Celebs Are Our Secularist Culture’s Substitute Saints

ReSTART

"This is not in any way meant to speak ill of the dead, and we do well to remember the souls of all the departed, not just the faithful ones, in our prayers. The fact is, though, that we assign to our icons the status of truth-tellers. We give weight to their worthless wonderings. We endow them with extra specialness, and we mull over their maxims: adultery is fun; drugs are harmless; marriage is temporary arrangement subject to a better one presenting itself; you can break the rules because you made the rules; sin doesn’t exist; God doesn’t exist; mercy doesn’t exist; only The Self and its mad clutching exists."

When idols fall

amethyst

"This is not in any way meant to speak ill of the dead, and we do well to remember the souls of all the departed, not just the faithful ones, in our prayers. The fact is, though, that we assign to our icons the status of truth-tellers. We give weight to their worthless wonderings. We endow them with extra specialness, and we mull over their maxims: adultery is fun; drugs are harmless; marriage is temporary arrangement subject to a better one presenting itself; you can break the rules because you made the rules; sin doesn’t exist; God doesn’t exist; mercy doesn’t exist; only The Self and its mad clutching exists."

When idols fall
Celebs are secular society's representation of ancient gods and goddesses put in place by TPTB (the powers that be) because they, TPTB, think of themselves as descendants of the gods.

OP
R

ReSTART

"you can break the rules because you made the rules"

sticks with me

Richiebogie

I wonder if David Bowie will be resurrected at some time in the future... perhaps as a star man who falls to Earth...

This appears to be the performer who played David Bowie without his mismatching eyes...

I used to idolize David Bowie until that Tin Machine album came out! There's another clue - only David Bowie could defend that album!

Of course there is only one man we should worship! All else are imperfect, and can only lead us astray!

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom