Celebrities/entertainment As Essential Services

Drareg

Does anyone find it strange that talk shows and entertainment shows are continuing relatively normal?

Since when is this an essential service?
I’m going by government definitions of this, I don’t agree with it obviously.
Essential travel and no more than 2km from your home are standard across the world in most countries except Sweden ,Japan etc

The only difference is some shows do guests via video link, some actually are not and may still have guests traveling from different countries, can anyone confirm more of this?

Keep in mind that an average show has dozens of staff and the presenter is in the studio for the most part, if you think celebs are at home just hooking up to skype with basic lighting ,no production team or make up you are deluding yourself.

Isn’t it strange that we suspect the contemporary entertainers, the celebrity icons are used as culture influencers and here we are, they are still getting paid a fortune with some of the biggest audiences they will ever have.

Who owns the studios ? Any patterns? Guaranteed there is, sports and live concerts were always to hard to control the message, to easy to go off script, actors on talk shows are much easier to control and script.

The Celeb campaign for vaccines should start soon,feel good advert and insta clips, they must cowering after seen the bill Epstein gates backlash.

tankasnowgod

Does anyone find it strange that talk shows and entertainment shows are continuing relatively normal?

Since when is this an essential service?
I’m going by government definitions of this, I don’t agree with it obviously.
Essential travel and no more than 2km from your home are standard across the world in most countries except Sweden ,Japan etc

The only difference is some shows do guests via video link, some actually are not and may still have guests traveling from different countries, can anyone confirm more of this?

Keep in mind that an average show has dozens of staff and the presenter is in the studio for the most part, if you think celebs are at home just hooking up to skype with basic lighting ,no production team or make up you are deluding yourself.

Isn’t it strange that we suspect the contemporary entertainers, the celebrity icons are used as culture influencers and here we are, they are still getting paid a fortune with some of the biggest audiences they will ever have.

Who owns the studios ? Any patterns? Guaranteed there is, sports and live concerts were always to hard to control the message, to easy to go off script, actors on talk shows are much easier to control and script.

The Celeb campaign for vaccines should start soon,feel good advert and insta clips, they must cowering after seen the bill Epstein gates backlash.

It's not nearly as difficult as you make it out to be. People recording Voice Over have been recording professionally out of their home studios for decades now, and used ISDN before internet got to the level where it could handle high quality VO. Invest a couple hundred bucks, you can have pretty good audio. Invest a couple thousand, it can sound great. I know it would be similar for video, I'm sure $10,000 or so could get you totally professional video, and don't doubt some were doing that already.

As for equipment, as quality has gone up, price has come down. You can see any number of live streams on Youtube showing great quality video and sound (although it can vary widely). Just as I would guess anyone who works in audio has a decent home setup, I would guess the same of those who do video.

Regarding support staff (hair, makeup, lighting, etc), in live TV, I would guess more and more of them have been cut over time. You simply don't need them as much as you used to.

As for being considered "essential services," I think that mainly applies to businesses that are open to the public.

The audiences may be captive, but ad revenues have been absolutely destroyed. Listen to the radio or watch TV. You will likely see and hear a great many PSA spots (things like ad council, rock the vote, smokey bear, and such), and a lot of Direct Response (more hard sale like "call now to order" and such). Businesses just aren't advertising right now.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

It's not nearly as difficult as you make it out to be. People recording Voice Over have been recording professionally out of their home studios for decades now, and used ISDN before internet got to the level where it could handle high quality VO. Invest a couple hundred bucks, you can have pretty good audio. Invest a couple thousand, it can sound great. I know it would be similar for video, I'm sure $10,000 or so could get you totally professional video, and don't doubt some were doing that already.

As for equipment, as quality has gone up, price has come down. You can see any number of live streams on Youtube showing great quality video and sound (although it can vary widely). Just as I would guess anyone who works in audio has a decent home setup, I would guess the same of those who do video.

Regarding support staff (hair, makeup, lighting, etc), in live TV, I would guess more and more of them have been cut over time. You simply don't need them as much as you used to.

As for being considered "essential services," I think that mainly applies to businesses that are open to the public.

The audiences may be captive, but ad revenues have been absolutely destroyed. Listen to the radio or watch TV. You will likely see and hear a great many PSA spots (things like ad council, rock the vote, smokey bear, and such), and a lot of Direct Response (more hard sale like "call now to order" and such). Businesses just aren't advertising right now.

I’m mainly getting at live entertainment shows, like the Friday night and Saturday night talk shows. The most professional YouTube videos have teams to be fair, I’ve no doubt it can be done by 1 person but I can’t imagine most of the egos in mainstream being bothered to do it on their own.

They are definitely not essential services when we pick examples of what else had to shutdown according to emergency legislation,it’s purely for propaganda purposes, we know full well jimmy kimmel ,graham norton etc toe the line.
For me it highlights how important they are for the propaganda system ,we have evidence from the past CIA were involved with similar shows. If they are not making money I think it’s even more evidence they are more for propagating information and meaning.

tankasnowgod

I’m mainly getting at live entertainment shows, like the Friday night and Saturday night talk shows. The most professional YouTube videos have teams to be fair, I’ve no doubt it can be done by 1 person but I can’t imagine most of the egos in mainstream being bothered to do it on their own.

I don't doubt there might be more than one person, but it's certainly not a full crew. I am no fan of Kimmel, but the difference in quality is easily noticed.

Monolog clip from 2 months ago-

Monolog clip from last week-

Anyway, do a little research into some of these shows and celebrities. A lot may have already taken pay cuts or had their contracts restructured.

theLaw

I don't doubt there might be more than one person, but it's certainly not a full crew. I am no fan of Kimmel, but the difference in quality is easily noticed.

And yet the second clip has more viewers. Wonder if they'll start slashing budgets after this?:cool:

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Monolog clip from 2 months ago-

Monolog clip from last week-

Anyway, do a little research into some of these shows and celebrities. A lot may have already taken pay cuts or had their contracts restructured.

Less people but still not essential services, how they justify even 10 people in his house for this when the rest of the public can’t go beyond 2km ,it’s essential for propaganda though.
People are being arrested in countries for being 2km from their home.

The second video entry,his opening piece about the positives of being at home, it’s pure propaganda, the global climate emergency folks are loving this.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

And yet the second clip has more viewers. Wonder if they'll start slashing budgets after this?:cool:

They are probably moving to online as the main outlet anyway ,this is the transition.

There is no way these types of shows will disappear ,they are perfect for propaganda, it’s like PR for the establishment ,PR costs you money but indirectly you profit.

tankasnowgod

Less people but still not essential services, how they justify even 10 people in his house for this when the rest of the public can’t go beyond 2km ,it’s essential for propaganda though.
People are being arrested in countries for being 2km from their home.

I'm guessing by using km and not miles that you aren't from the United States? Things are a little different here. Some of the ordinances aren't that strict, and don't really apply to people. It's more fear and compliance that's working here, along with putting the screws to businesses. Go read Eric Garcetti's ordinance for Los Angeles, and/or Gavin Newsom's for California, if you are curious what rules (or code) Kimmel is likely operating under.

Mainly, the ordinance is done at the local level, meaning city or state. I don't know how many people Kimmel has with him beyond his family, but it might not be ten people, if any. He doesn't even appear to have a cameraman.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

I'm guessing by using km and not miles that you aren't from the United States? Things are a little different here. Some of the ordinances aren't that strict, and don't really apply to people. It's more fear and compliance that's working here, along with putting the screws to businesses. Go read Eric Garcetti's ordinance for Los Angeles, and/or Gavin Newsom's for California, if you are curious what rules (or code) Kimmel is likely operating under.

Mainly, the ordinance is done at the local level, meaning city or state. I don't know how many people Kimmel has with him beyond his family, but it might not be ten people, if any. He doesn't even appear to have a cameraman.

No not USA but most of Europe is a police state ,most in breach of constitutional rights, it could be like that here because it’s an easy way for more European integration without referendums.

Back
Top Bottom