Celery Juice Fad - Skin Side Effects - Can Anyone Help?

Rock_V

Can anyone help my mum?

My mum has been drinking celery juice for 7 months following the advice of Anthony William aka the Medical Medium in an effort to cure a nervous system condition called burning mouth.

In doing so she has developed a sensitivity to light, mainly artificial light from phones and lightbulbs, which is causing her skin flare up and feel very hot, irritated and sore. It also appears very red and is causing her a lot of distress.

I can’t find much information online but from what I’ve gathered so far it seems that the furanocoumarins may be the cause of the photosensitivity. She has been drinking celery for a long time and has now obviously stopped, but is most distressed that she may have caused lasting damage and given herself another burning condition. Can anyone give her any reassurance or information?

It would be really appreciated!

RWilly

How much did she drink a day?

It looks like celery juice is high in vitamin A and K. Vitamin A and photosensitivity are related. Does she react to red light?

Lollipop2

Might be Oxalate Toxicity. Not a fan of Dr. Mercola AND Seems reducing oxalates in diet alone might help.

OP
R

Rock_V

@RWilly She took 400ml every morning as per the Medical Mediums recommendation. The celery juice protocol has been promoted as a panacea and a miracle cure, but I think it’s all just one big marketing ploy that has been boosted by celebrity testimonials and promises a lot to people who’re desperate to be cured.

RWilly

@RWilly She took 400ml every morning as per the Medical Mediums recommendation. The celery juice protocol has been promoted as a panacea and a miracle cure, but I think it’s all just one big marketing ploy that has been boosted by celebrity testimonials and promises a lot to people who’re desperate to be cured.

This is how 400ml (13.52 ounces) of celery juice breaks down in cronometer relative to RDAs (just for general knowledge in troubleshooting the issue)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 1.28.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 1.28.57 PM.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 134

tankasnowgod

Celery is pretty high in nitrates and nitrates. I don't think this is usually a big deal (even your own saliva has a far greater concentration), but with lots of juicing, I think it could possibly lead to increased nitric oxide.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals