last year. Canadians don't have a true sense of freedom and independence like (at least some) Americans do. Very sad.

OP
Rick K

Rick K

It's really screwed here regarding these issues, not proud to be Canadian atm... Our conservatives aren't much better, they're still locking people down over a flu/cold, becoming ecofascists, and wasting tax dollars on many things.

At least we're not Australia? Honestly though it's a very slippery slope. I've already told everyone I know that I predict we will have fullscale winter lockdowns, calls for 3rd + 4th booster shots, etc. They think I'm crazy. Well they thought the same thing when I cautioned about vaccine passports last year. Canadians don't have a true sense of freedom and independence like (at least some) Americans do. Very sad.

Lollipop2

Thankyou Lolly. Yes, some good news...on other reality fronts, I drove to town with a pal to a Walmart Supercenter and to the Kroger with the highest gross sales in Alaska. Walmart canned veg aisle: corn and beans. No beets, asparagus, hominy, spinach, carrots, peas.
Kroger: not a single potato. 4 onions. Thats right, no purples, no whites, no bags. Throughout the store, every section where product spread out to make it not look empty. So, the next phase is still on track
Yikes. I haven’t seen that here in Dallas yet.

Birdie

I believe you're referring to a pastor who was recorded yelling at police to leave and calling them nazis.

Yes, that's the one. Thank you as I didn't know his name. Later I saw the video of his being arrested about a week later.

"Pawlowski was found guilty of contempt of court order.... for holding services at their Fortress (Cave) of Adullam Street Church in defiance of Alberta’s Public Health Act. ......

Pawlowski ripped the Alberta government in an interview with Rebel News claiming Premier Jason Kenney should be held in contempt of court for being photographed dining on the roof of a government building. (Not mentioned but sounds like it was a group.)

"The level of hypocrisy right now is unbelievable," he said. .....

Pawlowski has frequently compared what he has experienced during the COVID lockdowns to his time growing up in communist Poland. Pawlowski and his brother face possible imprisonment after their sentencing hearing July 27.

OP
Rick K

Rick K

Yes, that's the one. Thank you as I didn't know his name. Later I saw the video of his being arrested about a week later.

"Pawlowski was found guilty of contempt of court order.... for holding services at their Fortress (Cave) of Adullam Street Church in defiance of Alberta’s Public Health Act. ......

Pawlowski ripped the Alberta government in an interview with Rebel News claiming Premier Jason Kenney should be held in contempt of court for being photographed dining on the roof of a government building. (Not mentioned but sounds like it was a group.)

"The level of hypocrisy right now is unbelievable," he said. .....

Pawlowski has frequently compared what he has experienced during the COVID lockdowns to his time growing up in communist Poland. Pawlowski and his brother face possible imprisonment after their sentencing hearing July 27.
Now that covid no longer exists I bet it gets thrown out.

Birdie

Now that covid no longer exists I bet it gets thrown out.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. A blessing! Thanks Rick for noting that so I could get back to this thread too. :):

OP
Rick K

Rick K

Back
Top Bottom