Cell phone use tied to brain cancer

haidut

Forum Supporter
CERENAT also found gliomas in 2013... I think they will find this for more and more parts of the body especially when smartphones move the most data when in the pocket or near the abdomen.

jyb

I now try to do calls using my headphones, and otherwise keep my phone on the table (if I'm at work) rather than in my pocket and turn the airplane mode on when I'm in the transports. I'm not sure what else I can do.

BingDing

I got a land line installed at my apartment and hooked up a corded phone. Good idea about a headset for cell phones.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
For several years I had to carry a cell phone clipped to my waist for work during waking hours 7 days a week. I always had it attached to my right side. During that time period I had to have my right ovary removed and I always wondered if having the cell phone that close to my body might have contributed to the problems I had with that ovary. :shock: It probably didn't help matters.

jyb said:
I now try to do calls using my headphones, and otherwise keep my phone on the table (if I'm at work) rather than in my pocket and turn the airplane mode on when I'm in the transports. I'm not sure what else I can do.

With considerable effort nowadays there is the chance to convince the whole group of people to use the wi-fi networks to handle most things, and that means one less network you are exposed to. Some people who have positions of power have chosen not to use cellphones or e-mails at all or while on the move. Perhaps this case could be made even as a regular employee. I am sure with time precedents of this kind will be set, but it could take decades.