Celliant, Material That Uses Body Heat To Create Near Infrared Light

Soren

Forum Supporter
Don't know if this has been discussed before but there is a mattress company that uses a material called Celliant that emits natural infrared light by using the bodies own heat as energy and converting it into infrared light.

It is marketed to anyone but particularly to athletes there are also clothing companies that use the material.

Unfortunately some of the ingredients that make up its composition have been found to be toxic when ingested or absorbed by humans.

"Celliant is a unique blend of 13 thermo-reactive minerals including titanium dioxide, silicon dioxide and aluminum oxide. Additional proprietary ingredients are blended with polyester fiber to create a variety of staple fibers, spun and filament yarns, and fabric blends."

Although if the manufacturing process is done correctly I doubt there is much risk of these ingredients being absorbed into the body if you are simply laying on top of a mattress that is also covered by sheets.

I can imagine that 8 hours of very low steady exposure to infrared light every night would have great benefits for health.

Equally for those wearing celliant clothing engaged in exercise. Almost like a constant metabolic assistance for the body.

Here is a link to the mattress company if anyone is interested. The Best Sleep for Your Active Lifestyle | Bear Mattress

Also here is a link to the company that makes Celliant: https://celliant.com/science/

Obviously the links I have posted are from those who are interested in selling the benefits of the material so take them with a grain of salt but either way the concept of clothing and material that uses ones own body heat to create infrared light is really cool in my eyes.

rei

Interesting if it really works. Apparently their own published research shows it should work. But i cannot justify the cost to test it out. Cheapest method i have found is 150 dollar bed sheets, which is ridiculous.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Interesting if it really works. Apparently their own published research shows it should work. But i cannot justify the cost to test it out. Cheapest method i have found is 150 dollar bed sheets, which is ridiculous.

Yea buying just the sheets might be a bit too much. But the mattress that bear sell are quite reasonably priced compared to other mattress's and offer a 100 day return and a 10 year warranty. If you're in the market for a new mattress it might be worth a look.

I have been looking for a new mattress myself which is why I came across this product. Unfortunately BEAR don't sell in the EU and I can't seem to find anything available in Europe that is similar.

GAF

UnderArmor sells T shirts etc. Celliant.com lists those who sell products with the fabric

FoodForeal

Why not just use a space blanket to reflect infrared light back on to the body?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals