Cells Within Psoriatic Plaques Are Rendered Insulin Resistant

jaa

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26315601

Psoriasis primarily affects the skin, but also has a systemic dimension and is associated with severe comorbidities. Since endothelial cells play an important role in psoriasis as well as in the development of cardiovascular comorbidities, we investigated whether a common mechanism, namely cytokine-induced insulin resistance, underlies both pathologies. Activation of the insulin pathway was studied in psoriatic skin and dermal endothelial cells. Expression of adhesion molecules was assessed by flow cytometry, as well as their biological function in flow chamber experiments. The phosphorylation status of Akt, a central kinase in the insulin pathway, suggests that endothelial cells within psoriatic plaques are rendered insulin resistant by pro-inflammatory cytokines. Insulin counteracts the expression of adhesion molecules, but has limited effects on interactions between T cells and endothelial cells. Pro-inflammatory cytokines induce insulin resistance in endothelial cells, which may contribute to the development of the inflammatory infiltrate in psoriasis.

As a person who has had psoriasis for a long while, I find this interesting, but I don't really know what to make of it. Is there hope for reversing T2 of the cells in this case? Any advice is more than welcome!

burtlancast

Tulio Simoncini, who uses baking soda against cancer, claims iodine applied topically can cure psoriasis, which is caused too by a fungus.

Parsifal

That's interesting because when I tried a ketogenic diet my psoriasis (which manifests itself as crusty dandruff and crust skin aside my nails on thumbs, this is autodiagnosed as psoriasis though, I also believe it could be candidiasis but people here don't seem to believe in it) disapeared and re-appeared anytime I ate carbs (even if that was only fruits).
Since I'm Peating the psoriasis is the lowest of all my carbs experiments but I can have some flares from times to times.
It does really get worse when I eat starches (and I also get a lot more mucus).

I believe that it is quite related to endotoxins as well because anytime that my digestion worsen (like getting diarrhea) the psoriasis will become worse.

Food combination seems very important as well, if I eat fruits at the end of a protein meal the psoriasis will worsen but if I eat the fruits before and after the meat I will not get it. You have to eat the food that is digested faster before the food that is digested slower and it applies between the fruits as well (acidic fruits seems to be digested faster than sweat fruits, melons ans watermelons are the fastests digested fruits).
I believe that Hubert Shelton and the natural hygienist has a good point here about food combination.

Parsifal

burtlancast said:
post 99906 Tulio Simoncini, who uses baking soda against cancer, claims iodine applied topically can cure psoriasis, which is caused too by a fungus.

Does it cure psoriasis or just solve the flare temporarily?

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnP

Iodine kills the microorganisms in the skin which induce the immune reaction (psoriasis) due to ANS dysfunction.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals