Cells' Internal Voltages Confirmed, Stronger Than Lightning

Human Cells have Electric Fields as Powerful as Lighting Bolts
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2008/07/human-cells-fou.html

The existence of strong electric fields across cellular membranes is accepted as a basic fact of cell biology. The fact that cells have internal electric fields as well, however, is a whole new revelation. Scientists previously did not know of the existence of internal cellular energy fields, and are just in the earliest stages of understand the phenomenon. Kopelman presented his results at the annual meeting of the American Society for Cell Biology this month. "There has been no skepticism as to the measurements," says Kopelman. "But we don't have an interpretation."

When I moved a microelectrode through a cell, using an apparatus that could move it forward or backward in very small increments, I found that the voltage fluctuated with the location in the cell, and that withdrawing or advancing the electrode, each location would show the same voltage as before, when the electrode returned. This meant that, even electrically, the cytoplasm was behaving as a solid, not as a liquid. According to the "membrane theory" of the cell, the liquid part of the cytoplasm has to have the same voltage in all of its parts.

From: Ray Peat, "Energy, structure, and carbon dioxide: A realistic view of the organism"

treelady

...Everything is energy. That thought just opens up an explosion of feelings - What an amazing existence. ...Or is it that the sun just came out after a bunch of cloudy days. ...and a sip of coffee-cocoa-sugar-milk latte in the afternoon?

pboy

youd figure there would have to be, the amount of heat and energy humans produce off the food we eat is actually astounding when you think about it. Like...my whole body can maintain 98 degrees with a light sheet in near freezing cold weather for the night off of like 800 calories...if you think about that in oil, its like 4 ounces, half a cup...if you had a candle made of oil with that size it would be like a weak flame that might last a few hours...yet somehow out body creates massive amounts of heat and energy from it. I think it has all to do with proper chemical reactions...like how saltpeter is extremely flammable (potassium nitrate), theres all kinds of expiriments you can do with fire, and even a tiny amount of the right chemicals can create huge energy and power. Like those little model rockets or a firework...its a relatively tiny amount of material in there, but the chemistry causes a massive amount of heat and energy to be released. I think thyroid hormone, im sure a lot of stuff, but thyroid being nitrogen and iodine, its probably adding a lot of energy to the combustion of sugar, as is potassium, and probably more. Im surprised its stronger than lightening, but then again not!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals